AU Women's Portal Thread

TD1

So far, several players from the team have entered the portal. It'll be interesting see how Coach Harris maneuvers the portal. 

On 3/21/2023 at 9:22 PM, TD1 said:

So far, several players from the team have entered the portal. It'll be interesting see how Coach Harris maneuvers the portal. 

I heard Remi and at least 1 other quit the team before the season was over.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I heard Remi and at least 1 other quit the team before the season was over.

Yup. A freshman, I can't remember her name at the moment, quit a week or 2 ago. 

11 hours ago, TD1 said:

I read a similar account on twitter. 

Is there somewhere that we can see who enters the portal?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Is there somewhere that we can see who enters the portal?

I'm not sure. I saw where Honesty shared posts where Romi and Sania were entering the portal. Mya Pratcher is the 3rd player that entered. 

• Thanks 1

Romi was pretty solid, but she had really unfortunate injury luck the last couple years and was a bench player this season from what I saw. No connections to the women’s program personally, but it might’ve been pursuit in more time. She loved Auburn and was pretty loved around the programs, so I doubt it has anything to do with unruly reasons 

I feel like virtually all of our transfers from the previous tenure have been related to PT 

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2023 at 9:25 AM, TD1 said:

I'm not sure. I saw where Honesty shared posts where Romi and Sania were entering the portal. Mya Pratcher is the 3rd player that entered. 

It's not complete, as I've heard there are over 600 D1 Women in the portal, and this site only shows less than 300...

https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-transfers-d-i-2022-23/

And I'll chime in on recruiting Nike vs UA vs Adidas.  The Nike Girls EYBL is, I think, more competitive and has better players on whole than both the Adidas Gauntlet or the Under Armour league, but when my daughter played for a Under Armour team, and at their end of season tournament, I saw plenty of power 5 coaches. 

Will also add that when my daughter attended an Auburn Elite Camp prior to her freshman year, the Auburn Coaches had 10 girls from a Nike EYBL Team based in Alabama there, and those girls were the only campers (of about 50) the AU Coaching staff paid any attention to. But it looked like it was more personal connection between the AAU director and the Auburn staff.

She ended up playing for a Nike BlueStar team her last 2 seasons, and signed with an Adidas team (although they are switching to Nike in June).  I don't think which team she played for had any bearing on who recruited her (she was recruited by Nike, UA, and Adidas schools). 

The biggest girls tournament in the country, Run 4 Roses, has teams from all shoe brands. 

Edited by AUJarhead
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Richardson, who I thought did a great job as a freshman, has entered the portal. May or may not be anything, but in her announcement she didn't thank the coaches or staff. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, TD1 said:

Richardson, who I thought did a great job as a freshman, has entered the portal. May or may not be anything, but in her announcement she didn't thank the coaches or staff. 

Sounds like a big loss to me. I may split the portal posts from this thread & create an AU women's portal thread out of it tommorow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, TD1 said:

This is the wheels coming off..... Jesus take the wheel at this point.

We need a HELP WANTED sign hung over the Arena at this point.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My goodness is this falling apart. Not worked out liked we’d hoped so far with the now not so new staff to say the least. 

9 hours ago, TD1 said:

Aicha Coulibaly entered the portal. This is a huge loss for Auburn. 

Something unfortunate is going on. I don't pretend to know what, but something "ain't right" with our women's program.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Something unfortunate is going on. I don't pretend to know what, but something "ain't right" with our women's program.

It hurts to have to agree with you but we are losing quality players to the Portal and so far no players coming in from the Portal. I had high hopes for our coach but I am not sure what is happening with all these players leaving.

19 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Now THAT is a loss that would make me start worrying 

I think to continue to build on the upward trend, that it was vital for Aicha to be apart of the program. 

I went to look to look at the roster on the site. We have 11 players listed, 4 are in the portal so far. 

Someone in the athletic department needs to do an inquiry into the program. Not saying it’s coaches but we need to know what it is whether it be NIL or something else.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2023 at 11:46 AM, TD1 said:

I think to continue to build on the upward trend, that it was vital for Aicha to be apart of the program. 

I went to look to look at the roster on the site. We have 11 players listed, 4 are in the portal so far. 

I think Romi is a SEC bench caliber player, Richardson is someone you really want to build up to reach her talent, and Aicha is good anywhere. Losing those 3 B2B2B is non-ideal

On 4/4/2023 at 12:15 PM, blakem said:

Someone in the athletic department needs to do an inquiry into the program. Not saying it’s coaches but we need to know what it is whether it be NIL or something else.

I agree. Also, TD1 mentioned Richardson entering the portal and in her announcement, she didn't thank the coaching staff. That's worrisome and I hope our women's program isn't experiencing what our football program experienced under Harsin. Where players are leaving mainly because of the coach and then we have trouble replenishing the roster through the portal. Btw, I've got no idea if this is what's happening with our women's basketball program but something is definitely off and it needs to be looked into yesterday. WDE

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

and then we have trouble replenishing the roster through the portal.

FWIW per a reputable insider we missed on 4/5 transfers last year because our NIL doesn't do much with WBB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW per a reputable insider we missed on 4/5 transfers last year because our NIL doesn't do much with WBB.

Ok, didn't know that. Thanks