Trump posts on social media the he expects to be arrested sometime next week

Didba

https://apnews.com/article/trump-arrested-indicted-hush-money-manhattan-prosecutor-a48428984cf99d23f46b4157b34160ae

NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump claimed on Saturday that his arrest was imminent and issued an extraordinary call for his supporters to protest as a New York grand jury investigates hush money payments to women who alleged sexual encounters with the former president. 

Despite no evidence that Manhattan prosecutors have given any official notice to him or his lawyers, Trump declared in a post on his social media platform that he expected to be taken into custody on Tuesday. The message seemed designed to preempt a formal announcement from prosecutors and to galvanize outrage from his base of supporters in advance of charges widely seen as coming soon.

In its direct encouragement of protest, and his capital letter demand to “TAKE OUR NATION BACK!” the post evoked in foreboding ways the rhetoric he used shortly before the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. After hearing from the then-president at a Washington rally that morning, his supporters marched to the Capitol and tried to stop the congressional certification of Democrat Joe Biden’s White House victory, breaking through doors and windows of the building and leaving officers beaten and bloodied.

District Attorney Alvin Bragg is thought to be eyeing charges in the hush money investigation, and recently offered Trump a chance to testify before the grand jury. Local law enforcement officials are bracing for the public safety ramifications of an unprecedented prosecution of a former American president.

But there has been no public announcement of any time frame for the grand jury’s secret work in the case. At least one additional witness is expected to testify, further indicating that no vote to indict has yet been taken, according to a person familiar with the investigation who was not authorized to publicly discuss the case and spoke on condition of anonymity. 

That did not stop Trump from taking to his social media platform to say “illegal leaks” from Bragg’s office indicate that “THE FAR & AWAY LEADING REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE & FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WILL BE ARRESTED ON TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK.”

Edited by Didba

Whatever the DA is going to do, it is past time it is done.  There is really no excuse for this type of thing to be drawn out for years.  Personally, I believe that there are much greater real crimes to charge the man with, and I'm the last person that would spend an ounce of time defending this clown.

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I really wish the Georgia case regarding election interference had come down first.

Bro, take the win with the rest of us...

Edited by DKW 86
  • Haha 1

i just hope they handcuff his crooked ass. then i am gonna chant lock him up to all of his followers still hanging around. you know you are there. i know you are there........

5 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I'll believe it when i see it. 

Nevertheless, another one of his lackeys is going down:

Opinion | Judge ruling Trump attorney Corcoran must testify is another blow - The Washington Post

Judge Howell delivers another blow to Trump and his lawyer

U.S. District Judge Beryl A. Howell ruled in a sealed opinion that Trump’s attorney Evan Corcoran must not only answer questions regarding his client’s alleged retention of documents and obstruction of investigators but also turn over his notes. The reason for piercing the normally inviolate attorney-client privilege: the crime-fraud exception.

At issue, it seems, is the statement Corcoran prepared attesting that Trump’s legal team had made a “diligent search” of boxes of documents. (A subsequent search conducted pursuant to a warrant turned up hundreds of classified documents Trump had not returned.) Howell held that because there was sufficient evidence that Trump and Corcoran participated in a crime (e.g., violation of the Espionage Act, obstruction of justice), Trump lost the benefit of attorney-client privilege. Put differently, if he and Corcoran, for example, were working to deceive investigators or willfully retain highly sensitive documents, their conversations and any documents in furtherance of such crimes must be disclosed to the grand jury....

....Legal scholar Joshua Matz tells me, “Courts do not lightly pierce attorney-client privilege on the basis of the crime-fraud exception, and doing so here signals a judicial understanding that some of the relevant communications likely involved ongoing or future crimes.”....

....Trump attorney Christina Bobb, who signed the statement Corcoran drafted but with the caveat “to the best of my knowledge,” reportedly agreed to cooperate with investigators. It seems that Trump has a habit of ensnaring his attorneys in allegedly illegal activities.....

...Howell’s ruling means she has already seen substantial evidence of Trump’s illegal conduct. Although conviction requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt, Howell’s ruling ensures that Corcoran, a witness with intimate knowledge of Trump’s mind-set and actions, will provide prosecutors with even more ammunition against Trump, unless he invokes the Fifth. In a case with well-established facts, multiple witnesses and clearly applicable federal laws that carry steep penalties, Trump’s own counsel could deliver a fatal legal blow.

Coming on the precipice of a possible New York indictment for a record-keeping violation, Howell’s ruling should underscore that Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg might merely serve as the warm-up act in the Trump legal drama. Yet to come from Mar-a-Lago, Georgia (focusing on the phony elector scheme) and the federal Jan. 6, 2021, investigations are potential indictments for the most serious crimes Trump could face, crimes that go to the heart of his attempted coup and betrayal of his obligations as president.

• Like 1

Don't know that I agree with Jessie on much, but this reeks of political prosecution as his headline suggests. JMO