who will be the big suprise at camp this year?

aubiefifty

i have heard the kid we got from maryland is a dawg according to his teammates and the best i reemember his stats were great. who ya got?

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Like 3

• aubiefifty changed the title to who will be the big suprise at camp this year?

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have heard the kid we got from maryland is a dawg according to his teammates and the best i reemember his stats were great. who ya got?

I’m really hoping Austin Keyes produces big. We need it at LB. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m really hoping Austin Keyes produces big. We need it at LB. 

if he is from ol miss i hope he kills it so i can thumb my nose at the kid named kiffen.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Cam Brown 

Not sure he would be a Surprise. He's been highly talked about since getting to AU & somebody has to take WR1.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure he would be a Surprise. He's been highly talked about since getting to AU & somebody has to take WR1.

Talk is cheap. Has he done anything yet?  

We've had tons of players be talked up just to disappear when the lights turn on.

Duke, Kyle, Nate, Seth, etc ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Rivaldo Fairweather

Love this kids name but it just make me think it should be the name of the meteorologist in a Ron Burgundy movie. 

• Haha 7

T.J. Finley. I believe he will benefit the most from this staff and probably will stay and start 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We've had tons of players be talked up just to disappear when the lights turn on.

Seemed to be the best of what we had last year so he wouldn't be a surprise to me. Not sure Fairweather would be a surprise either given he was one of the best recieving TEs in free agency, I mean the transfer portal.

Maybr breakout players are better descriptors for them.

29 minutes ago, bigbird said:

man duke was a waste. i wonder if he was the jerk i heard he was. but he could ball.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DAG said:

T.J. Finley. I believe he will benefit the most from this staff and probably will stay and start 

That would certainly be a surprise!!

• Like 2

Anyone with expectations probably should be excluded from a "surprise".

Feel like Finley becoming good and consistent would be the biggest surprise. 

Tate Johnson being a starter at guard would be a massive surprise (or any other legacy OL). Everyone seems to have Stutts/Wright as the presumed starters at guard then 3 transfers at a minimum. I've seen the JUCO tackle get some time at OG too.

Would be nice if we had a Jack LB like Brooks surprise us and perform to his ranking in year 3. Faulk seems like he's impressing folks. Be interesting to see how he does filling a gapping hole we have.

We've got so many DBs that should be really good. Probably breaking my rule, but I'd like to see Zion becoming consistent and a leader. Keionte Scott is my man crush. Want him on the field full time somewhere

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

That would certainly be a surprise!!

I still think we should bring a transfer in, but if the staff feel sufficient with him, I can see them riding with him for this year.

48 minutes ago, DAG said:

I still think we should bring a transfer in, but if the staff feel sufficient with him, I can see them riding with him for this year.

Gonna be a really interesting dynamic. If TJ looks good, has improved, and is leading the team, how will he take a transfer QB? Could he bounce like most expected?

Tricky situation for Hugh. Any new QB will be an unknown, especially if we take a guy who finished 2nd on his team and never started a game (OSU Qbs).

McCall would still be an easier choice bc he has a track record.  Or a 2nd year guy you'd want for depth/development vs someone challenging TJ

Tough decision for Hugh. 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Gonna be a really interesting dynamic. If TJ looks good, has improved, and is leading the team, how will he take a transfer QB? Could he bounce like most expected?

Tricky situation for Hugh. Any new QB will be an unknown, especially if we take a guy who finished 2nd on his team and never started a game (OSU Qbs).

McCall would still be an easier choice bc he has a track record.  Or a 2nd year guy you'd want for depth/development vs someone challenging TJ

Tough decision for Hugh. 

I think it should be open communication. We want you to be the starter, if he is the clear favorite but bring in somebody for support , a young transfer perhaps. If that makes RA or HG transfer so be it. I would not be pushing TJ out the door on the assumption you can get an experienced guy. The other two clearly aren’t ready. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I think it should be open communication. We want you to be the starter, if he is the clear favorite but bring in somebody for support , a young transfer perhaps. If that makes RA or HG transfer so be it. I would not be pushing TJ out the door on the assumption you can get an experienced guy. The other two clearly aren’t ready. 

Agree. It's a really fine line. Better OL and play calling and I like TJ. I was high on him last year. He's got some deficiencies, but he's also got strong upside with throwing the ball...you know what we want a QB to do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

but does tj stay if he is told he will not be guaranteed the job? i guess it depends on the new staff. but i just think as upset as he was maybe he goes to play with his brother without that guarantee? it is hard to figure out. just from tidbits and rumors they say he is tearing it up and the others have taken a step backwards.

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

but does tj stay if he is told he will not be guaranteed the job? i guess it depends on the new staff. but i just think as upset as he was maybe he goes to play with his brother without that guarantee? it is hard to figure out. just from tidbits and rumors they say he is tearing it up and the others have taken a step backwards.

SE Louisiana State has a returning FR starting QB that ended their season pretty strongly.  I'm not sure he's going to get promised the job there.  It's also a massive step down if he has a chance to start here

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I don't know. Hard to say. I would be willing to tell him you have a very high percentage of starting simply based on the fact he has a leg up on the next guy. Now, if we have a good idea we can get Mccall, you do nothing. However, I am not sure that is the case, so bring in depth. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

To be fair, most of the O hasn’t done anything the last few years. 

3 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Yep, could pick any of them too if you wanted

19 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Not mad at you at all. I love the articles you repost and you seem to be a really thoughtful and respectful poster. I had responded to the video and made a comment about a kid (player) that I regretted making so I deleted. My comment was immature on my part and I wasn’t proud of it. I do that sometimes. But it absolutely wasn’t directed at you. You’re my AU brother and I appreciate engaging with you. War Eagle 🦅 

13 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

one of the few bits of news i have heard is the O line is already much improved and those guys have just started practicing with the big boys.