Robby Ashford Freshman Highlights

StatTiger

i wonder if this means stat thinks rob is our guy? grins

I love in the video at 2:54 they yell, "PAAAAASSSSS!!!" and Robby runs it for a 1st down for 20 or so yards. 

Edited by AUINSY

Robby's got flashes. He just needs consistency. And an O-line. And receivers. And better coaching. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i wonder if this means stat thinks rob is our guy? grins

It will be a while before that decision is made and it certainly won’t come in spring practice.

Excellent video @StatTiger!!!

I feel like this is beyond beating a dead horse by now, but…

We all know Robby is a very good athlete and an excellent runner from the QB position!   Whether or not he becomes the starter in 2023 will be determined by   A. How much he can develop as a passer, and B. Who we are able to pick up in the transfer portal.   

Me personally, I would love to see Robby win the job.   He’s a Hoover kid.  It would prove that our coaches are excellent developers of QB talent.   And I love what Robby brings to the table with his athleticism.  
Realistically, however, it seems very likely that our 2023 starter is not currently at AU.  

17 hours ago, StatTiger said:

It will be a while before that decision is made and it certainly won’t come in spring practice.

Great to see you here, Stat!

I want to go on record and say I hope for the best with him. I hope freeze can unlock some major talent. I know I was in the other thread saying I don't think he's anywhere near Nick Marshall but that doesn't mean I'm not rooting for him.

Actually if the thread is still up I was advocating for Gus to get him here and see what he could do in his system when he was in high school. I'm looking at all the QB's in a new light. I hope Finley and the new guys coming in I hope they all have an intense battle that makes them all better.

• Like 2