question guys?

aubiefifty

I saw where Santos told Alabama we should do away with state income tax like florida has. my question is how do they make up the difference? more sales tax? and a ton or reasonable? thanx

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I saw where Santos told Alabama we should do away with state income tax like florida has. my question is how do they make up the difference? more sales tax? and a ton or reasonable? thanx

Tourists.

• Thanks 1

Likely in real estate taxes. That will never happen in Alabama.

In Alabama, you have four groups that own Montgomery:

1. Alabama Farm Bureau
  2. Alabama Power
  3. AEA
  4. Timber Barons/Land Owners. These people are never going to allow any really serious tax reform on land in Alabama. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

I'm not sure what they do with the money now.

TN hasn't had state taxes since I've lived here. The public schools are in generally better shape, the roads and bridges while not great... still in better shape than Alabama. Property taxes in TN while I don't know off hand exactly how close they are to ALs, are still very very low.

The only difference there MIGHT be, and I'm not sure since I quit, but a single black & mild is like 2 dollars here, tons of tobacco tax.

• Like 1