Energy is a balancing act

TexasTiger

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Probably not, but they’ll readily embrace a serial adulterer who lies like rug, fails to pay Caesar what he’s owed, cheat his own brother and even lies to them about his deep and abiding faith and even proclaim God anointed him— interesting bunch, heh Salty? 😉

Sure, when he is their best choice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

C’mon. They were enthusiastic! They didn’t hold their nose. They want him again and there is an array of possibilities. They could make it clear they won’t settle for him again in the primary and a number of Republicans would jump in. Get serious, brother. 😉

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

C’mon. They were enthusiastic! They didn’t hold their nose. They want him again and there is an array of possibilities. They could make it clear they won’t settle for him again in the primary and a number of Republicans would jump in. Get serious, brother. 😉

As I posted elsewhere, for myself, Trump is my third choice for the Pubbie nominee. However, should he win the nomination I'll be happy to vote for him over Bungling Biden or any other Democrat that happens to appear on their ticket.

• Dislike 1

13 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Of course they were “enthusiastic”. Christians knew Trump is an adulterer and bottom of the barrel developer type. With that said he was still considered best to benefit their livelihood and beliefs. Should be telling and not surprising that he was the choice over status quo Washington.

Trumps no political future may very well be made this next round.

• Facepalm 1

42 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Of course they were “enthusiastic”. Christians knew Trump is an adulterer and bottom of the barrel developer type. With that said he was still considered best to benefit their livelihood and beliefs. Should be telling and not surprising that he was the choice over status quo Washington.

Trumps no political future may very well be made this next round.

It wasn’t just that, Salty. You know better. They preferred the message he was peddling to the message of Jesus. And those messages couldn’t be more different.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

We understand that AGW by definition does not equal NGW. Of course you were ticked with the “altar and global warming” comment from Mikey. 

I do agree with Mikey and “altar”. It is often presented similar to a religion and considered a leftist Ideology. 

You do understand that the majority of Christian’s will never accept the progressive left ideology don’t you?

1.  Apparently "we" doesn't include Mikey.

2. I understand many fundamentalists reject scientific understanding of nature, but that's their problem. It doesn't affect the truth (reality).   

Don't know what you mean by "progressive left ideology".  You'll have to explain that.

Edited by homersapien

That's what I love about you guys.  You claim a God-mandated code of morality but are willing to rationalize anything.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Apparently the state of Texas is willing to put their thumbs on the scale to affect the balance:

Texas officials target climate science in textbooks - E&E News (eenews.net)

Texas officials target climate science in textbooks

If you don't accept the science, you can always deny it.  Works until it finally catches up to you.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, homersapien said:

1.  Apparently "we" doesn't include Mikey.

2. I understand many fundamentalists reject scientific understanding of nature, but that's their problem. It doesn't affect the truth (reality).   

Don't know what you mean by "progressive left ideology".  You'll have to explain that.

I don’t really know what it means either. Heard a lady in Sunday School say it and thought it sounded cool. She did reference the “ climate stuff”. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's what I love about you guys.  You claim a God-mandated code of morality but are willing to rationalize anything.  :rolleyes:

One thing I have learned in life and feel sure you have also is that anyone can “rationalize” anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

It wasn’t just that, Salty. You know better. They preferred the message he was peddling to the message of Jesus. And those messages couldn’t be more different.

And lot understood the importance of the Supreme Court nominations that would likely come. What part of his message was in the greater conflict with the message of Jesus?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

And lot understood the importance of the Supreme Court nominations that would likely come. What part of his message was in the greater conflict with the message of Jesus?

If you haven’t seen it, nothing I’ll say will convince you.

30 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I don’t really know what it means either. Heard a lady in Sunday School say it and thought it sounded cool. She did reference the “ climate stuff”. 

Please ask the next time it comes up.

Same for "WOKE" - I'd love to hear a Christian perspective on why WOKE is a bad thing.

ADJECTIVE
INFORMAL
  1. alert to injustice and discrimination in society, especially racism:
Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

One thing I have learned in life and feel sure you have also is that anyone can “rationalize” anything.

Yep.  Even if one believes they are "saved".

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If you haven’t seen it, nothing I’ll say will convince you.

I take it you mean the message he displays with actions, decisions…daily life. That is why it is called the “Trump Phenomenon”. Above my psychological pay grade.

• Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I take it you mean the message he displays with actions, decisions…daily life. That is why it is called the “Trump Phenomenon”. Above my psychological pay grade.

Observing and recognizing a populist demagogue when you see one in action hardly requires expertise.  

Nor does observing someone ridiculing a handicapped person's disability.

And then there's all the documented business practices taught to him by Roy Cohn like stiffing creditors and contractors, daring them to sue..... I could go on.

Yeah, actions, decisions....daily life.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Observing and recognizing a populist demagogue when you see one in action hardly requires expertise.  

Nor does observing someone ridiculing a handicapped person's disability.

And then there's all the documented business practices taught to him by Roy Cohn like stiffing creditors and contractors, daring them to sue..... I could go on.

Yeah, actions, decisions....daily life.

Never said it requires expertise. What ere you getting at?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, homersapien said:

Please ask the next time it comes up.

Same for "WOKE" - I'd love to hear a Christian perspective on why WOKE is a bad thing.

ADJECTIVE
INFORMAL
  1. alert to injustice and discrimination in society, especially racism:

Article to better help you understand “woke”

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2021/6/24/what-is-woke-culture-and-why-has-it-become-so-toxic

• Haha 1

07445C0E-49E1-42C6-8FA9-DB6A6C339161.jpeg

Never said it requires expertise. What ere you getting at?

"I take it you mean the message he displays with actions, decisions…daily life. That is why it is called the “Trump Phenomenon”. Above my psychological pay grade."

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I'll stick to the common definitions as found in a dictionary, thank you.

I am not interested in peverted re-definitions contrived for political purposes.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

07445C0E-49E1-42C6-8FA9-DB6A6C339161.jpeg

George has always been an Anti-Trump critic.

See that Kellyanne is splitting from him

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/mar/04/kellyanne-conway-george-conway-divorce

Trump posted on his social media platform Truth Social, congratulating Kellyanne on being “free at last” and calling George her “wacko husband”, saying she had “finally gotten rid of that disgusting albatross around her neck”.

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I'll stick to the common definitions as found in a dictionary, thank you.

I am not interested in peverted re-definitions contrived for political purposes.

That is disappointing. Just trying to help you understand things.