Sankey Presser Today @ The SEC Bball Tourney

ellitor

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Basketball?

Could be but could be more than that.

Herb Winches theorized this morning that it could be saying SEC is open for more business on more expansion after FSU & Clemson grumbling in the ACC lately.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Herb Winches theorized this morning that it could be saying SEC is open for more business on more expansion after FSU & Clemson grumbling in the ACC lately.

The SEC should have waited for these two to begin with. But it's too late for that now. How much is enough?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The SEC should have waited for these two to begin with. But it's too late for that now. How much is enough?

It's not too late in the long run if we are still eventually heading to super conferences.

• Like 1

Clemson/FSU do less from a market share perspective than UT/Oklahoma.  We got the valuable pieces.

Clem/FSU are locked into the ACC for another decade.  There is no breaking that contract

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Clemson/FSU do less from a market share perspective than UT/Oklahoma.  We got the valuable pieces.

Clem/FSU are locked into the ACC for another decade.  There is no breaking that contract

If college football was about winning on the field, then FSU and Clemson joining the SEC would silly. But it's not, so it makes sense they would want to jump ship.

29 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Clemson/FSU do less from a market share perspective than UT/Oklahoma. 

Yes but believe it or not one of the ESPN market people said recently getting new markets ain't everything. Said even though we already have the FSU & Clemson markets those football programs are still more valuable to be in the SEC than say adding new markets from teams like NC State & Va. Tech because of how many college football fans across the states would watch them as opposed to adding the Carolina & Virginia markets.

34 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

There is no breaking that contract

Maybe but not what I've been hearing on sports shows lately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

The SEC should have waited for these two to begin with.

I agree. Would much rather have them on the schedule other than Tex or Okie., or even A&M for that matter. 

I imagine the SEC is always open for the right business and they wouldn’t have to announce it. I also believe things like this are hard to keep a secret. A big reason is conference members get butt hurt and will release info off the record. That’s how Texas and OU got exposed.

• Like 1

I imagine if if we go to a 1 team rival, it will be Bama. However, even in a three game schedule, rest assure, we get Vandy, one of the other six will be a premier team. It also works vice versa. This is why I do not particularly care about stressing over permanent rivals.

But understand, we won't play a three-game schedule ever. I can assure you of that. We will play a nine-game schedule if we have three annual opponents. A schedule has to be considered in its entirety, not simply in the annual opponents. If we play eight with one annual opponent, the same reality. There's no one-game schedule. One rival will be maybe a little bit more difficult, but that balances itself out over the entire schedule.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Cost/benefit analysis - virtually any school now has an avenue to buy its way out of (or into) a conference affiliation. And only short term injunctions to stop departure work. It's a question of whether Clem/FSU believe they make money in the somewhat short-term joining SEC despite paying other the ACC members monstrous sums to leave. I've lived in Tallahassee 30 yrs, FSU fans DESPISE the SEC. Oh well, they're idiots anyway.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Stricter conference gun laws?

Voted 13-1 in favor. Guess who was the dissenter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/10/2023 at 10:16 AM, ellitor said:

Herb Winches theorized?🤣

Edited by Swamp Eagle

12 hours ago, jluvah said:

Herb Winches is still alive?

Herb is a super guy -- alive and well.   He owns a lakeside restaurant at Lake Martin.   He is there every night greeting customers.  The food is really good.

On 3/12/2023 at 9:28 AM, LPTiger said:

Herb is a super guy -- alive and well.   He owns a lakeside restaurant at Lake Martin.   He is there every night greeting customers.  The food is really good.

The atmosphere is good, I'm not a fan of fried food but I guess it's a must to soak up the alcohol after a day on the lake. 

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

The atmosphere is good, I'm not a fan of fried food but I guess it's a must to soak up the alcohol after a day on the lake. 

There are only 2 food groups ... Fried and Grilled!

• Like 3