Millions of Americans nearing retirement age with no savings

Auburn85

On 3/10/2023 at 9:30 AM, Son of A Tiger said:

1.2M bill?

What, they gonna send four migrants to college?

:lol: 

18 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Most I have known came to work in construction trades….do things our sorry ass labor force refuses to do any more. 

I agree but would note you say "most" not all by any means, and they all are breaking the law. I hope you would agree the 1000s who continue to pour in is not a good thing.

Border crisis: Over 1,000 migrants rush bridge linking Mexico to US in El Paso, Texas | Fox News

43 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I agree but would note you say "most" not all by any means, and they all are breaking the law. I hope you would agree the 1000s who continue to pour in is not a good thing.

Border crisis: Over 1,000 migrants rush bridge linking Mexico to US in El Paso, Texas | Fox News

I would prefer they come in a lawful and correct way. Can’t really blame them for “running to freedom”. You and I would probably do the same.

Another video shows the moment the migrants pushed onto the bridge and began running for freedom,

59 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I would prefer they come in a lawful and correct way. Can’t really blame them for “running to freedom”. You and I would probably do the same.

Another video shows the moment the migrants pushed onto the bridge and began running for freedom,

Running for those free benefits:cheers:

• Dislike 1

20 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Most I have known came to work in construction trades….do things our sorry ass labor force refuses to do any more.

This is true. I witness some really lazy people where I work who do little to nothing to contribute to a successful business yet they get pay with benefits. Meanwhile elsewhere honest and hardworking individuals who may not be citizens receive ridicule and disdain while they are contributing to productivity and profits. I have never taken issue with productive workforce who is not a citizen but I have zero tolerance for those who expect something for nothing and do as little as possible to receive it. I'd trade those lazy so called US Citizens for the illegal aliens who bust their hump everyday in a heartbeat. In regard to people not having a nest egg to accompany SSI, it's not easy to plan for the future when you're young and ignorant and feeling invincible. Later in life when it hits you that you're 10-20 years from retirement, it's hard to catch up. I started when I was in my 20's and I still feel I don't have a really comfortable amount saved but living within our means has helped make a difference from my younger credit card happy days. I feel compassion for people like the one in the article but at the same time many are responsible for the position they are in because of poor choices. I don't blame anyone but myself for not having more in my IRA and 401k. It's not anyone else's place to help me out either.