Biden Administration to women: "Men are even better at being women than you."

TitanTiger

First Lady Jill Biden and Secretary of State Antony Blinken were slammed Wednesday for presenting a biological male from Argentina with an award for women on International Women's Day.

This year's annual International Women of Courage Awards ceremony at the White House honored "11 extraordinary women from around the world who are working to build a brighter future for all," according to a State Department press release.

Argentinian Alba Rueda was introduced at the ceremony as a "transgender woman who was kicked out of classrooms, barred for sitting for exams, refused job opportunities, subjected to violence, and rejected by her family. But in the face of these challenges, she worked to end violence and discrimination against the LGBTQ plus community in Argentina.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/twitter-laughs-groans-as-jill-biden-gives-biological-male-women-of-courage-award-up-your-game-ladies/ar-AA18ofgx

At a time in history where the bar has never been lower for the Democrats to dominate simply by not being crazy, they just can't do it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

• TitanTiger changed the title to Biden Administration to women: "Men are even better at being women than you."

This is the first time most conservatives or Conservative news outlets have ever covered the International Women of Courage Award, and When they finally do, it's only to attack the one trans woman who receives an award and not to celebrate or even take note of any of the other women being honored. 

I wouldn't say it's the Biden Administration being dismissive of women. 

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

24 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

This is the first time most conservatives or Conservative news outlets have ever covered the International Women of Courage Award, and When they finally do, it's only to attack the one trans woman who receives an award and not to celebrate or even take note of any of the other women being honored. 

they are the party of liars for the most part and yet when you call them out it is fake news................

25 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

This is a dodge from the central problem that a biological male was given a Women of Courage award on International Women's Day.  Maybe you think the real story here is the sudden interest of conservative outlets in International Women's Day and the award (though a quick Google News search got me a dozen or more links to stories just on Fox News about IWD and the award just in the last 5 years of so prior to this year's award).

And "it's an attack" is also a deflection, as the trans woman wasn't really the focus but the fact that our government chooses to gaslight us with the idea that a trans woman is a woman and deserving of a Woman of Courage award above actual women.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

This is a dodge from the central problem that a biological male was given a Women of Courage award on International Women's Day.  Maybe you think the real story here is the sudden interest of conservative outlets in International Women's Day and the award (though a quick Google News search got me a dozen or more links to stories just on Fox News about IWD and the award just in the last 5 years of so prior to this year's award).

And "it's an attack" is also a deflection, as the trans woman wasn't really the focus but the fact that our government chooses to gaslight us with the idea that a trans woman is a woman and deserving of a Woman of Courage award above actual women.

I don't think there is a story here at all either way. 

Nobody is gaslighting anyone. It's no secret that liberals and progressives generally choose to respect transgender people and treat them in respect to their gender identity. This isn't some new bombshell revelation. In my view this story is nothing more than conservative media throwing another punch in the forever waging "Culture Wars"TM  .

Who is actually mad or upset about this trans women getting an award aside from Republicans, Conservative media and Conservative activists? Who else was even honored in this event? You would have no idea by reading FoxNews cause all they care about is Republican Twitter reactions to the transgender woman.

They are saying "Biden is making this womans day award all about a man!" 

No he isn't...Fox News and Republicans are the ones doing that. Jill Biden and the state department held a ceremony honoring 11 different women from various backgrounds, countries and situations, and  its the Republicans and Conservatives who are focusing all their attention and coverage on the one Transgender person. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Nobody is gaslighting anyone. It's no secret that liberals and progressives generally choose to respect transgender people and treat them in respect to their gender identity. This isn't some new bombshell revelation. In my view this story is nothing more than conservative media throwing another punch in the forever waging "Culture Wars"TM  .

Who is actually mad or upset about this trans women getting an award aside from Republicans, Conservative media and Conservative activists? Who else was even honored in this event? You would have no idea by reading FoxNews cause all they care about is Republican Twitter reactions to the transgender woman.

No he isn't...Fox News and Republicans are the ones doing that. Jill Biden and the state department held a ceremony honoring 11 different women from various backgrounds, countries and situations, and  its the Republicans and Conservatives who are focusing all their attention and coverage on the one Transgender person. 

Generally speaking, women (or really, anyone) who believe sex is real and gender feelings don't get to override it for everyone.  That's who's upset.  And don't kid yourself that it's confined to the rubes in Conservistan.  There are a lot of folks across the political spectrum, finding themselves with strange new allies against this goofy narrative being force-fed to everyone.

Look, this isn't hard.  It's remarkably straight forward to people with walking around sense.  

We have things like International Women's Day, the Women of Courage award and such because of the unique challenges and obstacles women have faced historically and continue to face, and because in the past such accomplishments were either blithely overlooked, downplayed, or purposely ignored and buried.  To then turn and give this award intended to correct this wrong and highlight the accomplishments and overcoming of these challenges by women to a man is a slap in the face to women and an insult to everyone's intelligence.

Whatever challenges are faced by trans individuals, they are the challenges of trans people.  Yes, we men (and trans people) can draw some parallels between our challenges and those of women as they often are challenges born of our shared humanity.  But they are not the same and we shouldn't act like they are.  Neither should trans women.  

If you'd like to create an accurately named award and day highlighting such things, be my guest.  At least it would be honest.  But don't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining.  If you don't want to single out trans people but open the award to those who help women regardless of the recipient's sex, change the name of this award to something other than Women of Courage.  Call it "Allies of Courage" or some such.  

But quit feeding us this narrative that the dude in the dress is a woman to people who have the sense to know better.

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

11 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I previously saw this as you did. Then I began to have more conversations with women, all generally progressive, many avowed feminists who provided another perspective once I allowed myself to hear it.

For example, on the issue of Lia Thomas and trans women competing against biological women they all told me they support her right to transition and be treated with dignity & respect and free from discrimination in employment, housing, etc. The one thing that really bothered them was seeing the loss of opportunity they had gained from Title IX. Seeing someone with such obvious genetic advantages depriving a biological woman of an opportunity to be recognized as the best in her field made them angry. And when I initially minimized their concerns, they got angry and told me the folks least open to their concerns were white, privileged so-called progressive males like me. That got my attention and I began listening more empathically to their perspective. And I got it. They helped me see that woman have historically been marginalized and discriminated against due to their biology— not their identity. Trans women face their own challenges and should be listened to, as well, but when otherwise progressive women try to convey that their own needs & opportunities are being unfairly diminished, those of us that typically vote Democratic damn well better listen.

In the case of this particular person, read the accomplishments the WH cites:

She actively campaigned to change the name of the National Women’s Conference to the “Plurinational Conference of Women and Lesbian, Cross-Dresser, Transgender, Bisexual, Intersex and Non-Binary Persons” 

So it’s not about her just seeking acceptance as a woman— it’s about changing an organization founded and dedicated to women to include people who don’t even identify as women? Doesn’t that seem diminishing? That new organizational title reads like an Onion headline. Cross-dressers?

Imagine being a woman who had endured a lifetime of harassment, condescension, discrimination, etc. and finding a home in the National Women’s Conference only to have a person actively working to change the fundamental character of your organization so that it doesn’t  even focus on women anymore— women get equal billing with cross dressers (which by definition don’t even identify as women) and non-binary persons who also don’t identify as women. Then imagine that after this person fundamentally changes your organization instead of starting a new one with that array of purposes and foci, they’re recognized as the most impressive woman in your country and honored as such by the US President. Yes, Fox doesn’t give a damn about international women in general. Of course, they’re just using it. But forget Fox— imagine being women in the scenario outlined above. Do you see why they may feel diminished? Resentful? And if they are, are they just bigots to be ignored and told to get over it?

I know women who were once very accepting of welcoming trans women into women exclusive organizations/spaces who now see a different culture of trans women than before who seek to change and dominate those organizations instead of merely being accepted. And they tell me frankly that’s what they’ve always experienced from men. Based on her list of “accomplishments” for supposedly for women, that’s how this honoree sounds.

Edited by TexasTiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to hear a real woman's perspective on this.

14 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Just stop. There are some on both sides of the aisle that refuse to engage their brains anymore when it comes to the party talking points.

Giving a WOMAN'S award to a MALE is now sacrosanct to one side. Just like anything trump says is to the other, even when we now know that even Fox News knew it was a lie.

Edited by DKW 86

14 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Amazon.com: Gaslighting Is Not Real Shirt Funny Meme Gift Real Shirt Meme  Crazy Gaslighting Funny Throw Pillow, 18x18, Multicolor : Home & Kitchen

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

10 women and an awardee with an aiming device. Just to be clear.

• Dislike 1

This, recognizing transgenderism as for real, is such a slippery slope and there are very smart people skiing down the slope regardless for political purposes. Should they be supported? Yes. Should they be loved? Yes. Should they be respected? Yes. Should they be recognized like this? Don’t think so. 

• Facepalm 1

Question: if trans women are supported, accepted, and loved, then why do we have to keep getting told just how women must be denied what they have worked their lives for so that we can be forced to acknowledge the trans woman over a similar skilled woman must be top priority. 

• Facepalm 1

On 3/9/2023 at 12:02 PM, TitanTiger said:

First Lady Jill Biden and Secretary of State Antony Blinken were slammed Wednesday for presenting a biological male from Argentina with an award for women on International Women's Day.

This year's annual International Women of Courage Awards ceremony at the White House honored "11 extraordinary women from around the world who are working to build a brighter future for all," according to a State Department press release.

Argentinian Alba Rueda was introduced at the ceremony as a "transgender woman who was kicked out of classrooms, barred for sitting for exams, refused job opportunities, subjected to violence, and rejected by her family. But in the face of these challenges, she worked to end violence and discrimination against the LGBTQ plus community in Argentina.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/twitter-laughs-groans-as-jill-biden-gives-biological-male-women-of-courage-award-up-your-game-ladies/ar-AA18ofgx

At a time in history where the bar has never been lower for the Democrats to dominate simply by not being crazy, they just can't do it.

Or, with democrats being so crazy it's never been easier for conservatives to win throughout by just not being a century behind in a lot of political stances or sticking their loyalty to one of the most repulsive republican candidates ever.

On 3/9/2023 at 2:14 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

#1: I'm almost positive your first statement is not true. 

#2: As a trans person I have no issue with keeping trans out of bio-women only event/awards. There is a reason for some people being called Men/Women and others being called transmen and transwomen. It's because there is a difference. With technological advances, maybe not forever... but at least for now.

On 3/9/2023 at 9:52 PM, creed said:

I'd like to hear a real woman's perspective on this.

Imagine being such a soft person that Creeds use of the term 'real woman' hurt your feelings 

:lol: 

And I'm honestly surprised some of you goofballs haven't chastised him already for it.