2024 5*+ WR Cam Coleman FLIPS TO AU FROM A&M!!!

ellitor

40 minutes ago, bigbird said:

TAMU may try to do all it can to keep him for their new coach. 

As of now, I feel good. 

I know they just spent a ton but their boosters are so unfathomably rich that IDK how we could beat any offer they make. And they're fully capable of attracting the type of coach that could make him stay.

We need one more *BIG* fish in recruiting after what happened Saturday. Cam is the type of player that if we get the NMSU loss truly will look more like the UAT-ULM '07 game.

Edited by AUwent

21 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

A little bit of James Brown from back in the day!  Is Golf the one who puts on the cape for you?

Saw James a couple of times in concert..........

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Saw James a couple of times in concert..........

Then he went and laid down his nets... 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

TAMU may try to do all it can to keep him for their new coach. 

As of now, I feel good. 

Apparently TAMU may have their HC named as soon as Dec 4. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Apparently TAMU may have their guy as soon as Dec 4. 

I've heard Fisch's name.  Are you hearing anything? 

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I've heard Fisch's name.  Are you hearing anything? 

I’ve heard Fisch and DeBoer. Some Elko. It’s a short sample size but Fisch’s improvement of Arizona, especially this year is impressive. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Cam was in town again today I think. 

I've heard we won't hear anything official on him till after his high school season is over.. Probably late next week or the week after

Edited by NWALA Tiger

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I've heard we won't hear anything official on him till after his high school season is over.. Probably late next week or the week after

He’s super close to Dameyune and likely waiting to see who TAMU hires and DC’s status. Rumor is that TAMU will name their guy NLT Dec 4. 

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

He’s super close to Dameyune and likely waiting to see who TAMU hires and DC’s status. Rumor is that TAMU will name their guy NLT Dec 4. 

Be interesting to see if the new coach keeps Craig... I'm doubting he will.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Cam was in town again today per JLee.

Another good sign. He was supposed to be back til later in the week.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

I know they just spent a ton but their boosters are so unfathomably rich that IDK how we could beat any offer they make. And they're fully capable of attracting the type of coach that could make him stay.

We need one more *BIG* fish in recruiting after what happened Saturday. Cam is the type of player that if we get the NMSU loss truly will look more like the UAT-ULM '07 game.

Not sure money is going to be the difference maker for CC. Aparently every school is shelling out the big bucks for him.

• Like 1

I was just listening to The Rundown and one of the guys said that Cam stayed for the entirety of the clown show Saturday night. Cam was also the last recruit to leave the facility that night. 

That’s gonna carry some weight in itself. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I was just listening to The Rundown and one of the guys said that Cam stayed for the entirety of the clown show Saturday night. Cam was also the last recruit to leave the facility that night. 

Either that or he is a glutton for punishment 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Either that or he is a glutton for punishment 

Well if he’s a glutton for punishment, Auburn University has enough punishment to keep him happy and full for a lifetime. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, AUwent said:

There it is. A&M can out-bid us no matter the cost. If it comes down to $ they will win. AU needs to hope that more than money is involved.

Also, we already have three fine WR guys committed. I'd like to add Coleman but we are already in good shape at that position, assuming we don't lose any of those we currently have.

Edited by Mikey

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

AU needs to hope that more than money is involved.

Hope's not the word. It's more like they have a good idea more than money is involved.

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

we are already in good shape at that position,

Have you seen our WRs play this year? We need an overhaul class at that position. That's minimum 4, but preferrably 5. Some of the others in the class may start next season but for now Cam would have the best oddds to start from this class. That changes if Ryan Williams reclassifies & flips. Both would have the best odds of starting from this class. We need to do all we can to get both.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Have you seen our WRs play this year? We need an overhaul class at that position. That's minimum 4, but preferrably 5.

Maybe that's what we'd like to have, but the three we have is a whale of a good start. If we keep those three there's no way anyone could call recruiting at the WR position a failure.

• Like 1

I’d rather sign 5 receivers for sure. The 3 we are getting look great on paper, but the odds of all 3 being valuable contributors is low. At least signing 5 gives you better odds of finding a couple of game breakers. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’d rather sign 5 receivers for sure. The 3 we are getting look great on paper, but the odds of all 3 being valuable contributors is low. At least signing 5 gives you better odds of finding a couple of game breakers. 

Would five be better? Certainly. However, we don't need to go into a fit of depression if we can't get five quality WR this cycle. AU has made a great start in this area.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

we don't need to go into a fit of depression

Go into?

We are Auburn fans. That’s our natural state.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don't want to project on a HS kid but blue chip WR might be the biggest divas in the recruiting world. He is probably flattered that Auburn is fawning all over him.

God bless these coaches; I don't care how much money is involved. I could never do that.

• Like 3