2024 5*+ WR Cam Coleman FLIPS TO AU FROM A&M!!!

ellitor

Getting outclassed by a G-5 opponent on your home field can't have helped. Was this game ruinous to recruiting? Maybe, maybe not. Nobody can sell me on the idea that a lackadaisical performance resulting in a lopsided loss to a 25 point underdog is a positive thing in the mind of any recruit.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Getting outclassed by a G-5 opponent on your home field can't have helped. Was this game ruinous to recruiting? Maybe, maybe not. Nobody can sell me on the idea that a lackadaisical performance resulting in a lopsided loss to a 25 point underdog is a positive thing in the mind of any recruit.

Certainly not positive!!! Hopefully not a roadblock though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

Coleman said peace out and is fading away.

I can't let y'all agonize any more. It means Bird was having fun with Went. Per reports we are as still in as good of a spot with him & reporters are still as confident about their AU picks before the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I can't let y'all agonize any more. It means Bird was having fun with Went. Per reports we are as still in as good of a spot with him & reporters are still as confident about their AU picks before the game.

Coleman left at halftime and didn't talk to reporters. FSU seems to be back in the picture heavily according to reports this morning. Rumors of a meeting before the game in the recruits lounge didn't go well

Edited by NWALA Tiger

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

FSU seems to be back in the picture heavily according to reports this morning. 

They've never been out of it. Regardless, iff CC still visits this week & for the IB I still like where we sit.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

They've never been out of it. Regardless, iff CC still visits this week & for the IB I still like where we sit.

Well, my goal is what it has been up to this point: consensus top 15 finish.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Chill...

I was just piling on AUwent.. Sorry, Went, we still good bro?

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Well, my goal is what it has been up to this point: consensus top 15 finish.

At this point that would be disappointing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Wasn't in the Summer either when he committed to A&M. Just sayin.

Boy now would be a real nice time for that kid to pull this fanbase back from the edge. He could single handily affect the perception and perspective of Auburn Football with one announcement. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2023 at 10:30 AM, Mikey said:

I think there are two mindsets of recruits in this situation. 

1. “That’s embarrassing why would play for these guys?”

2. “Yeah I’m gonna take that guy’s spot next year.” 

Edited by woodford
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Boy now would be a real nice time for that kid to pull this fanbase back from the edge. He could single handily affect the perception and perspective of Auburn Football with one announcement. 

I think his camp knows that. They have a lot of NIL leverage at the moment. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, woodford said:

Oh yea they do. And we better pay tf up. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, woodford said:

Even if they didn’t lose that game, I feel like we’re at a point where folks would definitely look around and wonder what happened for us to lose out on the kid. They’ve ran the press on him for too long to lose out at this point imo 

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Even if they didn’t lose that game, I feel like we’re at a point where folks would definitely look around and wonder what happened for us to lose out on the kid. They’ve ran the press on him for too long to lose out at this point imo 

It would be quite deflating for sure.

28 minutes ago, woodford said:

I think there are two mindsets of recruits in this situation. 

1. “That’s embarrassing why would play for these guys?”

2. “Yeah I’m gonna take that guy’s spot next year.” 

It's been said by mods on pay sites that recruits look at  things totally different than the fans do . I've never been a recruit, or  high level one anyway. So 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We already lost out on him. A&M can still outbid us and keep him. If we do manage to pull him fantastic I will cheer with the best of them.

Not flipping him won't  hurt us as yes we keep working him but  there is no guarantee, but without trying you have no chance. Very few flip but we are already ahead of the game as we flipped some players already.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We already lost out on him. A&M can still outbid us and keep him. If we do manage to pull him fantastic I will cheer with the best of them.

Not flipping him won't  hurt us as yes we keep working him but  there is no guarantee, but without trying you have no chance. Very few flip but we are already ahead of the game as we flipped some players already.

Yeah, we lost out to him with an A&M team that had a head coach lol. That was also like 3 months ago. We also didn’t think our current crop of receivers were…what they are. The situation is way different now than it was back then, and there should be a more pained reaction than there was back then 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

As long as the check clears, I feel like we are Gucci. I mean he committed to Jimbo on his last leg. 

TAMU may try to do all it can to keep him for their new coach. 

As of now, I feel good. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

TAMU may try to do all it can to keep him for their new coach. 

As of now, I feel good. 

A little bit of James Brown from back in the day!  Is Golf the one who puts on the cape for you?

• Haha 1