2024 5*+ WR Cam Coleman FLIPS TO AU FROM A&M!!!

ellitor

16 minutes ago, AUwent said:

do feel to get to that top 15 mark, though, we are going to need roughly four of Blocton, Crawford, Shaw, Perry, Riddick and Coleman plus those we already have

Get 4 of those guys and you have a good shot at a top 10 class.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So it’s the 90’s and Aggie is the Yankees. We are the Padres or some sh*t. Point is, we don’t have Jeter, Bernie Williams, and Andy Petittite. Lol

Gotta play moneyball then.  Gotta be smarter and find the talent that you don't have to pay top dollar for. It's not like we aren't competitive; but there's a few schools like the aggies that are going to be ridiculous.  It's a tough, tough job, but we've got the right man for the job now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

@gr82b4au nope! There are conflicting reports on whether AU is going to fight this one or not. So until all sources say AU has moved on the thread stays in this forum.

I would not be a good a good team player on this one.  My gut would be to tell him not to visit again, we're good.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Need to move this one for now.

@Hank2020 as I said a couple pages back, not until we hear that Auburn has moved on.

• Like 1

If y’all don’t think CHF is going to try and flip this guy then go read the Perry Thompson thread! Unless there’s truth in the rumors that he was somewhat processed off their recruiting board for some reason we don’t yet know.

Edited by toddc

22 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That might be one of those baskets you don’t want to put tooooo many eggs into

No--yeah, I agree; you're right. Been burned way too many times by Saban and his staff.

But PT choosing Big Cat Weekend over Bama's competing cookout is a great sign so let me smoke my hopium 🙃

• Like 1

Relationship building is easier now than ever before.  As long as the staff effectively communicates the NIL package to the agents, the relationship gap is bridged very quickly. 

Pad the pockets and show 'em a good time when they're on campus, then let the agents relay the NIL info to momma & daddy.  The agent knows how much $$ secures the services of top talent.  

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

@bigbird and @augolf1716 you may already have, I still have 5 pages to read, but I don’t believe Pat Nix has anything to do with us missing Cam Coleman for the time being.

Call me a cynic, an antagonist or whatever.

IMHO, it's too coincidental that Dameyune Craig/Bobby Petrino/Jimbo Fisher + Pat Nix didn't do some maneuvering behind the scenes with Coleman's recent announcement.  This thing blindsided every AU recruiting guru and insider. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JerryAU said:

This thing blindsided every AU recruiting guru and insider. 

That has happened many times to AU without the head high school coach knowing what's going on. In many of these cases these are family decisions the HS HC may or may not be involved with. It seems ill advised to assume Pat guilty of this until we get souced info saying he was involved in pushing Cam to A&M.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

That has happened many times to AU without the head high school coach knowing what's going on. In many of these cases these are family decisions the HS HC may or may not be involved with. It seems ill advised to assume Pat guilty of this until we get souced info saying he was involved in pushing Cam to A&M.

First of all, I haven't said Pat pushed anyone anywhere and I haven't accused or assumed Pat is guilty of doing such. :dunno:

I am saying with the likes of Jimbo Fisher, Dameyune Craig, Bobby Petrino and with all the old AU connections between those 3 + Pat Nix, I'm not naive enough to think some dealing didn't occur before this was announced.  To think Pat has one of the top players in the state yet he wasn't part of the recruiting process and had no clue about what Coleman's decision seems illogical to me.  

This commitment is a huge need for AU's class, he's top talent in the state and his commitment would kick off the momentum boost this staff needs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

First of all, I haven't said Pat pushed anyone anywhere and I haven't accused or assumed Pat is guilty of doing such. :dunno:

Gotcha. My aplogies for the misread.

33 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

To think Pat has one of the top players in the state yet he wasn't part of the recruiting process and had no clue about what Coleman's decision seems illogical to me.  

It has happened before FWIW.

Hoover coaches had no clue what George Pickens was doing.
CPC coaches had no clue what Markell Benton was doing.
And pretty sure AHS coaches had no cue on Rasaan Evans.

That's just a few off the top of my head.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, phillyeagle said:

Is Cam still expected to visit for Big Cat?

@phillyeagle Haven't seen an update on that since he committed to A&M.

A couple days late with this but FWIW JLee says AU did not & will not back off Cam.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

A couple days late with this but FWIW JLee says AU did not & will not back off Cam.

As they shouldn’t. Marcus Davis put in too much work to just give up 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Call me a cynic, an antagonist or whatever.

IMHO, it's too coincidental that Dameyune Craig/Bobby Petrino/Jimbo Fisher + Pat Nix didn't do some maneuvering behind the scenes with Coleman's recent announcement.  This thing blindsided every AU recruiting guru and insider. 

Well of course Craig/Petrino/Fisher did every bit of maneuvering they possibly could do. They wanted the recruit. Nothing wrong with that. If the coach at his HS was not Nix, his name probably would have never came up. Most of the board sided with AU HC at the time, and we probably should have been on the other side of that argument.

On 7/5/2023 at 9:01 PM, ellitor said:

Extremely difficult to land them in the 1st full cycle especially given some of our assistants didn’t have a preexisting relationship with a good number of the top tier guys.

Chizik's first full cycle begs to differ.

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Chizik's first full cycle begs to differ.

That was the exception. Not the norm. What helped is most of the assistants were already coaching at the P5 level before they came to AU & already had relationships with some of the big time kids we landed.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That was the exception. Not the norm. What helped is most of the assistants were already coaching at the P5 level before they came to AU & already had relationships with some of the big time kids we landed.

I think most of the posters here think that we need some more exceptions. We are sick of what has become the Auburn norm. You think we'll be winning 10+ games a year if we stick with the norm?

The ground rules have changed, but this Coleman kid was the first big test. Are we really turning a corner or is this more of the same ol' same ol'. Getting Coleman would have signaled that things have changed. Losing him is an equal indication that not much has changed at all. (Harsin's total failure excepted)

Talk of flipping him is pie in the sky. Do some players flip? Yes. Do the vast majority of players stick with their first commitment? Yes they do, and you know that full well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This news is obviously disappointing.  But it’s a long way until December.    If we keep that line open and then our money guys come through and match Jimbo, and we put a better product on the field with our new passing offense, then who knows, maybe we can still land him.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

This news is obviously disappointing.  But it’s a long way until December.    If we keep that line open and then our money guys come through and match Jimbo, and we put a better product on the field with our new passing offense, then who knows, maybe we can still land him.  🤷‍♂️

Their money guys have a lot more than our money guys have, and there are many more of them. If it comes down to simply money, we are out of it unless Jimbo changes his mind and doesn't want Coleman.

But: Long live the unregulated NIL! It's great for the kids, right?

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Imagine if all of money we have blown on coaching buyouts was in our NIL right now. We would be a lot more competitive in the NIL space for situations like Colemans. 

Edited by Gowebb11

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Imagine if all of money we have blown on coaching buyouts was in our NIL right now. We would be a lot more competitive in the NIL space for situations like Colemans. 

I would like to think then that as time goes on we will be more and more competitive. Next year is the final year of Gus's buyout. I think 2026 is the final year of Potato Man's?

Edited by AUwent