StatTiger Nick Marshall highlights

aubiefifty

since nicks name has a come up a few times lets remember just how good he was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

I don’t know how Stat could limit to just 15+ minutes.  His composer and situational awareness when things were their most chaotic was one of a kind.  He could will us a victory on occasion.  A great QB for Auburn. WDE

• Like 2

I wish he had been a more consistent passer but he was phenomenal.  Perfect personality and demeanor for a QB.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Robbie Ashford will be as equally good as Nick or better. Keep doubting the young man. 

Could not disagree anymore with this statement but I hope you’re right. NM was a leader and had an incredible demeanor on the field like Bird said. Robbie has neither. But again, hope he can learn those in the next 6 months. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Robbie Ashford will be as equally good as Nick or better. Keep doubting the young man. 

lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don’t know how Stat could limit to just 15+ minutes.  His composer and situational awareness when things were their most chaotic was one of a kind.  He could will us a victory on occasion.  A great QB for Auburn. WDE

hey bro they got his highlights of the one season and a couple more if you want me to look.

44 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I wish he had been a more consistent passer but he was phenomenal.  Perfect personality and demeanor for a QB.  

i think he was one of the most exciting qb's i have ever seen. electric is the word i am looking for. you knew he was a threat for great things every single time he touched the ball. we should consider doing a section on auburn highlights. they are always super popular and it would be nice to have our own library if we have the bandwidth......

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Would kill for Ashford to improve enough to match Nick's inconsistency.  60% passer would be nice. 

Nick had an elite deep ball (great WR to throw too as well).

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

hey bro they got his highlights of the one season and a couple more if you want me to look.

Naw, that was good and enjoyable. Thanks.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Nick had an elite deep ball (great WR to throw too as well).

But his accuracy wasn't. That's what was frustrating, pinpoint once and no where close the next. Still, one of my favorites.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

That's a wild thing to say

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

for the record i hope he does well.

Man I miss this guy. Who knows how successful Malzahn would have been had he consistently recruited QBs like Marshall to run his offenses. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shadow Tiger said:

Man I miss this guy. Who knows how successful Malzahn would have been had he consistently recruited QBs like Marshall to run his offenses. 

well the secondary guy from fsu did not work out very well. i forgot his name............

17 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

well the secondary guy from fsu did not work out very well. i forgot his name............

James Franklin III. When you run that style of offense you have to be able to find your guys. Coaches like Switzer, Osborne, and Rich Rod stuck to their guns, and consistently found their guys year after year.

• Like 1

I was watching the offensive line.

On 3/8/2023 at 2:17 PM, cole256 said:

That's a wild thing to say

How is what I said wild? Robbie can make throws that Nick couldn't. Yes, he still needs coaching but that throw against Bama tells me he can do great things at Auburn. 

18 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

How is what I said wild? Robbie can make throws that Nick couldn't. Yes, he still needs coaching but that throw against Bama tells me he can do great things at Auburn. 

There's a reason there are only 9 throws in this clip......

just messing with you! lol

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

There's not one throw on that video that's a throw that Marshall can't make. It's wild to say because it seems some don't remember how GREAT Nick was. And apparently don't remember his arm talent. Nick may have the strongest arm of all QB's to ever play here. 

But imo to say a QB that many aren't even sure can be a QB will be as great or better than one of the best QB's that has ever played here is wild. 

That's like me saying Dylan Cardwell will be as good or better than Charles Barkley. Doesn't make sense really

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

There's a reason there are only 9 throws in this clip......

just messing with you! lol

There's a bit of truth to every joke lol

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Maybe. Jeremy Johnson made some good throws, too, but seemed to lack some intangibles that Nick had. We’ll see.

44 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Maybe. Jeremy Johnson made some good throws, too, but seemed to lack some intangibles that Nick had. We’ll see.

I provided receipts, where are yours?

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

There's not one throw on that video that's a throw that Marshall can't make. It's wild to say because it seems some don't remember how GREAT Nick was. And apparently don't remember his arm talent. Nick may have the strongest arm of all QB's to ever play here. 

But imo to say a QB that many aren't even sure can be a QB will be as great or better than one of the best QB's that has ever played here is wild. 

That's like me saying Dylan Cardwell will be as good or better than Charles Barkley. Doesn't make sense really

Nick never made throws like the one's Robbie made against UGA, LSU and Bama. Those three are elite throws that not every QB can make. Again, Robbie is not a finished product but the potential is there. 

14 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Nick never made throws like the one's Robbie made against UGA, LSU and Bama. Those three are elite throws that not every QB can make. Again, Robbie is not a finished product but the potential is there. 

Nick made harder throws against better teams. But ok 😂