down the Jan 6 memory hole with ****er Carlson

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

you were acting confused about who all died and how and now you know.............

I wasn’t acting like I didn’t know.  I was responding to people talking about Tucker putting out a narrative that’s not true.   I was responding with people putting out a narrative that’s not true.   Police officers that died on Jan 6.  Which the answer is zero 

• Like 4

It’s so obvious that both parties are telling lies and misleading to fit a narrative that is beneficial to their party. This forum is a perfect example of our country today. It’s so sad. If everyone can’t see that it’s ALL OF US vs THEM. We are on the same team and they are the opposition. They pull strings and we react just like they expect us to. We point fingers at each other instead of them. If you are tied to a single political party, you are being played. Turn your TV off and put your phone down. Chances are most of our lives are pretty damn good. I hope we can all work together to make it better but I don’t have high hopes 

Edited by wcware
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

20 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I wasn’t acting like I didn’t know.  I was responding to people talking about Tucker putting out a narrative that’s not true.   I was responding with people putting out a narrative that’s not true.   Police officers that died on Jan 6.  Which the answer is zero 

I think the more relevant question is how many police officers died as a result of Jan.6?  

And let's not forget the two heart attacks suffered by Trump supporters.

How Many Died as a Result of Capitol Riot? - FactCheck.org

While we're at it, how many police officers were injured on Jan. 6?

Dozens more US Capitol Police officers were injured on January 6 than previously known, report says | CNN Politics

Officers’ Injuries, Including Concussions, Show Scope of Violence at Capitol Riot - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Spin this all you want by minimizing or denying the deaths and injuries that occurred as a result Jan. 6, but any reasonable person recognizes it for what it was - a violent attempt to prevent a government process (aka sedition). 

• Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, wcware said:

It’s so obvious that both parties are telling lies and misleading to fit a narrative that is beneficial to their party. This forum is a perfect example of our country today. It’s so sad. If everyone can’t see that it’s ALL OF US vs THEM. We are on the same team and they are the opposition. They pull strings and we react just like they expect us to. We point fingers at each other instead of them. If you are tied to a single political party, you are being played. Turn your TV off and put your phone down. Chances are most of our lives are pretty damn good. I hope we can all work together to make it better but I don’t have high hopes 

Are we still talking about Jan.6?

If so, you got the bolded part right.  Trump and his allies hoodwinked MAGA Republicans into believing the election was stolen, which led to a violent effort to invade the capital and halt the certification process.

Not sure how Democrats share responsibility for that.  :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

If so, you got the bolded part right.  Trump and his allies hoodwinked MAGA Republicans into believing the election was stolen, which led to a violent effort to invade the capital and halt the certification process.

I wasn’t referring to 1/6 to be honest when I wrote this. I had been reading another thread and ended up in here, but I don’t think anybody is giving us the truth about 1/6. 

• Like 1

I can’t stand how nobody accepts responsibility. Republicans blame Dems and Dems blame Republicans. Great leaders take responsibility and make changes to fix the problem. They are both soft and useless. Our country is being run by a bunch of geriatrics whose sole purpose is to line their own pockets with insider trading. Everyone is corrupt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, homersapien said:

He's not confused.  He's in denial.

Look.  No one denied anything.  It’s typical that you keep saying the same old stuff that CNN, MSNBC and most other networks put out.   I have repeatedly stated that the people that caused injury and broke into the capitol should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.   Period.   
Not one police died on Jan 6 as President Biden and networks have reported.   What’s hard for you to admit that?   Are you in denial?   
Your Trump derangement syndrome has clouded your judgment of just basic facts.    Was it sedition in 2020 when they tried to storm the White House?   If not, why?   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, homersapien said:

Do you think that all the crap that happened during 2020 and Democrats saying it was mostly peaceful and helping to raise and pay bail money was a contributing factor to how people reacted on Jan 6?   
if you don’t, you don’t have a grasp on reality.    I’m not saying what happened on Jan 6 was just or right…. I’m only saying human nature had a lot to play to in what happened.   People were frustrated with the outcome of the election and what had transpired during all the riots.   It’s not hard to see the frustration if you just step back and look.   

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Look.  No one denied anything.  It’s typical that you keep saying the same old stuff that CNN, MSNBC and most other networks put out.   I have repeatedly stated that the people that caused injury and broke into the capitol should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.   Period.   
Not one police died on Jan 6 as President Biden and networks have reported.   What’s hard for you to admit that?   Are you in denial?   
Your Trump derangement syndrome has clouded your judgment of just basic facts.    Was it sedition in 2020 when they tried to storm the White House?   If not, why?   

cops died because of jan 6. many were ashamed. but cops died in fact so you can make a big deal on the day they died but many were beaten senseless and committed suicide. the fact you are  more worried about biden getting the date wrong cheapens the death of those officers that died and or were hurt. good grief.maybe this is a cheap shot but i am so tired of hearing ANY kind of bull about jan 6. and your side was more interested in taking up for the perps and the dead girl who was told to stop several times than the people who died that did not have a choice. she made her choice. the cops had a job to do.

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

cops died because of jan 6. many were ashamed. but cops died in fact so you can make a big deal on the day they died but many were beaten senseless and committed suicide. the fact you are  more worried about biden getting the date wrong cheapens the death of those officers that died and or were hurt. good grief.maybe this is a cheap shot but i am so tired of hearing ANY kind of bull about jan 6. and your side was more interested in taking up for the perps and the dead girl who was told to stop several times than the people who died that did not have a choice. she made her choice. the cops had a job to do.

I don’t know what you keep saying my side.   I don’t have a side.  I’m pointing out the hypocrisy of both sides.   Who died that did not have a choice?  One Capital Police officer died of a heart attack days later.  The others choose to take their own lives.   You trying to spin it some way defies the fact that they suffered from some type of depression.   And the one girl that was shot, could they have taken her into custody without shooting her?   Possibly they could have but I’m not judging the actions that were taken.   I’ve said it time and time again that the ones that injured or destroyed property should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.  

Question for you, I’ve never heard you say one thing about the group that tried to enter the White House and injured over 50 USSS uniformed officers.   Was that an insurrection?   Or an attempt to kill or injure the president of the United States?   

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Mikey can’t handle the truth!

Not sure you or lots of others can either these days. As they say, truth is in the mind of the beholder.

Edited by Son of A Tiger

14 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Not sure you could find it with Google maps.

So great Swami, where does one find the truth. It is the mind of the beholder. These days truth is often no more than opinion. Facts are used to supposedly confirm the truth but then too often the "facts" are questionable. So how do you know what's true? For most of us truth is what we believe.

Edited by Son of A Tiger

22 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

So great Swami, where does one find the truth. It is the mind of the beholder. These days truth is often no more than opinion. Facts are used to supposedly confirm the truth but then too often the "facts" are questionable. So how do you know what's true? For most of us truth is what we believe.

It’s certainly what passes for truth for you.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Hardly 

So how do you determine the truth as distinguished from what you believe? I guess what I'm after is how do you make a sarcastic remark about someone else not being able to handle the truth unless you know the truth yourself?

Edited by Son of A Tiger

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Mikey can’t handle the truth!

I can recognize lies when I see them. Lies such as Bungling Biden claiming five police officers were killed on January 6th. Or Biden saying the southern border is secure. Or Biden saying inflation is temporary. Or Biden saying..... LMAO! The list could be endless and that's just Biden.

• Like 1

https://www.uscp.gov/media-center/press-releases/medical-examiner-finds-uscp-officer-brian-sicknick-died-natural-causes

Sicknick's death was not from any injuries. The truth is he died of natural causes. 

This is from the Capital Police Website. It is shameful that we have people that cannot even come close to telling the truth on this forum.

Sicknick did not die of any "so-called injuries." That is total bull**** and has been discussed here dozens of times. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2023 at 1:36 PM, aubiefifty said:

Benjamin Philips

Benjamin Philips, 50, the founder of a pro-Trump website called Trumparoo, was chipper as he drove a van of fellow Trump supporters from their home state of Pennsylvania to Washington. He told The Philadelphia Inquirer that it felt like “the first day of the rest of our lives.”

Mr. Philips died of a stroke in Washington, those who accompanied him to the Capitol told the newspaper. The exact circumstances of his death were still unclear, and his family could not be reached for comment.

A friend of Mr. Philips told the news channel WNEP that Mr. Philips had sold stuffed kangaroos dressed like Mr. Trump at the president’s rallies. His website — now down — billed itself as a “social network where American Patriots can mobilize against the corrupt communist marxist scummy democrats.”

merlin_182096796_4e5b814a-1198-4e2a-ac94-dcbffc01bc54-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Credit...Keith Haupt/Bloomsburg Press Enterprise, via Associated Press
merlin_182096796_4e5b814a-1198-4e2a-ac94

Kitty Bennett contributed research.

The All Access sale: Limited time offer.

I'm not happy he died, but the thought of a middle aged man traveling around to Trump rallies selling kangaroo plushies dressed as Trump to own the 'Marxist Democrats'  is hilarious to me. 

On 3/12/2023 at 8:52 PM, wcware said:

I wasn’t referring to 1/6 to be honest when I wrote this. I had been reading another thread and ended up in here, but I don’t think anybody is giving us the truth about 1/6. 

so how does one get the "Truth" about anything? 

If Dems and Republicans lie equally as much, and all media is tied to either Repubs or Dems and lie to us, and our entire political system is controlled by either Dems or Republicans, do we just accept that we will never know the "truth" about anything that ever happens or is there some place we can find the real truth at? 

11 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

So how do you determine the truth as distinguished from what you believe? I guess what I'm after is how do you make a sarcastic remark about someone else not being able to handle the truth unless you know the truth yourself?

You don’t typically find it by taking one of two established “sides”. You damn sure don’t find relying on a cable news channel. They all suck, but Fox is cynically, intentionally lying to appease a base they cultivated over the years by marinating them in anger and BS.

On 3/12/2023 at 9:52 PM, wcware said:

You don't believe what you watched?

You don't believe what you heard in the House Jan. 6 hearings?

What sort of "truth" do you think is being hidden and by whom?