Geriner Could Start at QB

AU-24

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

If I can find the podcast, I was looking at today, I will copy and post it. Two guys were saying, they were at practice Monday and Auburn’s three quarterbacks were so bad, none of the three had a 70% completion percentage against air.

If you happen to know what podcast it was, will you please post? They went on to say if the spring game really meant anything, Jeremy Johnson would be a Heisman Trophy winner and Cam would not even be a starter. So who knows really?

They also mentioned McCall could graduate this summer. Obviously, the keyword there: “Could”

i am not sure how i missed this before but that is one scary statement. and i believe you. lets just hope it has only been two weeks one which was off time so i am hoping they are are still trying to find their feet so to speak with the new offense. i will say in one of the clips i saw the qb coach was getting on holden with the mechanics of his left leg i think. so the coaches appear to be doing their jobs and maybe it works out for us.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

giphy.gifgiphy-downsized-large.gifgiphy.gif

that can make a person pretty dang nervous. maybe we can set up a CHAT INTERVENTION ROOM. we should have trained pro's talking us down off the ledge. well other than bird since he can fly............

I’m just here for the panic and meltdown…I thought it would have taken until after the Spring game but its cooking already and only after maybe 4 spring practices which nobody here even had the opportunity to see. 

Edited by PoetTiger

9 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I’m just here for the panic and meltdown…I thought it would have taken until after the Spring game but its cooking already and only after maybe 4 spring practices which nobody here even had the opportunity to see. 

Nobody has came close to panic or meltdown mode. Maybe if we do not get a transfer in

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AU-24 said:

If I can find the podcast, I was looking at today, I will copy and post it. Two guys were saying, they were at practice Monday and Auburn’s three quarterbacks were so bad, none of the three had a 70% completion percentage against air.

If you happen to know what podcast it was, will you please post? They went on to say if the spring game really meant anything, Jeremy Johnson would be a Heisman Trophy winner and Cam would not even be a starter. So who knows really?

They also mentioned McCall could graduate this summer. Obviously, the keyword there: “Could”

You're probably referring to the Locked On Auburn podcast with Zac Blackerby. Listening to him and his guest hosts have me ready to jump off a cliff already!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

You're probably referring to the Locked On Auburn podcast with Zac Blackerby. Listening to him and his guest hosts have me ready to jump off a cliff already!

Sounds like that could be them. The fact that they were witnessing this at practice, sure made me nervous.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 8:29 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

U think Danny Hugh is gonna take 2 QB transfers this summer?

On 3/15/2023 at 8:35 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

I can see a scenario where Finley and Gernier both leave

I think there is a very real possibility that both of these statements are true.   TJ just wants to graduate and find a place where he can play his final year.  Maybe G5.   And HG isn’t interested in being buried on the depth chart his whole career, so I could easily see him jumping to and FCS or maybe G5 school.  

This opens up room for us to get a legit P5 starter guy, and either a high risk/high reward guy as a backup plan, or maybe an adequate depth piece for insurance type of guy.   

22 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I think there is a very real possibility that both of these statements are true.   TJ just wants to graduate and find a place where he can play his final year.  Maybe G5.   And HG isn’t interested in being buried on the depth chart his whole career, so I could easily see him jumping to and FCS or maybe G5 school.  

This opens up room for us to get a legit P5 starter guy, and either a high risk/high reward guy as a backup plan, or maybe an adequate depth piece for insurance type of guy.   

What makes you think that Geriner isn't a legitimate P5 starter? The guy is just now entering his 2nd year of college football. Very few big-school guys are ready to start in just their second year. Yes, there are a few exceptions but most need more time than Geriner has been given.

Bennet at UGA and Burrow at LSU come immediately to mind as QB's who needed much more time than Geriner has been afforded so far.

Ashford now, he's entering his 4th year as a college QB. It's about time for him to step up or step out to WR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2023 at 4:25 PM, DAG said:

Nobody has came close to panic or meltdown mode. Maybe if we do not get a transfer in

i want a gunslinger QB but i bet if worse case we get no one i still think freeze gets us bowling anyone. do you agree or is that a stretch?

18 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i want a gunslinger QB but i bet if worse case we get no one i still think freeze gets us bowling anyone. do you agree or is that a stretch?

We definitely should be able to win 6 games regardless if we get a transfer or not . I agree with you 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

We definitely should be able to win 6 games regardless if we get a transfer or not . I agree with you 

i was thinking 7 with the freeze factor. but i heard we got some coaches that can coach now and actually teach like the NFL does.