Geriner Could Start at QB

AU-24

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Jay G was pretty adamant yesterday in the post Tennessee brain drain that he believes McCall will be Auburn's QB next season.  Apparently a lot of the grade stuff goes away if he graduates this semester and comes over as a graduate transfer.

Would be nice, could be why we never went after others publicly  

Idk, if he knew he could graduate one would think he'd do what Leota did. Also, if it was a known thing he could graduate in May I feel like there would be more talk of it.

Again, hope he's right 

Two or three of us (at least) threw that out there when Portal closed. As I recall insiders quickly blew that off or else did not comment.  I've always thought there was a chance. GMc in the summer or a lesser QB in the spring. Which is the better option? One thing to watch is CC spring practice. Does McCall get most of the reps or does he split with their backup guy? Or does he have a mysterious injury to not participate in drills and concentrate on academics. I'm not into conspiracies but food for thought. WDE!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, autan said:

Two or three of us (at least) threw that out there when Portal closed. As I recall insiders quickly blew that off or else did not comment.  I've always thought there was a chance. GMc in the summer or a lesser QB in the spring. Which is the better option? One thing to watch is CC spring practice. Does McCall get most of the reps or does he split with their backup guy? Or does he have a mysterious injury to not participate in drills and concentrate on academics. I'm not into conspiracies but food for thought. WDE!!

If he was just going to concentrate on academics he wouldn’t have returned to the football team and their new coach. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, DAG said:

If he was just going to concentrate on academics he wouldn’t have returned to the football team and their new coach. 

Right, and yes random ppl have talked about him graduating...me included. I mean if it was a serious lock more mods and "insiders" would be discussing it at a minimum. And he would just be taking classes 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Holden is the most prototypical pro style QB on Auburn's roster.  TJ is probably 2nd and Robby 3rd.  Harsin didn't do Holden any favors putting him out there last year behind that Oline.  Jay G was pretty adamant yesterday in the post Tennessee brain drain that he believes McCall will be Auburn's QB next season.  Apparently a lot of the grade stuff goes away if he graduates this semester and comes over as a graduate transfer.  I'm confident Freeze can make any of Auburn's QBs at least decent if the Oline is able to provide any sort of protection.  It sounds like night and day already based on what everyone is reporting.  

Great news if true, you would think Jay G would know, or he wouldn’t have commented. I mean, does anyone know for sure that McCall can graduate this semester? 

Folks I talk to in the AD, have no clue on this one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, autan said:

I remember you guys bringing it up, and I thought a couple people said he was at least two or three semesters from graduating. I guess what I’m asking is: does anyone know if he can he graduate this semester?

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Signs are pointing toward Mcall coming to AU this summer (May)

Always thought this was an option and figured it would be as Hugh was not jumping the gun to bring a transfer in.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 12:21 PM, aubiefifty said:

speaking of gus i read where he is turning over play calling abilities again. i guess folks are grumbling at ucf now.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Signs are pointing toward Mcall coming to AU this summer (May)

That'd be huge, but from what I have been told people are planning differently and not because we don't want him.

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That'd be huge, but from what I have been told people are planning differently and not because we don't want him.

Yep. I just try and put 2 and 2 together.. But sometimes,  I get 5 when I do that.😃

• Haha 1

Most of the comments on here about a mobile QB,  ASSUME  the QB can also throw, if he cant, they stack the box with eight and lose the game.  

Of the QBs in the pros, some can run but ALL can throw the ball, hence the reason there are holes to run.

Holden will win the job in the spring, he just fits what the offense needs, but I dont think the comfort level will be there.  Thus I hope McCall comes.  Regarding him still playing ball in the spring.....isnt he on a football scholly, he cant just quit and continue to go to school I dont think.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/5/2023 at 12:21 PM, aubiefifty said:

speaking of gus i read where he is turning over play calling abilities again. i guess folks are grumbling at ucf now.

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Haha 2

Gus should pay some here rent. He sure continues to occupy a lot of space in their poor, pitiful heads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

speaking of gus i read where he is turning over play calling abilities again

image.gif.a4387de48ad02759555b4c83922d9e0e.gif

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Gus should pay some here rent. He sure continues to occupy a lot of space in their poor, pitiful heads.

The percentage of our brain that we don't use is widely debated but I'm fine with Gus living in an unused portion of mine if he will pay me rent. When can I sign the lease? 

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

why Michael! I am just reporting the news sugar. i still have fond memories of gus for the records and he has some wins i will always treasure!

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

wow you called that one. since you are a mod? bird i was a victim of a hit and run and i want.............NAY!...i DEMAND justice but i prefer revenge hit me up in private and i will show you were he touched me............................grins.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

hit me up in private and i will show you were he touched me............................grins.

uncomfortable-girl.gif

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

peter-griffin-ah.gif

Tell us again how 20 players quitting the Auburn team was Harsin " getting rid of the trash". That's my favorite laugh of all you Harsin fanboyz nonsense.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Tell us again how 20 players quitting the Auburn team was Harsin " getting rid of the trash". That's my favorite laugh of all you Harsin fanboyz nonsense.

If you are going to wreck the ship, at least go down with the guys that want to be on the ship. As it turned out, the foundation that was left will be the beginning of something special. I wish the ones who left much success and happiness. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Wow, a few things...

1. Your deflection into Harsin is transparent and pathetic. In no way is it relevant to anything anyone has said, nor does it remove any humor about your daddy.  You are a cliche that acts as expected. War Damn Gus! Amirite?

2. How much is Harsin paying in rent in your head? (Yeah, sounds dumb...we know)

3. To answer you question with a question, how many of those 20 transfers made a significant impact to their transfer school?

(It's not a number that looks good for your deflection)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1