3/3/23 articles

aubiefifty

25 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Who was faster? Everything I saw said he was the fastest.

I just checked again and he was the fastest.

Shaquem Griggin - 4.38

53 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I didn't say fastest all time, bro. Just saying he was the fastest of all the LBs this year.

"O. Pappoe post the fastest time by any LB at combine with a 4.39 forty."

Ah "any LB at the current combine" not "any LB at {non descriptive} combine"

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

"O. Pappoe post the fastest time by any LB at combine with a 4.39 forty."

Ah "any LB at the current combine" not "any LB at {non descriptive} combine"

" O.Pappoe post fastest 40 time in combine history from any LB"

"O. Pappoe fastest 40 by any LB in the history of the combine"

"Owen Pappoe...fastest LB of every LB ever born in the history of the world"

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

" O.Pappoe post fastest 40 time in combine history from any LB"

"O. Pappoe fastest 40 by any LB in the history of the combine"

"Owen Pappoe...fastest LB of every LB ever born in the history of the world"

giphy.gif

Thank you for pointing out your lack of communication ability with a fun joke!

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Thank you for pointing out your lack of communication ability with a fun joke!

Lack of communication skills?   Wow.....No need to throw jabs my guy. You seem to be the only one having trouble with comprehending that. 

Now go take a lap and settle down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Official time: 4.39

Pappoe crushed the 40-yard dash, posting an official time of 4.39 seconds. This was the fastest time by a linebacker at the combine and the third fastest by a linebacker since 2000. He trails Shaquem Griggin (4.38 in 2018) and Isaiah Simmons (4.39 in 2020).

Pappoe’s 10-yard spilt of 1.52 seconds was also the best out of any of the linebackers.

Broad Jump

21218705298bf0cacaff9282867a487c

(Photo by Stacy Revere/Getty Images)

Official distance: 10’6″

Pappoe’s jump of 10’6″ was the fourth-best by any linebacker and was just three inches short of Louisville’s Yasir Abdullah’s jump of 10’9″, which led all linebackers.

Vertical Jump

2a5818c9d6db07b042d6090cfd9d6dab

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

Official distance: 35.5″

The Lawrenceville, Georgia, native was once again one of the top-performing linebackers, his jump of 35.5″ was the fifth highest by any linebacker.

Vanderbilt’s Anfernee Orji’s jump of 38.5″ was the best of the group.

Social Media Reaction

How did that much talent not have a better career than he did?   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

Speed doesn't always equal talent.  It'll be interesting to see how he does in the NFL.  Kirby wanted him as a S.  IDK if he has the hips for it, but he'd have the size/speed for an elite S vs being a small fast LB

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

Honestly, if he didn't have the 5 star billing....would we be as disappointed in his career?  He had a successful career, just never lived up the all the 5 star billing and hype. 4 year starter though.

Athleticism was never the problem with OP. I think a big issue with his career here was playing out of position the last couple years. He should have been an OLB. I think OP would be well suited in a system that with minimal reads. He seems slow to react if he has to diagnose and make reads IMO. If he can play without having to think too much I think he would be more successful. OF course, there is no scheme that would fully allow a LB to play that way...at least not to my knowledge.

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Speed doesn't always equal talent.  It'll be interesting to see how he does in the NFL.  Kirby wanted him as a S.  IDK if he has the hips for it, but he'd have the size/speed for an elite S vs being a small fast LB

I think a S/OLB hybrid type of role would be perfect for him. Probably be a situational player, but I could see a good fit for him like that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Kendall Simmons to be Auburn’s assistant offensive line coach

JD McCarthy
Thu, Mar 2, 2023, 4:16 PM CST1 min read

af5d4b30e1a7fd8e37ca0e4e2936451f

With Joe Bernardi leaving the Plains to become Troy’s offensive line coach the Tigers will be leaning on former player Kendall Simmons, who has been promoted to assistant offensive line coach, according to a report from FootballScoop.

Simmons has been an offensive analyst for the Tigers since 2019. When Cadillac Williams was promoted to interim head coach last season he served as Auburn’s offensive line coach before Hugh Freeze hired Jake Thornton as the new offensive line coach.

Simmons is one of the greatest offensive linemen in Auburn’s history. He was named to the First-Team All-SEC in 2000 and 2001 and was a Third-Team All-American in 2000. He was then drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers with the 30th overall pick in the 2022 NFL draft.

He was named the team’s Rookie of the Year and won Super Bowls XL and XLIII with the Steelers.

AUsome!

• Love 1

• WarTiger changed the title to 3/3/23 articles
On 3/4/2023 at 4:34 AM, alabastertiger said:

Battled some injuries 

On 3/4/2023 at 12:04 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'AL NOBULL FASTEST AND STRONGEST AUBURN'S OWEN PAPPOE TOPPED ALL LINEBACKERS IN THE 40-YARD DASH AND BENCH PRESS COMPETITION AT THE NFL COMBINE'

Better change it to strongest linebacker “this“ combine, or some people might get upset. 😂

• Haha 2

On 3/3/2023 at 9:04 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'AL NOBULL FASTEST AND STRONGEST AUBURN'S OWEN PAPPOE TOPPED ALL LINEBACKERS IN THE 40-YARD DASH AND BENCH PRESS COMPETITION AT THE NFL COMBINE'

Owen didn't take the elevators. 🤣

• Like 1