Men vs Alabama Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Free throws and stupid drives to the basket by our guards. Yes, they got fouled 90% of the time. It doesn't matter if they are not calling it, you simply can't keep doing it. BUT....

It ain't O&B glasses to notice that when the game was called BOTH ways, AU could play. When they changed it on one end, and one end only, is when we were screwed. 

With all that said, one more pass, 4 made FTs, or a few more rebounds and we win anyway.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Like clockwork 😭

Wow, Bruce was HOT in the post-game radio interview. I've never heard him complain about the refs before, but he called them out 2 or 3 times just then. Since it's not my money, I love to see him come out and protect his players like that.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I hope we get to contribute to a go fund me where we pay off fines Bruce gets for ripping into the refs in public.  This crap has to stop!

• Like 1

We haven't been blessed with great officiating even at home. Haven't got many breaks at all. I don't mind if it catches up during the year, but I haven't felt it this year for sure. 

We suck shooting free throws. Other teams don't. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Did Wendall get a foul shot tonight? KD didn’t get half the calls he normally would. 

I know he did the first half. Not sure about the second as I was in and out.

We are using up all our bad karma this year and cashing in next year. At least I hope that’s what is happening. Never seen a team so snake bitten and unlucky at the end of games. In college basketball going up 4 with 2 minutes left should have been the dagger if we would have got 1 more stop. This isn’t the nba where there is great shot makers at every position. Offense is hard a lot of times especially in late game situations. Even for the really good teams. We didn’t get the clutch stop. Or the clutch bucket. We are 0 for the season in the clutch of close games vs good teams.  I’m cool with getting all of this out of system now as long as we get rewarded with good karma next season in close games. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

We are using up all our bad karma this year and cashing in next year. Never seen a team so snake bitten and unlucky at the end of games. I’n college basketball going up 4 with 2 minutes left should have been the dagger if we would have got 1 more stop. This isn’t the nba where there is great shot lakers at every position. Offense is hard. We didn’t get the clutch stop. Or the clutch bucket. We are 0 for the season in the clutch of close games vs good teams.  I’m cool with getting all of this out of system now as long as we get rewarded with good karma next season in close games. 

Unlucky lol

• Thanks 1

Went in expecting a game like Kentucky. This is worse. Omgsh this is so so so worse. One of the worst regular season losses of my lifetime. I haven’t got up off the floor. I’m just laying here chilling in the fetal position sad AF.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keesler said:

This is a team that has a hard time closing games.  On to better days ahead and lights out recruiting.

The small guards thing was cute for awhile.   But it’s become a liability on both side of the court. I’m hoping this “phase” has come to an end.  

• Like 1

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

The small guards thing was cute for awhile.   But it’s become a liability on both side of the court. I’m hoping this “phase” has come to an end.  

All small guards are not created equal. Harper had length for days. Both him and McCormick were elite level athletes.

• Like 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

All small guards are not created equal. Harper had length for days. Both him and McCormick were elite level athletes.

I agree. Throw in trae young too for that matter. Yes there are exceptions. But they’re very rare exceptions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JuscAUse! said:

Where can one see BPs post game interview?

It was on radio.  Not sure he did that for TV. He was SOOOO pissed!!! He yelled he was so tired of our guys “getting SNATCHED (SMASHED?) down there!!!!” Also said something about how how 3 or 4 of the leading scorers got fouled out and then he got really emotional talking about Dylan going down.  At the end of the short interview he threw something.  You could hear the noise.  Classless bammers were behind him booing.  I. HATE. THEM and all they stand for.  Thugs. 

Edited by 3rdgeneration
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

E2E9D4F5-B967-4944-822F-2B4D1A72FE35.gif

• Love 1

1 minute ago, The Defiant said:

Dude, the refs were absolutely 💯 awful. I tuned in the second half and it was dang obvious. 

Brutal loss. Letting a 17 point lead evaporate is unacceptable at any level of play. I’ve run out of positive things to say about this team at this point. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

They have Bruce!!! They really have!!! I know a lot of the fanbase is sick of this team but I see a squad who is absolutely giving it their all and their very best effort every game. They are laying it all out there on the floor despite almost every sec game being at an overall talent disadvantage and never having the best player on the floor. that’s all you can ask for really out of this specific team. I hate they haven’t gotten some lucky breaks in these close games vs marquee teams. They def deserve to be rewarded. They could have easily folded up after the kentucky game tonight. Heck most of us were expecting a repeat of the Kentucky but they didn’t quit. It’s been a really hard season with HOW we have lost games. It’s taking its toll on the fanbase. The close losses piling up will do that to any fanbase. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 6

Vandy makes absolutely no sense. Loses to the worst team in the sec on the road… beats the hottest team in the sec on the road. Wtf!? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by GwillMac6