Men vs Alabama Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Look I'm as mad as you about this but he isn't wrong. This team has collapsed when it matters all year

This game wasn’t just a team collapse. If you can’t see that, you can join her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reffing was horrendous, turnovers were horrendous, leaving 9 pts at the line was horrendous. Makes me sick bc AU should've won this game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CCTAU said:

This game wasn’t just a team collapse. If you can’t see that, you can join her.

Take your O&B glasses off and take a damn breath. Refs were awful but they didn't blow an 17 point lead on their own.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They could ____ someone and not get a foul.  UAT could do that. 

They did. Miller still playing and they laugh about it.  They rub it in the faces of the dead. They pat Miller down entering the game with smoke. They start a new nickname on the PA called Shooter. They play an inappropriate song for Miller. All after he delivered a loaded gun to a murderer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Going one on one w small guards at the end is/has been bad decisions by staff.  Our last possession in regulation…call TO and set up OOB play, which we do REALLY well.    Frustrating beyond belief.   Let’s go NIT 🙄

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

Guys played as hard as they could. 

Bruce better find him some big basketball players

We need big time guards too. Hoping a guy like Aden has that dawg in him. The consistent dawg. Harper had it. Wendell shows very rare flashes of it but is no where near consistent. This team with a really good guard is probably at least a 3-4 seed in the tourney, at least

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I can’t wait until the Crimson Turd is sent home packing from March Madness 

• Haha 1

Just now, autigeremt said:

I can’t wait until the Crimson Turd is sent home packing from March Madness 

That makes 129 million of us.

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Guys played as hard as they could. 

Bruce better find him some big basketball players

Preferably lengthy and can actually shoot the ball. 

• Like 1

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Take your O&B glasses off and take a damn breath. Refs were awful but they didn't blow an 17 point lead on their own.

That’s how I see it. If the refs were the sole issue how did Auburn get a 17 point lead. Like I said earlier. Two buckets and it ball game. Crappy officiating and all.

• Like 2

When you are on the road and momentum sides with the home team bad officiating is a major factor. Simply is. 

Guys it's simple

We don't have the depth or talent to close games out. In other words we don't have run stoppers when another team makes a run. Bruce should have went to zone earlier to stop the downhill driving

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

When you are on the road and momentum sides with the home team bad officiating is a major factor. Simply is. 

Personally I felt s*** was gonna hit the fan when they called offsetting techs when Wendell didn't do jack squat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Truth.  However, we just haven't had it happen that way for us at home much this year

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Personally I felt s*** was gonna hit the fan when they called offsetting techs when Wendell didn't do jack squat

That too...

1 hour ago, fishepa said:

I fully expect Auburn to rip my heart out and lose this game. 

Like clockwork. 

• Thanks 1

They should beat Tennessee. I am hoping they stay focused and don’t let this loss become two losses. Beat Tennessee. Have a respectable showing in the SEC tournament and get to the big dance

Edited by e808
Typo

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

This is when it happened. You told Alabama they could literally start a fight and nothing would happen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm still trying to figure out how Broome fouled out...truly perplexing.  We win if he makes it thru the 2nd half.  No overtime would have been needed.

• Like 2