Spring Practice Officially Kicks Off Today -- Anyone have any wild predictions?

W.E.D

4 minutes ago, woodford said:

We go undefeated at home

I meant about spring practice itself....but this is wildly crazy

1 minute ago, ScotsAU said:

Ashford balls put in Freeze’s system, and proves the naysayers wrong.

Figured we'd get a split group of Ashford is going to improve vs Holden going to step up and take the reigns.  I believe the later has been gaining steam on the recruiting forum

• Like 1

My prediction is that Freeze will say that we had an awesome first day of practice.   Lots of energy.   We still have a long way to go ... typical coach speak.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Alston is MVP of spring game

I could see that.  He'll probably get most of the touches as the 3rd team RB or back-up after Hunter, how ever you want to split it.  Might be tough depending if it is 1s vs 2s, he could be running behind a horrible OL into the 1s

To answer my own topic.....I'm not sure where I'd go with a wild prediction.  I've got a billion "hopes" that might happen.

--Keionte Scott will be at the top of some DB depth chart.
--Puckett will get moved down to LB/Hybrid (If we have one)

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Figured we'd get a split group of Ashford is going to improve vs Holden going to step up and take the reigns.  I believe the later has been gaining steam on the recruiting forum

i have often wondered if auburn kinda compares robby with bo and in saying that gets less love since so many were down on bo?

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have often wondered if auburn kinda compares robby with bo and in saying that gets less love since so many were down on bo?

Might be recency bias, but last year Ashford was a 3rd year player and was much worse than Bo in his 3rd year.  Probably even his TrFr year.

Ashford is probably the better runner, but we need a QB who is a QB.

Edited by W.E.D

I know it sounds crazy but we need to tackle the QBs. Playing touch doesn’t help figuring out the pecking order because when they really start chasing you and hitting you it all changes. It also doesn’t help our pass rushers finish a sack.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Might be recency bias, but last year Ashford was a 3rd year player and was much worse than Bo in his 3rd year.  Probably even his TrFr year.

Ashford is probably the better runner, but we need a QB who is a QB.

For me I had a little more hope for big play potential with Ashford vs Nix. Even though Nix had given us a couple of games with some examples of that I just felt that with Ashford something big could break at any point. The down side was that it was still the same OL so...

6 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

I know it sounds crazy but we need to tackle the QBs. Playing touch doesn’t help figuring out the pecking order because when they really start chasing you and hitting you it all changes. It also doesn’t help our pass rushers finish a sack.

I know they won't but I agree. It's not like we have Bryce Young back there that you want to protect. We need someone to step up. 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

last year Ashford was a 3rd year player and was much worse than Bo in his 3rd year

one of these had years of starting game experience, another was thrown into a hot, flaming mess, definitely not apples to apples comparison 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

one of these had years of starting game experience, another was thrown into a hot, flaming mess, definitely not apples to apples comparison 

1st year Bo Nix was better than 3rd year Ashford. If that doesn't give an Auburn fan cause to stop and think I don't know what would.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Probably even his TrFr year.

As you see above, my entire post even mentioned no experience 

10 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Alston is MVP of spring game

Kiss of death 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, DAG said:

Holden ends spring ball as #1 (wishful thinking). 

I came in here to say the same thing.  That being said I don't think the #1 in spring will be the starter in the opener.  I think Robby will take at least a year to get his passing where it needs to be.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The defense improves before the offense

What do we have first...a competent pass rush or QB?

47 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I came in here to say the same thing.  That being said I don't think the #1 in spring will be the starter in the opener.  I think Robby will take at least a year to get his passing where it needs to be.  

If Holden is the starter then I see RA transferring . If there is no clear cut and we have a viable transfer then I could see RA staying. I am of the opinion that if Holden does end Spring as the starter , the coaches will commit to that , they will bring in a depth person. 

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

If Holden is the starter then I see RA transferring . If there is no clear cut and we have a viable transfer then I could see RA staying. I am of the opinion that if Holden does end Spring as the starter , the coaches will commit to that , they will bring in a depth person. 

RA has to graduate before he can transfer again. Probably would have to wait until after thr fall at a minimum. 

I agree if Holden wins the spot (an no starter talent available) we take a 5th/6th year guy who is insurance 

• Like 1