Your choice for the 3 permanent opponents?

gr82b4au

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

I know. Just passing along JHead's hearing Bama- LSU likely not permanents & LSU likely getting OU instead. I have a lot of respect for both of you & your sources.

So put them together and you got Bama with AU, UT, and Miss State or Vandy. Easy as always for them. 

Edited by Auburn93

6 hours ago, DAG said:

The forced Florida-OU thing is pretty stupid. Oh well, you will not be able to make everyone happy. 

Considering they are the furthest apart from each other lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

So put them together and you got Bama with AU, UT, and Miss State or Vandy. Easy as always for them. 

Vols are not a cake walk with JH and Neither will we be with Hugh. Also they will be guranteed to play 4 of the Big 9 every year, bur more than likely 5. There may be varying levels of toughness going forward but easy will not exist anymore for SEC schedules.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Part of why LSU & OU makes so much more sense as a new rivalry. I can see that 1 getting heated.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Since two "smaller 7" teams have to play two "Big 9" teams as permas and therefore will have 5.5 "Big 9" games a year on average, I think Kentucky should get two B9s instead of USCe since Louisville is probably going to remain below Clemson for the foreseeable future and they make a more natural rival for Vandy--also, they have no other P5 OOC games planned (I looked at the "smaller 7" OOC games for the next decade and tried to decide who has the easiest slate, and settled on Kentucky).

Also, Tennessee should not be getting two "smaller 7" teams.

My new proposal:

Alabama—Auburn, Mississippi State, Tennessee

Arkansas—Missouri, South Carolina, Texas

Auburn—Alabama, Georgia, Vanderbilt

Florida—Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee

Georgia—Auburn, Florida, South Carolina

Kentucky—Florida, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt

Louisiana State--Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas A&M

Mississippi—Arkansas, Louisiana State, Mississippi State

Mississippi State--Alabama, Mississippi, Missouri

Missouri--Arkansas, Mississippi State, Oklahoma

Oklahoma--Louisiana State, Missouri, Texas

South Carolina--Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi

Tennessee--Alabama, Florida, Vanderbilt

Texas--Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M

Texas A&M--Kentucky, Louisiana State, Texas

Vanderbilt--Auburn, Kentucky, Tennessee

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Since two "smaller 7" teams have to play two "Big 9" teams as permas and therefore will have 5.5 "Big 9" games a year on average, I think Kentucky should get two B9s instead of USCe since Louisville is probably going to remain below Clemson for the foreseeable future and they make a more natural rival for Vandy--also, they have no other P5 OOC games planned (I looked at the "smaller 7" OOC games for the next decade and tried to decide who has the easiest slate, and settled on Kentucky).

My new proposal:

This is the best one I've seen yet.  No one has 3 of the top 9.  All of the top 9 have 2 top 9.  Traditional rivalries preserved.  

Edited by VicTree
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, AUwent said:

@AUwent Historically speaking Arky is the best of the lower 7 so they should be the 1st choice to get 2 Big 9s and because they have some natural rivalries with A&M, Texas, & LSU. 2nd best is Mizzou but they only have a natural rivalry with OU. 3rd is Ole Miss who should get LSU & could get Bama or Vols (which would be interesting now with Lane and Tennessee).

LSU/Arkansas is a big rivalry

LSU: TAMU, UA, Arky 

UA: AU, LSU, UTk 

AU: UA, UGA, MSU/Vandy

(most likely MSU to preserve UK/Vandy)

• Like 1

Is there a date or time period when the SEC office will end all the guesswork fun and announce the official setup?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Is there a date or time period when the SEC office will end all the guesswork fun and announce the official setup?

@Mikey I have 2 guesses.

1. The SEC Meetings in Destin this Spring.

2. Huge Scheduling Reveal show on the SEC Network later in the Summer.

Sankey has a presser today at the SEC Bball tourney today so that could be a possibility also.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2023 at 6:41 PM, AUBwins said:

For some reason, the SEC has always tried to create cross division rivalries between schools with the farthest distance from each other.

They made Ark/SC permanent rivals when they joined.  When aTm joined, they got SC as a permanent rival, now UF/OU.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 7:37 AM, bigbird said:

Yep.  Battle of the Boot trophy

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 7:37 AM, bigbird said:

Honestly MSU is the one that is a thorn in the side in our good seasons.  I prefer not them lol

• Like 2

On 3/10/2023 at 6:58 AM, ellitor said:

@AUwent Historically speaking Arky is the best of the lower 7 so they should be the 1st choice to get 2 Big 9s and because they have some natural rivalries with A&M, Texas, & LSU. 2nd best is Mizzou but they only have a natural rivalry with OU. 3rd is Ole Miss who should get LSU & could get Bama or Vols (which would be interesting now with Lane and Tennessee).

Yeah it def makes logical sense but Arky has long been getting screwed schedule wise.

Edited by AUwent

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

Yeah it def makes logical sense but Arky has long been getting screwed schedule wise.

Not sure how. Their permanent was Mizzou.

41 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure how. Their permanent was Mizzou.

It just seems like it's always been us, Tennessee and them ranked at the top for toughest schedules. That's partially of their own making with OOC games, of course. The extra games in 2020 really stick to mind, though (when they got Georgia and Florida added).

Edited by AUwent

On 3/9/2023 at 7:36 PM, AUwent said:

My new proposal:

Mississippi can't have Arkansas. You have Missouri, South Carolina and Texas as Arkansas' 3 already. Gotta rework. Like your thinking though. I just hate having Vandy as a perm. Would rather have Ole Miss. That's just me though.

1 hour ago, 21flames said:

Mississippi can't have Arkansas. You have Missouri, South Carolina and Texas as Arkansas' 3 already. Gotta rework. Like your thinking though. I just hate having Vandy as a perm. Would rather have Ole Miss. That's just me though.

Should be South Carolina instead of Arkansas for Mississippi, then I think it works.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 21flames said:

Ah, my mistake!