Super Bowl

SaltyTiger

Great game and always lots to discuss other than the game. Agree with Trump that the halftime show was awful. Saw the “He gets us” commercials, interesting and different. Missed the black national anthem and did not realize there was one.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-bashes-rihanna-super-bowl-041032089.html

Trump wasn’t a fan.

“EPIC FAIL: Rihanna gave, without question, the single worst Halftime Show in Super Bowl history — This after insulting far more than half of our Nation, which is already in serious DECLINE, with her foul and insulting language,” Trump wrote on Truth Social Sunday night.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/gets-us-super-bowl-ads-002911728.html

A controversial company paid $20 million to air two commercials promoting Jesus.

https://news.yahoo.com/rep-lauren-boebert-raged-against-122535340.html

America only has ONE NATIONAL ANTHEM," she wrote. "Why is the NFL trying to divide us by playing multiple!? Do football, not wokeness."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Great game and always lots to discuss other than the game.  Missed the black national anthem and did not realize there was one.

America only has ONE NATIONAL ANTHEM," she wrote. "Why is the NFL trying to divide us by playing multiple!? Do football, not wokeness."

I didn't know we had a black national anthem either. That seems to violate so many things I can't even begin to list. Do we have a Native American national anthem or a Hispanic one? At a time we are so concerned with offending other people and races this is hypocritical to the extreme. The bright spot of the whole circus for me was seeing tears come down the face of Philadelphia's coach when THE National Anthem was being sung.

Edited by Son of A Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Great game and always lots to discuss other than the game. Agree with Trump that the halftime show was awful. Saw the “He gets us” commercials, interesting and different. Missed the black national anthem and did not realize there was one.

Trump wasn’t a fan.

“EPIC FAIL: Rihanna gave, without question, the single worst Halftime Show in Super Bowl history — This after insulting far more than half of our Nation, which is already in serious DECLINE, with her foul and insulting language,” Trump wrote on Truth Social Sunday night.

A controversial company paid $20 million to air two commercials promoting Jesus.

On 2/12/2023 at 7:09 AM, PUB78 said:

There are those who are snowflakes or consider themselves to be social justice warriors "American Patriots". They are always looking for some slight or perceived insult so they can run to their ally, the MSM Social Media, and make a mountain out of a molehill.

Everyone should watch “Blazing Saddle “ with a glass of wine and loosen up.

FIFY

The commercials for the most part were pretty underwhelming...

I time my turning on of the TV for the Super Bowl as close to actual kickoff as I can, but I'm one of those semi-old folks who would just as soon see kickoff go back to about 2-3 in the afternoon.

Halftime show, eh, I'm pretty much indifferent to Rihanna, but those floating things that looked like pieces of a Donkey Kong level were different...kept waiting for someone to jump levels.

Travis Kelce will make for a good WWE heel when he retires from football...Gronk was goofy, Kelce has half-a-screw loose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

The commercials for the most part were pretty underwhelming...

I time my turning on of the TV for the Super Bowl as close to actual kickoff as I can, but I'm one of those semi-old folks who would just as soon see kickoff go back to about 2-3 in the afternoon.

Halftime show, eh, I'm pretty much indifferent to Rihanna, but those floating things that looked like pieces of a Donkey Kong level were different...kept waiting for someone to jump levels.

Travis Kelce will make for a good WWE heel when he retires from football...Gronk was goofy, Kelce has half-a-screw loose.

Totally with you on the afternoon kickoff. Be nice for the school kids to stay up a watch. Really hate late night with baseball playoffs and World Series.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Geez, I was going to comment on the game, but since it immediately devolved into a discussion about uppity black folks, I guess I'll pass.

No one other than you turned it into “uppity blacks”.

Welcome to talk football. Times I wish Tre had slid at one yard line vs FSU in 2013. Of course we were down by three rather than tied. 1985 vs Bammer another night we scored to quick.

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Like 3

Game was pretty good. Totally different 2nd half than I expected after the Eagles dominated the first. Can't really pull against either of those QB's. Both have had stellar years and are class acts off the field. 

Halftime show was meh. It's all about theatrics now. Lip syncing and visuals over individual performance. No doubt Rihanna is very talented, but some of the gestures were a bit over the top.  Pulling off the floating platforms was pretty cool. Glad to see she was tethered up there. I wonder how long it took for her to get over the initial fear. 

Prince may have inadvertently ruined all subsequent halftime shows after his performance in the driving rain.  Everyone else is vying for distant second.

Chris Stapleton was money with the anthem. He never disappoints. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I didn't know we had a black national anthem either. That seems to violate so many things I can't even begin to list. Do we have a Native American national anthem or a Hispanic one? At a time we are so concerned with offending other people and races this is hypocritical to the extreme. The bright spot of the whole circus for me was seeing tears come down the face of Philadelphia's coach when THE National Anthem was being sung.

I never was a big NFL fan but pretty well stopped watching any games when the SF QB started taking a knee. The NFL has embraced a social justice agenda .

I did watch a lot of this Super Bowl since we were at a birthday party and because of the Christian testimony of the two quarterbacks.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Uh, The first response was a disparaging comment on a "black national anthem" in the halftime show, after you brought it up in the OP.

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Uh, The first response was a disparaging comment on a "black national anthem" in the halftime show, after you brought it up in the OP.

The black national anthem was not “in”the halftime show Brother Homer. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 10:43 AM, SaltyTiger said:

Trump wasn’t a fan.

America only has ONE NATIONAL ANTHEM," she wrote. "Why is the NFL trying to divide us by playing multiple!? Do football, not wokeness.

I agree that there is only 1 National Anthem.  That is as far as I can go agreeing with Lauren Boebert.  She is a certified nut case.

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I agree that there is only 1 National Anthem.  That is as far as I can go agreeing with Lauren Boebert.  She is a certified nut case.

Do you agree with Kari Lake?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/photo-goes-viral-kari-lake-refusing-stand-during-black-national-anthem-super-bowl

• Haha 1

On 2/13/2023 at 7:14 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Welcome to talk football. Times I wish Tre had slid at one yard line vs FSU in 2013. Of course we were down by three rather than tied. 1985 vs Bammer another night we scored to quick.

you know i am an "uppity" aubie right?  come give us a hug salty. i need one.

• Haha 3

On 2/13/2023 at 10:09 AM, Son of A Tiger said:

I agree. If they are going to have a separate Black National Anthem, the NFL might as well play Dixie when games are below the Mason-Dixon Line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

God yeah...its divide every friggin where possible anymore...be pissed at this group hate this group..young people hating old people; old people hating young people...all colors hating other colors...men vrs women, rich vrs poor...all hate, yet all deny it....its like how China and Russia became communist....you would think they some how invested in our nation, the same sorta division they used to sucker their own people or something.....but they wouldn't do that would they???....

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

So I would guess the answer for #4 is " Poems written by Black people" 

Post image

8E0C8372-4936-4EB8-BAC6-9A5651CA5873.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How is a song that represents hope for a historically oppressed community divisive? How many were upset or even knew what the song was until your politicians told you to be upset? It's only divisive if you choose to make it divisive. How is this any different than singing Amazing Grace instead? 

4 minutes ago, arein0 said:

How is a song that represents hope for a historically oppressed community divisive? How many were upset or even knew what the song was until your politicians told you to be upset? It's only divisive if you choose to make it divisive. How is this any different than singing Amazing Grace instead? 

The song and words are not offensive, but putting it on an equal plane with the  only National Anthem is.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

The song and words are not offensive, but putting it on an equal plane with the  only National Anthem is.

I can see that. Would you have been this upset if Amazing Grace had been performed instead? I'm curious because I didn't think of it, just like I wouldn't have thought anything of it had they played God Bless America or Amazing Grace instead.

• Facepalm 1

51 minutes ago, arein0 said:

I can see that. Would you have been this upset if Amazing Grace had been performed instead? I'm curious because I didn't think of it, just like I wouldn't have thought anything of it had they played God Bless America or Amazing Grace instead.

No, that wouldn’t offend me at all. Both songs are for everyone.