Men vs Alabama Game Thread

Maverick.AU

3 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

They have slid the whole, one of our teammates was an accomplice in a murder and our coach seeks advice from Ray Lewis, right under the rug. 

What

2 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Only way it can change significantly (for next year) is if CBP can find some legitimate shooters in the portal next time it is open.

I agree. This past recruiting class was his poorest IMO.. We need at least 2 players that can consistently shoot the 3

We also need at least 1 big man the calibur of Broome. Treore is not that big man unless he magically learns how to play basketball in the next 9 months.

Hit the portal hard Bruce..

• Like 1

Just now, jluvah said:

And with Pearl as coach, this shouldn’t happen!!!! All on him this year!!

I completely agree.  We need size and shooting ability in a really bad way. It's ok to have a smaller PG, but you need real size and or length at the other 4 positions to be effective in today's game.  So many kids grew up as ball handlers who grew way out of their positions. It's pretty awesome to see a 6'9 kid dribble the floor from  coast to coast for a dunk or a 3. 

I know it's bammer but if any of you coach or have kids with dreams tell them about Mark. At one time he dreamed to play for us, he was told he wasn't good enough and he just kept working and a few years later he's a major factor in a big game. 

I tell kids here in Texas about him. Never give up and never lose your faith in God. Super proud

• Like 1
  • Love 1

You definitely need a more consistent form of offense from the 5 next year, when playing the good Ds. Broome just isn’t skilled enough at those back to the basket plays and definitely isn’t athletic enough to impose his will. Cardwell exists but I mean cmon 

We slowed Miller down though....this guy is probably going to be number 3 in the draft.....we have to give kudos on that. A BUNCH of energy was spent on that.

• Like 2

The crappy part in all of this not having Westry. His play could have possibly change the entire trajectory of the team. It’s something that we will never know 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What

Bama's basketball darling status this year has some nastiness mixed in with it. Having Nate Oates contact Ray Lewis for advice on how to handle his players' situation is just disgusting in my opinion.  I have always felt like Nate was slimy, this just solidified my thoughts.  I was just ranting a bit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I know it's bammer but if any of you coach or have kids with dreams tell them about Mark. At one time he dreamed to play for us, he was told he wasn't good enough and he just kept working and a few years later he's a major factor in a big game. 

I tell kids here in Texas about him. Never give up and never lose your faith in God. Super proud

I told my wife that he wanted to come to Auburn and I thought we probably missed out on a great player.  Glad to hear good kids succeeding. I hope he is successful in life.

Did we recruit Miller? Does anybody know? It just seems like we would be in play for him. 

He's the type of guy Pearl actually likes to focus his offense around. I just imagine with his skill set in Bruce's offense he'd do a lot of damage

3 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

Bama's basketball darling status this year has some nastiness mixed in with it. Having Nate Oates contact Ray Lewis for advice on how to handle his players' situation is just disgusting in my opinion.  I have always felt like Nate was slimy, this just solidified my thoughts.  I was just ranting a bit.

He is slimy and pompous ahole who wears 70s suits. Remember when he was yelling at LSU to get the f out of there after the SEC tournament game win. And standing there with his hand out at the end of the Houston game. He's a prick

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

Ahhh ok. I still don't think I may understand but I see better now what you are saying. Thx for clarifying for me.

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Did we recruit Miller? Does anybody know? It just seems like we would be in play for him. 

He's the type of guy Pearl actually likes to focus his offense around. I just imagine with his skill set in Bruce's offense he'd do a lot of damage

There was something on YouTube in which he talked about CBP but to me it seemed his mind was made up of going to Bama. 

Edited by e808
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Really?  The way guys shoot under Pearl make me wonder...

• Like 1

Just now, 1716AU said:

Really?  The way guys shoot under Pearl make me wonder...

Oh yeah. Look at a guy like Tyler Smith when Bruce was at Tennessee. The stuff he did with Smith last year....Miller seems to have a better handle than jabari had though. I imagine Bruce has a thousand ways to create mismatches and isolations for a guy with Miller's skill set

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He's a Turd legacy Bro... His Dad played football at Turdville

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

There was something on YouTube in which he talked about CBP but to me it seemed his mind was made up of going to Bama

Really? I thought it because I know Bruce has to still have a bunch of pull in the state of Tennessee and with Miller being from there on top of how Bruce loves big guys that can handle and shoot and he can get guys to the league that had to be a big draw. I actually bet he probably looked at the guards that would be with him and made a decision off that

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We did and he even visited here. His dad  played football at Bama so it was an uphill battle

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

He's a Turd legacy Bro... His Dad played football at Turdville

Ohhhh. I didn't know that. I just knew he was from Tennessee

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ahhh ok. I still don't think I may understand but I see better now what you are saying. Thx for clarifying for me.

One of the players gave a gun to his friend who then killed a young mother right off of the strip.

11 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

He is slimy and pompous ahole who wears 70s suits. Remember when he was yelling at LSU to get the f out of there after the SEC tournament game win. And standing there with his hand out at the end of the Houston game. He's a prick

He’s a greasy, slimy, yankee jackass, and he’s a damn good basketball coach.  

20 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I agree. This past recruiting class was his poorest IMO.. We need at least 2 players that can consistently shoot the 3

We also need at least 1 big man the calibur of Broome. Treore is not that big man unless he magically learns how to play basketball in the next 9 months.

Hit the portal hard Bruce..

Agree also. This team is not nearly as talented as they were made out to be. If we don’t get some true shooters, who can hit water falling out of a boat, nothing will change. Funny how AU BB comes back stronger than ever over the last few years, but damn, Bama does too. We will be on the NCAA bubble by seasons end. BP and staff have their work cut out for them to remain in the race of the SEC in the next few years. It was a valiant effort, but this isn’t horseshoes so almost or valiant means nothing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is what this team is, an average basketball team. We knew after last year we had nobody that can shoot the basketball. Bruce didn't go after any transfers bc of his loyalty to Wendell and KD. If that doesn't change after this season, expect more of the same next year. Several of this teams players need to be "processed" and get some transfer shooters.

• Facepalm 1