What does the Bible say about homosexuality? For starters, Jesus wasn't a homophobe

aubiefifty

16 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Billy Graham was also asked once what his response would be if a child of his told him that they were Gay.  His answer:  "I would wrap my arms around them and ask them what they wanted for supper."

Link?

4 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Link?

This is an exerpt from an interview of Billy Graham by Huge Downs on 20/20.  It isn't the exact quote that I have read before, but it is pretty close.

Hugh: If one of your children had been gay, would you have ceased to love that child?
Billy: No. I would not. I would love him even more maybe!

https://raggedtiger.tripod.com/bgtranscript.html

Other related....

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/billy_graham_626396

https://www.embracingthejourney.org/blog/changing-roles

Franklin Graham has destroyed the good will that his father tried so hard to maintain across the political spectrum.

It is also true that, in his last crusade, which took place in New York, Billy Graham commented that Hillary could run the country.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

The majority of people who call themselves "christians" are not followers of Jesus.  They have dismissed Jesus for faith in "christianity" and, the bible.

One can only assume that you are judging 78 with this post. Why don’t you take the lemon out of your mouth and say what you mean. Very disappointed in you ICHY.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

This is an exerpt from an interview of Billy Graham by Huge Downs on 20/20.  It isn't the exact quote that I have read before, but it is pretty close.

Hugh: If one of your children had been gay, would you have ceased to love that child?
Billy: No. I would not. I would love him even more maybe!

https://raggedtiger.tripod.com/bgtranscript.html

Other related....

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/billy_graham_626396

https://www.embracingthejourney.org/blog/changing-roles

Franklin Graham has destroyed the good will that his father tried so hard to maintain across the political spectrum.

It is also true that, in his last crusade, which took place in New York, Billy Graham commented that Hillary could run the country.

So no link. Got it.

Hillary could run the country, just very poorly.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

So no link. Got it.

He misspelled ruin. He left out the I

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I sure disagree with that. I think he and Samaritan's Purse are doing great thing where needed and are usually the first to be onsite where people need help. Just for example they were the first ones on the scene in Turkey in their recent terrible earthquake. They are by far my favorite charity.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I sure disagree with that. I think he and Samaritan's Purse are doing great thing where needed and are usually the first to be onsite where people need help. Just for example they were the first ones on the scene in Turkey in their recent terrible earthquake. They are by far my favorite charity.

Charity, when based on Christian ministry,  should be charity and not consistently used for political statements. 

Franklin also uses Samaritan's purse to rake in a personal salary from the "charity" of close to a million dollars a year.

https://julieroys.com/samaritans-purse-amasses-over-a-billion-dollars-in-assets-raising-red-flags/

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

So no link. Got it.

More like I am not spending an hour to find an exact quote that I have seen printed more than once.  If you can't read the first quote and gleam the same thing, that is on you, not me.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I once listen to Franklin spend a half hour on the radio literally condemning all Jews to hell as part of his "sermon". It was literally disgraceful.

Kudos for what Samaritan's Purse is doing for unfortunate Muslims (who are undoubtedly also going to hell in Franklin's mind.)

Edited by homersapien
  • Dislike 1

41 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

More like I am not spending an hour to find an exact quote that I have seen printed more than once.  If you can't read the first quote and gleam the same thing, that is on you, not me.

Paraphrases not allowed!!!   No soup for you!!    :angryfire:

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

I once listen to Franklin spend a half hour on the radio literally condemning all Jews to hell as part of his "sermon". It was literally disgraceful.

Kudos for what Samaritan's Purse is doing for unfortunate Muslims (who are undoubtedly also going to hell in Franklin's mind.)

I seriously doubt he condemned anyone to hell.  Only God can do that. Graham might have said that anyone who hadn't accepted Jusus as their Savior was likely condemned. That includes you and me. I don't begin to judge anyone when it comes to eternity. God will do that at Judgement Day. I think Graham and Samaritan's Purse help any people in need as best they can without prejudice.

Samaritan’s Purse International Disaster Relief — International Relief (samaritanspurse.org)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I seriously doubt he condemned anyone to hell.  Only God can do that. Graham might have said that anyone who hadn't accepted Jusus as their Savior was likely condemned. That includes you and me. I don't begin to judge anyone when it comes to eternity. God will do that at Judgement Day. I think Graham and Samaritan's Purse help any people in need as best they can without prejudice.

Samaritan’s Purse International Disaster Relief — International Relief (samaritanspurse.org)

Samaritan's Purse does some good work.  That makes Franklin's massive salary an even bigger problem.  Nonetheless, they received an A- from Charity Watch.  That is a good score.  The Clinton Foundation received an A, yet many of you refuse to consider the good that foundation has done, or the fact that the Clintons don't take a salary from the foundation.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Samaritan's Purse does some good work.  That makes Franklin's massive salary an even bigger problem. Nonetheless, they received an A- from Charity Watch.  That is a good score.  The Clinton Foundation received an A, yet many of you refuse to consider the good that foundation has done, or the fact that the Clintons don't take a salary from the foundation.

Not sure why Franklin's salary is such an issue. The head of Goodwill makes just as much if not more. And heck college football HCs make a lot more and do a lot less in helping people in real need.

• Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Not sure why Franklin's salary is such an issue. The head of Goodwill makes just as much if not more. And heck college football HCs make a lot more and do a lot less in helping people in real need.

if you run a charity and need a million dollars or more to do so i call bull. and that is ANY charity that takes in public funds. but they all are greedy now. the red cross is bad. they help soldiers with plane tickets to bury a loved one and then send a bill before the gi gets back home. i had a retired army fellow that just passed about three years ago. he hated the red cross. he said they were crooked. he said the salvation army was the only decent charity he knew of.

11 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Now this is hilarious

• Like 2

Can someone tell me who, other than Samaritan's Purse sent substantial help quickly to Beauregard,AL, Selma, AL, and other places hit by tornados; to NY City during the Covid crisis; to Turkey and Syria following their recent earthquakes; and provides health care and training to people in Africa; etc.?

37 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Can someone tell me who, other than Samaritan's Purse sent substantial help quickly to Beauregard,AL, Selma, AL, and other places hit by tornados; to NY City during the Covid crisis; to Turkey and Syria following their recent earthquakes; and provides health care and training to people in Africa; etc.?

Doctors Without Borders. And if you look at the financial accountability on both websites, Samaritan's Purse spends ~7.5% on management / admin where Doctors Without Borders only spends ~1% in the same category. 

https://www.samaritanspurse.org/our-ministry/financial-accountability/

https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/who-we-are/finances-reporting-accountability

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Doctors Without Borders. And if you look at the financial accountability on both websites, Samaritan's Purse spends ~7.5% on management / admin where Doctors Without Borders only spends ~1% in the same category. 

By today's standard of what constitutes "charity", those are both extraordinary percentages.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arein0 said:

https://www.samaritanspurse.org/our-ministry/financial-accountability/

https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/who-we-are/finances-reporting-accountability

Doctors Without Borders is good but they can't do the total and variety of help that Samaritan's Purse can. SP has to maintain a big infrastructure of planes, trucks, tents, hospital set-ups, etc.

Edited by Son of A Tiger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Doctors Without Borders is good but they can't to the total and variety of help that Samaritan's Purse can. SP has to maintain a big infrastructure of planes, trucks, tents, hospital set-ups, etc.

Nobody has argued that Samaritan's purse doesn't do good things.  Stating that Franklin Graham enriches himself from his positions with both SP and his father's Billy Graham Ministries is just stating a fact.  That doesn't mean that the charities themselves don't do good works.  Franklin acts like an heir to a throne.  His father went out of his way to never suggest that should happen.

Franklin is money first, politics second, and God third.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

I can't speak for these people as individuals because I'm not them (Franklin Graham, etc.) but I know one thing! The Catholic Church has blood on their hands and I don't care what the pope has to say about anything. I also agree that the Old books of the Bible need to be used as reference material and nothing more. Jesus brought with him the new commandments. 

• Like 2

On 2/14/2023 at 2:45 PM, AU9377 said:

Franklin is money first

Sounds like lawyer…..tell about your pro bono work.

I know little about evangelist. Doubt you enough to list their personal  priorities.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 2:45 PM, AU9377 said:

Franklin is money first, politics second, and God third.

What other CEO of a charity  puts boots on the ground in places where tragedy has occurred to support their amazing capabilities in the name of Jesus?

https://samaritanspurse.org/article/franklin-graham-sees-emergency-field-hospital-in-turkey/?&utm_source=SPFacebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=m_YTUR-23SM&utm_co

Edited by Son of A Tiger

On 2/15/2023 at 9:21 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Sounds like lawyer…..tell about your pro bono work.

I know little about evangelist. Doubt you enough to list their personal  priorities.

All I know is what his actions show and what his mouth says.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

What other CEO of a charity  puts boots on the ground in places where tragedy has occurred to support their amazing capabilities in the name of Jesus?

https://samaritanspurse.org/article/franklin-graham-sees-emergency-field-hospital-in-turkey/?&utm_source=SPFacebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=m_YTUR-23SM&utm_co

Again, I never said that SP didn't do good things for people.  There are many Christian organizations on the ground in Turkey and they should all be commended for their efforts in doing what Christians should do first and foremost, which is help their fellow man.