2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

Alfano was at Bama originally and he just….quit.  Quit going to classes, quit going to practice, etc.  He basically only lasted thru summer workouts. 

52 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Alfano was at Bama originally and he just….quit.  Quit going to classes, quit going to practice, etc.  He basically only lasted thru summer workouts. 

I spent 3 awful years there.   Lord knows I wanted to quit many days.....   This is, at least, a yellow flag.   Perhaps it can be explained (death in the family, etc), but quitting is very, very rarely an acceptable option -- particularly when it comes to a sport like football that tries to make you quit on every play.   

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Golf, I bet someone in his family is "connected."

I knew a few connected guys that ran the unions when I was working in Pinebrook, NJ. Union negotiations with them were very interesting

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

I spent 3 awful years there.   Lord knows I wanted to quit many days.....   This is, at least, a yellow flag.   Perhaps it can be explained (death in the family, etc), but quitting is very, very rarely an acceptable option -- particularly when it comes to a sport like football that tries to make you quit on every play.   

Very true.   You absolutely have to be mentally tough to be successful at this level of football.   When someone quits, it’s a red flag!   If he is freakishly talented, and we’re somewhat desperate, we might take a shot and hope that those issues have been resolved.  If not, we can pass and someone else might get really lucky with him.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ellitor said:

We also offered the #1 Juco DL in the class today. Antonio Alfano. He was the #1 overall recruit in the 2019 class. He's been at 2 colleges, 2 Jucos, & 3 high schools in his playing career. Even with all that turbulence he picked up 7 new P5 offers today. Some damn strong highlight film must have hit the net today.

Reasons aside, how can a guy piece together transcripts from 3 high schools, 2 JUCOs, and 2 colleges, and be remotely eligible to earn admission to another school? But Grayson McCall can’t transfer.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Reasons aside, how can a guy piece together transcripts from 3 high schools, 2 JUCOs, and 2 colleges, and be remotely eligible to earn admission to another school? But Grayson McCall can’t transfer.  😂

🤷‍♂️

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

We also offered the #1 Juco DL in the class today. Antonio Alfano. He was the #1 overall recruit in the 2019 class. He's been at 2 colleges, 2 Jucos, & 3 high schools in his playing career. Even with all that turbulence he picked up 7 new P5 offers today. Some damn strong highlight film must have hit the net today.

this was a Bama commit at one point right? 

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I knew a few connected guys that ran the unions when I was working in Pinebrook, NJ. Union negotiations with them were very interesting

Glad you are still above ground....

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

You’ll miss me when I’m gone 

Sir, no truer words have never been spoken...

KMnf.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Has AU asked a few of our 2024 commitments to look elsewhere? Is this what’s happening?

@au701948 In all but Solomon's case, yes.

Are we still expecting a top 15 finish? Too quiet lol.

(Of course, we're in the most important two-game stretch of the year, so I can understand.)

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUwent Nope!

Still expecting top 8-10.

Are you thinking we make a Top 10 Class this year?

43 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I think that’s what he’s saying.  Keep in mind we’re in a decent-to-great spot with roughly 10-12 flip candidates.  If we snag half of those we’ll be in a really great position.

1 hour ago, au701948 said:

@au701948 I'm not venturing a guess. Just relaying that people connectede to the program & who cover recruiting still expect a top 8-10 class.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yes

What's up with this 1 word vague answer bull crap?  If you know someone soon then be a Big Bird and give us a hint