2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

4 hours ago, AUwent said:

Everything is lining up for it to be A&M's year

I'll take things that have never happened in college football, and may never will for $1000 Alex.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

So do you still think we were worrying for no reason this year when we said goal is to get to a bowl game?

@TeamZero77 I never said that nor judged people who had that opinion.

But I still think we beat Miss St & that get's us to 6 wins minimum. I still think we beat the Rebs next week & at Arky later also FWIW.

• Haha 1

I’m betting and banking on not getting any joy out of Auburn football, nor watching much of any Auburn football, in the next 2-3 years, at minimum. So far, the loss in the UGA game has been the rare exception. 

Edited by AUINSY

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

To think the media doesn't effect our in-state recruiting is to ignore reality. The media bias isn't for one week or one season. It's a decades long thing that affects the thinking of parents and prospects throughout their lives. It's a real obstacle.

Agree to disagree. Moving on.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

@TeamZero77 I never said that nor judged people who had that opinion.

But I still think we beat Miss St & that get's us to 6 wins minimum. I still think we beat the Rebs next week & at Arky later also FWIW.

I agree. But the Ole Miss game is huge

• Like 2

After Georgia game I thought we had a shot at beating Ole Miss. After LSU game I don't  think so. Defense wasn't good in first half when fresh and died in 4th. Offense wasn't good against a bad defense.

Our offense is worse than LSU's defense. And our defense is no match for LSU's offense. The bad news is Ole Miss and LSU are similar. The good news is we play in Jordan Hare instead of Death Valley. I still believe we have a chance.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/14/2023 at 11:12 PM, AUINSY said:

I’m betting and banking on not getting any joy out of Auburn football, nor watching much of any Auburn football, in the next 2-3 years, at minimum. So far, the loss in the UGA game has been the rare exception. 

I miss a lot of games due to work but I haven’t watched a recording of a loss in 3-4 years. I just have no desire because, as you said, it’s hard to find joy our games. It’s hard too because all of my life Auburn had teams that no one wanted to play. That’s changed and no one really fears Auburn anymore. I guess I just feel better if I don’t look at it. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 9:24 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

After Georgia game I thought we had a shot at beating Ole Miss. After LSU game I don't  think so. Defense wasn't good in first half when fresh and died in 4th. Offense wasn't good against a bad defense.

The D will bounce back this game after being embarrassed last week. Also Kiffen's O hasn't been explosive this season as it has been in previous years.

On 10/15/2023 at 1:45 PM, autan said:

The bad news is Ole Miss and LSU are similar.

Similar in running production, not in passing. LSU has an elite passing attack statistically while the Rebs are slightly above average.

On 10/15/2023 at 7:16 PM, AUwent said:

Just to cover the bases, is everyone expected to qualify? Especially PT...holy heck, do we need him!

@AUwent AU reporters haven't said anything about commits qualifying or not qualifying yet.

20 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U think we get Ryan Williams?

Lots of ground to make up but we're working hard on it. 

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

The D will bounce back this game after being embarrassed last week. Also Kiffen's O hasn't been explosive this season as it has been in previous years.

Hey E, they put up over 700 yards against LSU.   We were at less than 300.   I do think our D will play better at home.

6 hours ago, LPTiger said:

they put up over 700 yards against LSU.

@LPTiger Not hard to do on LSU's D so far this season. Look at the team rankings though. LSU is elite in Run & Pass O. Ole Miss is up there in Run O but a bit above average in Pass O.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

There is so much happening in this gif. I love it.

A lot to take in. 

And, of course, no one has a better sad guy face than Bill Murray. 

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

Gainesville is the worst place on the planet.  I don’t understand how people get duped into living there.  It’s like if you said, “I want to live in Florida, but I only want the worst parts of Florida”. I’d point you to the swampiest armpit of hell, Gainesville.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

Gainesville is the worst place on the planet.  I don’t understand how people get duped into living there.  It’s like if you said, “I want to live in Florida, but I only want the worst parts of Florida”. I’d point you to the swampiest armpit of hell, Gainesville.

More hurricane resistant, for one.