2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

Hoping we get at least 1 out of that group ^

I’m not a pessimist with this staff it’s just we have no idea with these recruits. Kam Franklin was crystal ball Auburn until he wasn’t. We will just have to wait and see. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, woodford said:

Hoping we get at least 1 out of that group ^

I’m not a pessimist with this staff it’s just we have no idea with these recruits. Kam Franklin was crystal ball Auburn until he wasn’t. We will just have to wait and see. 

That would be extremely disappointing 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

That would be extremely disappointing 

Yeah I'd be bummed. There's just no telling with some of these guys.

IMO Faulk and Carter are the ones we need more than any. Patterson would a helluva get but we need OL help ASAP.

Edited by woodford
  • Like 1

The way I look at this is that we have truly missed on 3 players. There are 2 that gave us their silent commits but then changed their minds at the last moment - House and K Franklin. 

The other was Cam Coleman, and NOBODY saw that one coming. 

What is crazy is many of these players are picking teams that were not even in their top 2-3 the week of their commitment. Tam and Om were both running 4th… and then Bam. 

Bolden we just were too late to the game and Patterson has always been leaning to UM or UM… so losing them is not really losing them. 

again, all of this is my opinion only. 

Edited by gr82b4au

36 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

There are 2 that gave us their silent commits but then changed their minds at the last moment - House and K Franklin. 

Just curious: How do you know those two were silent commits? I thought the only reason for a silent commit was for it to be silent; a secret.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Just curious: How do you know those two were silent commits? I thought the only reason for a silent commit was for it to be silent; a secret.

I don’t. That is why I said it is my opinion. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I don’t. That is why I said it is my opinion. 

Ok. I thought you must have had some 1st person info about silent commits.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Just curious: How do you know those two were silent commits?

@Mikey Become a nester & find out.

And yes they were silents to us.

6 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Tam and Om were both running 4th…

That may be what we were hearing but the the Aggies on TexAgs were very confident a few weeks before he committed. 

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

There is a reason why I won't do that. Enough said.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Shhhhhh 

• Haha 4

Silent commits changing commitments or real commits changing their commits has happened to all teams. Prior to NIL it was really rare.  NIL has changed that and in the case of Auburn it has been both a curse and a blessing we flipped a couple early  and now we are getting beat on a couple of silent commits.   

I’m thinking a couple of those silents were also silents elsewhere, they just kept it very secret. 🤫

Edited by keesler
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Silent commits changing commitments or real commits changing their commits has happened to all teams. Prior to NIL it was really rare.  NIL has changed that and in the case of Auburn it has been both a curse and a blessing we flipped a couple early  and now we are getting beat on a couple of silent commits.   

Committing, flipping, flipping again,  recommitting,  looking around , Flipping .

I feel it is happening more now because we (NCAA football)  are recruiting younger and younger players and HARD SELLING  them on committing.    

NIL has exacerbated the situation but we will see younger players and more of them that commit too early for whatever reason then flip around for a while.  They have 2 years to do this. 

Think about how "what you thought was cool" changed between getting your drivers license and graduation day.

SOOOOOO  much can happen between the end of their sophomore year in high school and after graduation when they actually show up on campus. 

Some typical reasons for flipping:  a major shift in friends and peers, other coaches creepin' on already committed players, best friend and team mate commit somewhere else, bigger name schools start to notice and move in,  a run in with the right booster(s),  family pressure, hot girlfriend finally decides on a school, major life changing event (best high school field goal kicker I ever saw BAR NONE  quit football his JR year when his dad died.), change in perception of a coach or staff... trouble...  drugs...

Over two years out!  For the players that is typically the 2 years(16-18) when they start to drive,  hang with new peers,  start dealing with peer pressure,  they see drugs and beer at parties, SEX,  they notice how much more money everyone else SEEMS to have.

Some make it through all that.  Some figure out where they feel they honestly fit in and flip .  Some bow to influences and flip.

They are too young to be making these life changing decisions and it is getting worse.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

...I feel it is happening more now because we (NCAA football)  are recruiting younger and younger players and HARD SELLING  them on committing.    

...it is getting worse.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Committing, flipping, flipping again,  recommitting,  looking around , Flipping .

I feel it is happening more now because we (NCAA football)  are recruiting younger and younger players and HARD SELLING  them on committing.    

NIL has exacerbated the situation but we will see younger players and more of them that commit too early for whatever reason then flip around for a while.  They have 2 years to do this. 

Think about how "what you thought was cool" changed between getting your drivers license and graduation day.

SOOOOOO  much can happen between the end of their sophomore year in high school and after graduation when they actually show up on campus. 

Some typical reasons for flipping:  a major shift in friends and peers, other coaches creepin' on already committed players, best friend and team mate commit somewhere else, bigger name schools start to notice and move in,  a run in with the right booster(s),  family pressure, hot girlfriend finally decides on a school, major life changing event (best high school field goal kicker I ever saw BAR NONE  quit football his JR year when his dad died.), change in perception of a coach or staff... trouble...  drugs...

Over two years out!  For the players that is typically the 2 years(16-18) when they start to drive,  hang with new peers,  start dealing with peer pressure,  they see drugs and beer at parties, SEX,  they notice how much more money everyone else SEEMS to have.

Some make it through all that.  Some figure out where they feel they honestly fit in and flip .  Some bow to influences and flip.

They are too young to be making these life changing decisions and it is getting worse.

This was a great post. That 2 year stretch could be argued to have the most impact for change on a person in their entire life IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2023 at 4:08 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

This was a great post. That 2 year stretch could be argued to have the most impact for change on a person in their entire life IMO. 

One other time might be greater and that is when you start a family and you are responsible for spouse and kids.

• Like 1

Probably showing my age but every time we have a player announce his commitment the Jefferson's them song pops into my head.  When it starts of with  "We're moving on up".

• Haha 1

image.thumb.png.93e506de6f51106a14785da280ae62cb.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, toddc said:

image.thumb.png.93e506de6f51106a14785da280ae62cb.png

Measurables are great but 2023 is 1st year playing football so huge learning curve. Supposedly bama offered also. Could help in 2 to 3 years.

• Like 2