2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Close. Davidson was a 4-star.

Montravius Adams & Carl Lawson in 2013.

Tre Williams & Roc Thomas in 2014.

someone had Davidson as a 5 star, but I can't seem to find which recruiting service it was.  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2599714-5-star-marlon-davidsons-decision-to-remain-with-auburn-huge-victory-for-tigers

3 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

someone had Davidson as a 5 star, but I can't seem to find which recruiting service it was.  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2599714-5-star-marlon-davidsons-decision-to-remain-with-auburn-huge-victory-for-tigers

Rivals did:

https://n.rivals.com/content/athletes/marlon-davidson-3573?view=pv

on3 did:

https://www.on3.com/db/marlon-davidson-83846/recruiting/

247 and ESPN had him as a 4-star.

Composite of the four sites is a 4-star.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Viper said:

on3 did:

On3 wasn’t around then. Their backtracked rating is a consensus in their formula of rivals, ESPN, and 247

28 minutes ago, Viper said:

Composite of the four sites is a 4-star.

The four sites 247 used for the composite back then was ESPN, rivals, 247, and scout was still around although it was dying. If I remember correctly, Marlon was rated in the hundreds for scout which brought his composite score down.

Nix and Pappoe were 5*  247 sports composites in 2019. Would have had 3 in that class if Pickens had not flipped to UGA on signing day, I believe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, autan said:

Nix and Pappoe were 5*  247 sports composites in 2019. Would have had 3 in that class if Pickens had not flipped to UGA on signing day, I believe.

Nice catch! I forgot Nix got bumped up to a five star at the very last rating cycle.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

On3 wasn’t around then. Their backtracked rating is a consensus in their formula of rivals, ESPN, and 247

That’s what I assumed. 

I know we are pushing to get  Bradley Shaw to commit at LB for Auburn.  Are we still also pushing for Wyatt Simmons? If we are is it first come first serve or would we take both?

5 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Are we still also pushing for Wyatt Simmons?

@AuburnNTexas Doesn't look like it.

6 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

would we take both?

Pay sites are saying no.

7 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

IMO this week 

D Carter - AU

Bolden - FSU 

J Sol- USCe

What a difference a new coach makes. Last year this would have been the predictions of a crazed optimist.  Now it's Debbie Downer talking..(although I'll be pretty happy with Carter)

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

What a difference a new coach makes. Last year this would have been the predictions of a crazed optimist.  Now it's Debbie Downer talking..(although I'll be pretty happy with Carter)

Crazy how much brighter our outlook is.

2 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Hahaha yep. Just trying to read the tea leaves on all of the sites. I agree that 2/4 would be great and better that 0/4 

Man, it's almost like Freeze understands that lots of 3 star offensive linemen make it to the NFL and can play in the SEC.  And that if you don't get a bunch of 4 and 5 star guys, you can still get good players if you cast a wide net and evaluate well and you can get guys that can start for you a year or two down the road.  Refreshing.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Man, it's almost like Freeze understands that lots of 3 star offensive linemen make it to the NFL and can play in the SEC.  And that if you don't get a bunch of 4 and 5 star guys, you can still get good players if you cast a wide net and evaluate well and you can get guys that can start for you a year or two down the road.  Refreshing.

He is trying for sure. We have missed on quite a few guys but that transfer we just picked up was huge. And getting DC would be even bigger. 
Add in 1-2 more guys (at least one tackle) and we are gravy. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

We just offered this cat. He's an amatuer wrestler also.

https://www.on3.com/db/navarro-schunke-153154/

This is the type of backup plan previous staffs did not have. Young man is from SD so is not on that many teams radars.  At 6'5" 285 pounds has the frame to add  positive mass. As a wrestler knows how to change levels which is super important when blocking. I am assuming our coaches have watched film on him.

HS O-linemen sadly usually have bad technique because they are so big they can win without technique. You almost always hear they have to work on pad level.  some of the things college coaches look for in film studies does player have flexibility (can they bend), how do they move their feet, is their first step quick, do they have a mean streak. 

If you have the frame, have good feet, can bend and have a mean streak with the right strength and conditioning program and teaching technique you can develop the player into a starting SEC lineman. Depending on the player and the need at the position it can take anything form 1-3 years and there will be some that don't make it. That is why numbers are important.

Here is hoping we can convince him to come to Auburn. A few players like this in the pipe line and down the road we can develop our players and not need the Portal as often.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I know we are pushing to get  Bradley Shaw to commit at LB for Auburn.  Are we still also pushing for Wyatt Simmons? If we are is it first come first serve or would we take both?

The national 247 podcast said that Clemson is coming in late and pushing very hard for Shaw. 

22 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

I'll say I'm more than a little shocked at what Little Beamer is doing at USCe right now.  It's looking more and more like the talent is getting spread out more this recruiting season.  And that's a good thing. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AuburnNTexas Doesn't look like it.

Pay sites are saying no.

Are we still talking with him as an option if we don't get Shaw?