Kevin Steele to Bama?

Quietmaninthecorner

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

He's gonna plan a coup to replace Saban isn't he 

0B03591F-F376-4FE3-92F8-E6CBF4AC978D.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Our defense under Kevin Steele is the best we’ve had since the Tuberville days. I’d take him back as DC in a heartbeat.

Very weird career arc. Wasn’t regarded as a good DC until he came to Auburn very late in his career.

• Like 2

He's worked with Saban before. He needs a couple more years in Alabama to draw retirement in the state. Honestly, don't think he cared for Saban personally.  Probably just a business decision. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So there was no friction between Gustav an Steele?

Didn't say that. Steele is a professional though, he wouldn't let it affect his job.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

FTR, Steele had little to nothing to do with the coup attempt besides being named Kevin Steele

Pfffttth!  That's not going to stop me from pushing the narrative to bama recruits.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Kevin Steele to Bama?
13 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

It will be interesting to see how well he does there

He will do like every other coordinator with that roster: great. 

• Like 1

How quickly people forget… He spearheaded an attempted coup. It was time for Malzahn to move on. But getting support to oust and replace him as one of his assistant coaches? That’s low. If I were a college coach, he’d be one of the few “never hires” I’d have on a list. 
Also, if I’m recruiting against him, I definitely am raising that point with recruits. 

Edited by ScotsAU

Nobody here has forgotten the Malzahn divorce and Steele coup attempt.

That doesn't change the fact that the man can coach defense, and if he has a roster full of 5 and 4 star players, 3 deep, he might just be able to field a halfway decent defense ... maybe ... like ... okay ... yep!

But fact is, we know what we are up against every season -- Bama and UGA are always gonna be uber tough. Doesn't matter if it is Steele or somebody else. Bama will always be tough to beat.

Edited by AURex

On 2/5/2023 at 3:25 PM, Tiger said:

He's gonna plan a coup to replace Saban isn't he 

You beat me to it! I was going to post the same thing. 

8 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

How quickly people forget… He spearheaded an attempted coup. It was time for Malzahn to move on. But getting support to oust and replace him as one of his assistant coaches? That’s low. If I were a college coach, he’d be one of the few “never hires” I’d have on a list. 
Also, if I’m recruiting against him, I definitely am raising that point with recruits. 

Yes, a real scumbag that will fit right in with Satan and the crowd in West Vance. Steve Spurrier said it best when the turds hired Satan:  “it is a match made in heaven. Alabama hired a coach, without a conscious, for a fan base that doesn’t care”

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

8 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Not according to Bird

14 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

How quickly people forget… He spearheaded an attempted coup. 

That is beyond wrong and needs to stop being pushed

• Like 2

I think this is a very good hire by Saban.  His defense started tail off a little toward the end of his Auburn run but that was probably more indicative of the negative recruiting that was aimed at Gus and the program in general.  That 2019 game plan against LSU was a thing of beauty.  Speculation is he’s there to mentor some young guy they got from Southern Miss

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not according to Bird

And Red plus I believe WDE so people really need to stop posting that bull****.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

And Red plus I believe WDE so people really need to stop posting that bull****.

Pretty one of those two were the ones pushing that narrative.