The fake think tank that fueled the Russiagate narrative

AUFAN78

Taibbi estimates that Hamilton 68 “may go down as the single greatest case of media fabulism in American history. Virtually every major news organization in America is implicated, including NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, CNN, MSNBC, the New York Times and the Washington Post. Mother Jones alone did at least fourteen stories pegged to the group’s ‘research.’ Even fact-checking sites like Politifact and Snopes cited Hamilton 68 as a source.”

https://thespectator.com/topic/the-fake-think-tank-that-fueled-the-russiagate-narrative/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually listened to the Taibbi Podcast on this. It was a scream. They manufactured fake news and then got sited by everyone needing to drive the narrative.

Taibbi even said that most of the articles quoting Hamilton 68 the authors just took the Hamilton 68 work and added 2-3 paragraphs and called it their own.

https://www.racket.news/p/episode-23-america-this-week-with#details

Twitter backward engineered the data for Hamilton 68 so-called work. The results were hysterical. Actual accounts were called bots when they were in fact owned by individual Americans. 

• Like 2

Twitter found that:

86% of the Labeled Bots were English Language

Only 5% of the "Labeled Bots" were actually based in Russia. 

Most were just owned by Real Life Americans with profiles, addresses, phone numbers, emails and H68 waved the magic wand and declared them to be Russian Controlled Bots.

12 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Twitter found that:

86% of the Labeled Bots were English Language

Only 5% of the "Labeled Bots" were actually based in Russia. 

Most were just owned by Real Life Americans with profiles, addresses, phone numbers, emails and H68 waved the magic wand and declared them to be Russian Controlled Bots.

This can’t be, America spent 4 years trying to get rid of a man just because he was not liked by the previous administration and Hillary Clinton.  She is one vindictive broad.

• Like 1

Written by an election denier.  Refers to Donald Trump as,,, "a man of good character".   He calls January sixth a,,, hoax.

Just another story for ideological idiots who willingly believe anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Written by an election denier.  Refers to Donald Trump as,,, "a man of good character".   He calls January sixth a,,, hoax.

Just another story for ideological idiots who willingly believe anything. 

No, it was written by a journalist.  The article is not about Trump, its about the childish reaction of the Democrat party.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, it was written by a journalist.  The article is not about Trump, its about the childish reaction of the Democrat party.

No.  You are lying.  You are believing in a lie.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

i remember when the repukes tried like hell to get rid of bill clinton.

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i remember when the repukes tried like hell to get rid of bill clinton.

Did the Republicans lie about Bill?  Did they pay someone to develop a complete lie about Bill?  I think not, your whataboutism is noted though.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Did the Republicans lie about Bill?  Did they pay someone to develop a complete lie about Bill?  I think not, your whataboutism is noted though.

why did the gov not go after trump like they did BILL? seriously.trump had as many or more complaints and in case you forget some of the witnesses at that time were stated as to have paid witnesses to testify. and yes i think the repubs did lie about bill. of course bill was a horn dog but i will never believe he ever raped anyone. did he make unwanted advances? of course he did. i still love you m4 as you are passionate about gov like i am. but the difference between us is i have stated many times when i do not like something the dems did and i am not sure you do. and some of you guys need to understand the arguing thing. at the end of the day i could actually buy you a steak if we met in auburn sometime and i am pretty sure few of you would even want to meet the mighty aubes. my point is i fight hard and i always want the truth but i do not hold it personal against anyone.

• Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

why did the gov not go after trump like they did BILL? seriously.trump had as many or more complaints and in case you forget some of the witnesses at that time were stated as to have paid witnesses to testify. and yes i think the repubs did lie about bill. of course bill was a horn dog but i will never believe he ever raped anyone. did he make unwanted advances? of course he did. i still love you m4 as you are passionate about gov like i am. but the difference between us is i have stated many times when i do not like something the dems did and i am not sure you do. and some of you guys need to understand the arguing thing. at the end of the day i could actually buy you a steak if we met in auburn sometime and i am pretty sure few of you would even want to meet the mighty aubes. my point is i fight hard and i always want the truth but i do not hold it personal against anyone.

By not going after Trump like they did Bill I can only assume you mean about his sexual exploits.  You know as well as anyone that Trump never spent a day in office that he was not gone after. 

I would guess because Bill already escaped his sexual exploits that occurred in the White House going after Trump would be almost disingenuous.  The bigger reason is the Dems went all in on the Steele Dossier as it spread like wildfire.  Who would want a Russian Agent in the White House?  A President that cheats on his wife is not as big as a Russian Agent.  After all the hoopla was over and Trump survived, what would be the point?

Since Trump is running again, I doubt seriously his infidelity will be brought up.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 9:43 AM, I_M4_AU said:

This can’t be, America spent 4 years trying to get rid of a man just because he was not liked by the previous administration and Hillary Clinton.  She is one vindictive broad.

You pretend that Trump didn't bring any of it on himself.  You pretend that his actions with Ukraine were valid and that he was not attempting to smear his likely political opponent while using the heavy hand of the Presidency and U.S. Treasury.   Go listen to Mitt Romney's speech about truth and his faith and then argue that he is a liar.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You pretend that Trump didn't bring any of it on himself.  You pretend that his actions with Ukraine were valid and that he was not attempting to smear his likely political opponent while using the heavy hand of the Presidency and U.S. Treasury.   Go listen to Mitt Romney's speech about truth and his faith and then argue that he is a liar.

I believe Romney believes what he said was the truth.  So he didn’t lie, he just wasn’t convincing to other Senators. What you or I think is irrelevant.  When Trump took office he didn’t have time to *bring any of it on himself*, he was on the defensive from day one.  

I don’t have to pretend what Trump discussed with Ukraine amounted to partisan politics, it is on record as such.

You pretend it matters.  I hope Trump does not get the Republican nomination.  We are probably on the same side of that one.

• Dislike 1

19 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Back in 2012, Romney was savaged just about as bad as anyone. Remember the Woman Book? Remember the Dog in the Crate? I can take you Democrats in Alabama that FIRMLY believe Romney was the Anti-Christ. Demonization is just what politics in America is about. DeSantis will be furiously demonized. Just watch. Anyone that dares to challenge the Inside the Beltway Insiders will be Demonized. It is just a cost of doing business. Atwaterism is now everyday business in DC.

2012: Obama says that Russia poses NO THREAT to the US. Well, we all found out better in 2016.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

49 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

2012: Obama says that Russia poses NO THREAT to the US. Well, we all found out better in 2016.

I think the catch phrase Obama uses was:  *the 80’s called and wants their foreign policy back*.  I think Putin loved that one.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Yep. Appears Romney was right. 

And most of us did come to realize he was right - a notable exception being Trump and apparently the MAGA Republicans, who seems to have an affinity for authoritarians.

https://newsus.cgtn.com/news/2023-01-10/How-are-U-S-MAGA-conservatives-tied-to-Brazil-s-Bolsonaro--1gt5kNyB4eQ/index.html

https://nacla.org/trump-allies-campaign-online-bolsonaro-and-spread-lies-about-electoral-fraud

This "stolen election" thing is quite popular among would be dictators.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 2/3/2023 at 8:43 AM, I_M4_AU said:

America spent 4 years trying to get rid of a man just because he was not liked by the previous administration and Hillary Clinton.

This is a lie.  Democrats didn't even appoint special counsel.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

This is a lie.  Democrats didn't even appoint special counsel.

Are saying the Democrats didn’t try to get rid of Trump?  Are you saying Obama and Biden didn’t put roadblocks up for the Trump administration on January 5th of 2017.  Are you saying the Steele Dossier was not financed by Hillary?  Those are provable facts.  

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Are you saying Obama and Biden didn’t put roadblocks up for the Trump administration on January 5th of 2017.

Can you define them?  Was there not a amicable transfer of power? 

No Hillary Clinton did not finance the original Steele investigation.  The Clinton campaign did continue to fund through third party as part of opposition research.  She did not use the Steele dossier in her campaign.

And no, Democrats didn't try to get rid of Trump.  They did wish to impeach him (twice) for obviously corrupt actions.  Democrats did not attempt to subvert an election.  That was someone else.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Can you define them?  Was there not a amicable transfer of power? 

No Hillary Clinton did not finance the original Steele investigation.  The Clinton campaign did continue to fund through third party as part of opposition research.  She did not use the Steele dossier in her campaign.

And no, Democrats didn't try to get rid of Trump.  They did wish to impeach him (twice) for obviously corrupt actions.  Democrats did not attempt to subvert an election.  That was someone else.

Get real.  Impeaching Trump twice was trying to get rid of him.  Why else would they impeach him.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Get real.  Impeaching Trump twice was trying to get rid of him.  Why else would they impeach him.

Because he committed  impeachable offenses. A handful of principled Republicans supported it, too. Bipartisan.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Because he committed  impeachable offenses. A handful of principled Republicans supported it, too. Bipartisan.

Was the end goal to get rid of Trump?

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Was the end goal to get rid of Trump?

The goal was to preserve democracy and accountability— I bet you didn’t grow up thinking you’d be rooting against those, did you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1