Sanders drastically overhauls Colorado’s roster

bishoptf

I know, I know the verdict is still out but I think this shows what a lot of us (me included) thought he could bring to the table. Now can he win games and really take things to the next level coaching wise, that remains to be seen but will be interesting to watch what happens, expectations for Colorado are a lot different than in the SEC but again will be interesting to watch. I will also say that Freeze so far has also done IMHO a good job in the same manner so not slighting him, hope we continue to have greater success with recruits etc...

Article - https://www.yahoo.com/sports/deion-sanders-drastically-overhauls-colorado-150144701.html

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 11:48 AM, bishoptf said:

I know, I know the verdict is still out but I think this shows what a lot of us (me included) thought he could bring to the table. Now can he win games and really take things to the next level coaching wise, that remains to be seen but will be interesting to watch what happens, expectations for Colorado are a lot different than in the SEC but again will be interesting to watch. I will also say that Freeze so far has also done IMHO a good job in the same manner so not slighting him, hope we continue to have greater success with recruits etc...

Article - https://www.yahoo.com/sports/deion-sanders-drastically-overhauls-colorado-150144701.html

Thanks for posting this, CU has nowhere to go but ^up^ and Prime is the man to get it done. 

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Sanders drastically overhauls Colorado’s roster
  • 2 weeks later...

Not mentioned, 7 of his transfers came from JSU ... D1 talent ... we'll see.  

I think we'll be just fine with CHF who isn't exactly struggling on the recruiting front ;)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Why are we even seeing posts about him? Colorado is not an Auburn Rival. This is like talking about Dillingham at ASU.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AURex said:

Why are we even seeing posts about him? Colorado is not an Auburn Rival. This is like talking about Dillingham at ASU.

To be fair, he's pretty relevant in the college landscape right now.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, alexava said:

The more I see and hear from him I wish we had gotten him. I actually like him. I still not sure he’s long term. 

The closest Sanders got to the Auburn job was wishful thinking on the part of message board warriors. That's a very good thing.

12 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

I think Deion would have killed it at Auburn. Too bad. Glad he's making moves. We'll see what happens for UC and AU. 

Based on what? Certainly not his coaching credentials. Idle speculation about how he'd rack up in recruiting is just that, idle speculation. The crew he brought into Colorado would have garnered a "D" at best at Auburn. All the talk about how many 5* guys were going to flip and go wherever Sanders went turned out to be false.

Thankfully we didn't have to dodge the Sanders bullet, he was never even in Auburn's sights.

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

13 hours ago, RunInRed said:

To be fair, he's pretty relevant in the college landscape right now.

Um, he hasn't won a single game at Colorado. And Colorado is not an AU rival. And they haven't won jack squat in their conference. Why is he in the AUFamily forum?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2023 at 8:50 PM, AURex said:

Um, he hasn't won a single game at Colorado. And Colorado is not an AU rival. And they haven't won jack squat in their conference. Why is he in the AUFamily forum?

because people keep posting about him and people keep asking questions about him. The same reason any other person gets a platform, because people keep talking about them, good or bad, that keeps them relevant. 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 8:27 AM, RunInRed said:

Not mentioned, 7 of his transfers came from JSU ... D1 talent ... we'll see.  

I think we'll be just fine with CHF who isn't exactly struggling on the recruiting front ;)

He got his five star from Jackson State, his two sons, and a bunch of three stars that boosted his recruiting rankings. Did anyone think his five star and his sons were going to stay at Jackson State when he left for Colorado? Other than that, he really hasn’t done all that much.

I do wish him well in changing young men’s lives for the better, but I’m certainly glad he’s not at AU!

• Like 3

On 2/16/2023 at 9:50 PM, AURex said:

Probably because we talk about everything here? He was mentioned in some circles as a potential/some’s choice for a coaching option/across the broader CFB landscape, he’s very relevant.

Other than that, I’m not sure why we’re talking about him either. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/21/2023 at 10:35 AM, Son of A Tiger said:

The official drink of the Colorado Buffaloes (By the way  there aren't any buffaloes in America).

May be an image of bottle and indoor

This is so dumb

• Dislike 1

Every guy in here that wants to keep talking were the exact same guys that were hell bent on making sure nobody talked about Gus or Bo on the forum.......hypocrites

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

On 2/21/2023 at 10:35 AM, Son of A Tiger said:

The official drink of the Colorado Buffaloes (By the way  there aren't any buffaloes in America).

May be an image of bottle and indoor

Any links to this? And would that mean you think Deion own this company? Or did you literally just make something else up

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Any links to this? And would that mean you think Deion own this company? Or did you literally just make something else up

No. No. Yes (just a little humor).

Now answer the question I asked you earlier.....what year did you graduate from Auburn?

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Now answer the question I asked you earlier.....what year did you graduate from Auburn?

Why would that matter to you? And you see how people liked it right? Some people are going to actually believe that

Edited by cole256

1 hour ago, Son of A Tiger said:

If you won't answer questions, don't ask them.

You better go to the metaverse and create a world where you are important enough to ever be able to order me to do anything. If you can't articulate a reason for asking a question then stop asking. 

Also if you can't differentiate the difference of asking a sports question on subject to things being discussed as opposed to asking personal questions you should probably just go lay down and take a nap as well

• Dislike 1

46 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You better go to the metaverse and create a world where you are important enough to ever be able to order me to do anything. If you can't articulate a reason for asking a question then stop asking. 

Also if you can't differentiate the difference of asking a sports question on subject to things being discussed as opposed to asking personal questions you should probably just go lay down and take a nap as well

You really need to follow your own advice and quit calling other people hypocrites.

8 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

You really need to follow your own advice and quit calling other people hypocrites.

No I will call what I see. I'll always point it out and back it up though. I don't just say things because I don't like a particular poster or see a person into it with one of my friends and jump in and blindly throw insults and childish things like that.....You should try it.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

16 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

16 hours ago, cole256 said:

Why would that matter to you? And you see how people liked it right? Some people are going to actually believe that

Nah Cole, answer the question.

Also, I'ma need DOB and SSN for .... reasons.

What's your home address? Could you also list all your biggest fears and phobias? 

Thanks!

And to be back on topic, DS hasn't made the huge difference in Colorado so far that I thought he could have ( @Mikey brings it up a lot, I expected at least a couple big name flips), but it's also very vey early in his time there. As long as he's not at another SEC school I'm gonna hope the best for him.

• Haha 1