2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

33 minutes ago, slawtiger said:

I hope we can flip him, but he went to every Alabama game last year.  This kid is a generational stud.  If Auburn can flip him, it would be HUGHHHHHHHHHEEEEEE!

Not sure that's correct. He was in Auburn for several games

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I think the key is if after the bama visit if he really does the other two visits or cancels Texas and Auburn.

Highly doubtful that would happen. He’s announcing 2/9/24. Why set the announcement date that far out? So that he can take these lavish trips that are paid for. 

2 hours ago, slawtiger said:

I hope we can flip him, but he went to every Alabama game last year.  This kid is a generational stud.  If Auburn can flip him, it would be HUGHHHHHHHHHEEEEEE!

He’s a really good player, but I don’t know about saying he’s a “generational stud”. Cam is ahead of him in every recruiting service’s ranking of players.

I don't disagree that is why he set the 2/9/2024 date was so he could partake of the lavish trips.  I just think bama will try and up the ante and pressure so much to get him not to do the remaining trips.

• Like 1

Watched a quick video interview. While he understands Harsin was a buffoon not recruiting him, he appreciates the fact that Bama was in on him early and often. It sounds like Auburn has a seat at the table mainly because of his dad. I think he likes Freeze and Davis but it just seems there is too much ground to make up. Hope I’m wrong. Thank goodness we have a stellar class of WRs. 

1 minute ago, NCTiger1982 said:

Watched a quick video interview. While he understands Harsin was a buffoon not recruiting him, he appreciates the fact that Bama was in on him early and often. It sounds like Auburn has a seat at the table mainly because of his dad. I think he likes Freeze and Davis but it just seems there is too much ground to make up. Hope I’m wrong. Thank goodness we have a stellar class of WRs. 

This. Saban has sold him on Julian Sayin throwing him into the record books over the next couple of years, and it’s hard to counter that.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I don't disagree that is why he set the 2/9/2024 date was so he could partake of the lavish trips.  I just think bama will try and up the ante and pressure so much to get him not to do the remaining trips.

Feb 9th is his birthday 

14 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I’m sure they’ll try. There’s only so much “ante” a program can out-do another with NIL. This ain’t just Dodge Chargers, suits and free housing for mamas anymore.

It’s one remaining trip to bammer. What pitch, that they haven’t already said or tried, that will make him call off the other lavish free trips? Answer: There isn’t. He’ll take his other trips and get his free gifts. And he still could announce bammer on 2/9/24.

15 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

He’s a really good player, but I don’t know about saying he’s a “generational stud”. Cam is ahead of him in every recruiting service’s ranking of players.

Exactly. Coleman and Thompson are both 6’3” - 6’4”. There are generational exceptions like Tyreek Hill and Devonte Smith who are 6’0” and under, but 99 times out of 100, the tall 5* WRs pan out over the shorter ones.

And we all know Freeze has had three generational > 6’1” WR studs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Feeling it will be bammer

Yup I would agree. They’ve recruited him much longer and has developed deep relationships with their players. And as I’ve continued to say, why sign with a program who just signed two 5* and two 4* WRs? There’s only one ball per play. Plus he would be catching home run balls from Milroe next season. Like it or not, that’s more enticing than catching passes from Thorne.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

@PigskinPat Only because the recruiting services have 1 more year of high school film to look at on Cam. After being the MVP at the Ala-Miss All Star game and if he has a better Under Armour Week this week, Ryan could easily pass Cam back. Most football people think RW is the better talent, even our residential Bird.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

@PigskinPat Only because the recruiting services have 1 more year of high school film to look at on Cam. After being the MVP at the Ala-Miss All Star game and if he has a better Under Armour Week this week, Ryan could easily pass Cam back. Most football people think RW is the better talent, even our residential Bird.

Cam and Ryan running fades to the opposite sides…a defensive nightmare. Perry Thompson is a big body, physical receiver too.

Bryce has wheelz and great hands as a deep threat.  Malcolm Simmons is unbelievably athletic and elusive.

Ryan is like a Cam type player that runs like Simmons.

If Auburn is able to flip him, we need the best line an we can get running a 5 wide, 5 OL, QB formation at times.  These guys will be open everywhere.  Throw in an Alvin Kamira type RB and our offense could be explosive and exciting.

7 hours ago, Viper said:

Yup I would agree. They’ve recruited him much longer and has developed deep relationships with their players. And as I’ve continued to say, why sign with a program who just signed two 5* and two 4* WRs? There’s only one ball per play. Plus he would be catching home run balls from Milroe next season. Like it or not, that’s more enticing than catching passes from Thorne.

You maybe correct, but if it’s true that Williams would “dodge” high level WR recruits, he is probably going to run into more of them at Bama than AU at this point.

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

You maybe correct, but if it’s true that Williams would “dodge” high level WR recruits, he is probably going to run into more of them at Bama than AU at this point.

Early on, sure, but at bammer, he wouldn't be coming in with four other elite WRs in one class like at AU.

I'll be ecstatically shocked if he signs with AU, but I believe he'll sign with bammer.

I still say full speed ahead on his recruitment because we have nothing to lose.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Early on, sure, but at bammer, he wouldn't be coming in with four other elite WRs in one class like at AU.

I'll be ecstatically shocked if he signs with AU, but I believe he'll sign with bammer.

I still say full speed ahead on his recruitment because we have nothing to lose.

If it's a competition for the NIL $ I'd rather go for a transfer QB. 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

Agree with your comments, Bammer has 3 other 4 stars signed too I believe. I too think he will go to Bana (our game today certainly didn’t help IMO).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

If it's a competition for the NIL $ I'd rather go for a transfer QB. 🤷‍♂️

If we lose out on Williams, then you may get your wish.

5 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Agree with your comments, Bammer has 3 other 4 stars signed too I believe. I too think he will go to Bana (our game today certainly didn’t help IMO).

Eh, if Williams would have lost interest because of poor play, it certainly would have been after NMSU. But that didn't happen.

Again, these experienced HCs know how to spin poor seasons. "Son, you will be the reason why this program changed. Be a part of the first class that changed it."

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Viper said:

As far as the QB yes but I believe the bammers have pretty hefty WR talent on their roster with 3-4 4 star WRs having been signed each year. I think they'll have 15+ in the WR room and the majority were 4 stars at the start of next season. PT laying an egg yesterday certainly didn't help. 

10 hours ago, Viper said:

If we lose out on Williams, then you may get your wish.

My point is I'm good conceding him now if it means more time to go after a transfer QB. Anything to be able to win one more game. Every time we've been at the end of teh season talking about how we shouldn't expect any additional wins and just hoping for "improvement"...it hasn't gone well.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, einatlanta said:

As far as the QB yes but I believe the bammers have pretty hefty WR talent on their roster with 3-4 4 star WRs having been signed each year. I think they'll have 15+ in the WR room and the majority were 4 stars at the start of next season. PT laying an egg yesterday certainly didn't help. 

Hopefully Walker White makes major progress. He’s our future.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

My point is I'm good conceding him now if it means more time to go after a transfer QB. Anything to be able to win one more game. Every time we've been at the end of teh season talking about how we shouldn't expect any additional wins and just hoping for "improvement"...it hasn't gone well.

Good points, but I would rather have long-term sustained success over one more win next season. If that means more dedication to recruiting than coaching, which is obviously Freeze’s current vision, I’m good with that. To each their own of course.

• Like 2