Longest Home Winning Streak In the Country!!!!!!!!!

toddc

76421E59-982A-476C-B633-5DAE1DCF57C5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only 2 of those 75 home wins for Gonzaga were against ranked opponents. 

• Haha 4

Longest home winning streak in the country, longest ranked AP streak in our program's history, where is the "this is a bad team" crowd? Enjoying this group and their fight to improve. CBP is coaching his butt off. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Only 2 of those 75 home wins for Gonzaga were against ranked opponents. 

Ya, I didn't think we would get a shot at having the longest streak because of their schedule!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

Longest home winning streak in the country, longest ranked AP streak in our program's history, where is the "this is a bad team" crowd? Enjoying this group and their fight to improve. CBP is coaching his butt off. 

Don't worry, they are still waiting for us to mess up. 

22 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

I don't know that there ever was a "this is a bad team crowd". What I see is a team that's not as good as last year's team and won't make it to the sweet 16 without some big changes and improvements. Look at the LSU game: That wasn't all defense, LSU missed a bunch of open 3-pointers. If they shoot only a miserable 16.7 percent, (3 of 18) then we're in a dogfight up until the very end.

If Jasper can up his game and Broome gets consistent AU may have a fighting chance. Maybe there are other positive things that can happen but right now what I see is a LOT of need for improvement.

• Like 3

When Bama comes to town going to need a complete game. It’s crazy how the roles have reversed. They have the 3 ball going, difference maker and length.  If Auburn plays their game and don’t have those stretches where they get careless they have a chance to carry the streak into next year

• Like 2

On 1/21/2023 at 9:16 AM, Mikey said:

I don't know that there ever was a "this is a bad team crowd". What I see is a team that's not as good as last year's team and won't make it to the sweet 16 without some big changes and improvements. Look at the LSU game: That wasn't all defense, LSU missed a bunch of open 3-pointers. If they shoot only a miserable 16.7 percent, (3 of 18) then we're in a dogfight up until the very end.

If Jasper can up his game and Broome gets consistent AU may have a fighting chance. Maybe there are other positive things that can happen but right now what I see is a LOT of need for improvement.

Oh they're out there. After any ugly game, there was plenty of chatter about it, and us not being a tourney team. My theory is that it is because bama has a squad and some folks can't just enjoy our own program. None-the-less, another good win for this group and a chance coming up to extend the home winning streak against a team near the top of the SEC standings. 

Excited to have this streak going for us!!!!  Home games against TAMU, bama, and UT will be major tests to keep the streak alive!

I don’t know about folks saying this team isn’t good.   But it isn’t as good as last year.   Jabari and Kessler were major difference makers you just don’t see very often, and we still have our Guard-play issues.  They are starting to gel now, shooting better, and playing better basketball.  This home stretch of SEC play will let us know how much we have improved.  If we finish 12-6 in SEC play I will be very happy.  Maybe we can get past that second round this year and make it to the sweet 16.  That would be an impressive performance!!!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Welp, it was good while it lasted aka 6 days. 

Since streaks always end, at least is wasn't Bama that ended it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We can say we had it.  Kinda glad it won't be an unnecessary distraction. 

This reminds me of when Carlson broke the record for most consecutive PATs and missed the next one.  Nothing Gold can stay.  Also why we can't have nice things.

I think we have just been given a mid-season revelation about our team, now that we have entered the tough part of our schedule.  We have the same short, average guards we had last year, with no Jabari or Kessler to bail them out.

We still have 2 games against Bama, 2 against Tennessee, play at TAM, and play at Kentucky.  And we are underdogs today on the road in the Challenge.

We don't have the horses to be great this year, and there's no shame in it.  We can't be great every year.  We'll improve, and we still have enjoyable basketball to watch this year.  Except maybe those games at Bama and Tennessee.

Next year will be better.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Next year will be better.

I agree.  But those who thought this team would be better than last year's had their O & B glasses on too tight. Broome with his experience has actually performed a little better than I thought he would.  Tre has contributed about as expected, but Westry and Traore have not made the impact most of our fans were hoping for. That being said we could actually go a little further in tournament(s) if we peak at the right time and get lucky with the right seedings. Hopefully the best is yet to come and the good guys pull off a few upsets. WDE!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, autan said:

I agree.  But those who thought this team would be better than last year's had their O & B glasses on too tight. Broome with his experience has actually performed a little better than I thought he would.  Tre has contributed about as expected, but Westry and Traore have not made the impact most of our fans were hoping for. That being said we could actually go a little further in tournament(s) if we peak at the right time and get lucky with the right seedings. Hopefully the best is yet to come and the good guys pull off a few upsets. WDE!

This is absolutely true. In fact tbh I didn't know people were thinking this year would be better. Also just being honest this team is much better than I figured it would be. I think this is one of Pearl's better coaching jobs. I wouldn't have been too surprised if we were at the bottom as far as records go. This team has heart. I don't think anybody will try to dispute that. Hopefully they wouldn't at least

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

This team has a bunch of potential. All it takes is the right guy getting hot. 

Yeah, Broome got hot in the 2nd half today and led a comeback.  Almost got there.

37 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Yeah, Broome got hot in the 2nd half today and led a comeback.  Almost got there.

He's not the one that needs to get hot. I mean he needs to play well but he's more consistent. We need the PG to be hot

• Like 1