Merit vs. Diversity in Schools

20 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Perhaps.  Getting a well rounded education that will also help you to get better paying and more fulfilling work is fine when you can still afford to pay for school by working part time through college or something, or you just take on a few thousand in debt.  But when you're still paying the equivalent of a mortgage payment on school loans every month into your late 30s/early 40s for a job that pays you $45k, it makes you question whether it was worth it.

Understood.  That cost/benefit analysis is easy.  What about the public cost/benefit analysis?

I think we need to look at how much money has been diverted into private education and, what that means to public education and society.

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Understood.  That cost/benefit analysis is easy.  What about the public cost/benefit analysis?

I think we need to look at how much money has been diverted into private education and, what that means to public education and society.

Not sure what you're getting at.

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

Our second oldest, a sophomore, is considering Alabama.

I promised not to disown her lol. 

My youngest just completed her masters at Alabama and currently works for the university. She is very happy. 

And no, we did not disown her. She still loves Auburn.

• Like 1