What a bunch of phony, Godless

TexasTiger

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Couldn’t.

I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.
Matthew 25:35They were given food,water, warm clothes, etc.

Truly I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of my brethren you did it to me.
Matthew 25:40They were all treated very well everything considered. better than they were treated awhile back by the hypocrites at Martha's Vinyard. So why  no big outcry and media attention in that case.

From Old Testament

You shall also love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
Deuteronomy 10:19 He didn't say love people who violate the law, deal drugs, gangs, sex trafficers, etc.

The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.
Leviticus 19:34 None of the subject aliens reside with anyone. Why didn't Kamala take them in.‘  Why is Gov. Abott being the scapegoat when they all agreed to be bussed to D.C.?

Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow.’ Then all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’
Deuteronomy 27:19Who is withholding justice from them? Justice according to our laws would be deportation.

There are many others. 

1 hour ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I don’t recall interacting with you before, so I gave it a shot even though this statement gave me the impression you were an extremely hateful person:

Put some more of them in the cold and  maybe they will stay in their warm countries.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I don’t recall interacting with you before, so I gave it a shot even though this statement gave me the impression you were an extremely hateful response person:

Put some more of them in the cold and  maybe they will stay in their warm countries.

Well I can see how that comes across as cruel. Thanks for a good discussion on a tough problem we are having to deal with. Hope a better handling of it comes in 2023.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I don’t recall interacting with you before, so I gave it a shot even though this statement gave me the impression you were an extremely hateful response person:

"Put some more of them in the cold and  maybe they will stay in their warm countries."

When someone tells you who they are - believe it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Couldn’t.

I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.
Matthew 25:35

Truly I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of my brethren you did it to me.
Matthew 25:40

From Old Testament

You shall also love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
Deuteronomy 10:19 

The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.
Leviticus 19:34 

‘Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow.’ Then all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’
Deuteronomy 27:19

There are many others.

Those verses are not directed to the u.s. government.  The u.s. government is not the church.  Church and State are separated by the constitution. 

Edited by JMWATS
  • Facepalm 2

11 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

Those verses are not directed to the u.s. government.  The u.s. government is not the church.  Church and State are separated by the constitution. 

No kidding? I’m not suggesting the US become a theocracy. I am suggesting that governmental leaders who claim to be Christian, or even decent people, not cruelly treat humans as props while doing their jobs and that those voters/citizens who claim to be Christian, or even decent, not revel in, or even excuse, cruel behavior just cuz it “owns the libs.” One can do one’s non-religious governmental duty with compassion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

Ideally, yes, but in reality a large portion of our government and politicians are Christians who are elected by Christians to implement laws and govern according to a Christian mindset. The constitution limits their ability to do things, but it doesn't stop our government from being heavily influenced by Churches. 

When so many of our politicians and citizens claim to live their life and govern by the principles of the Bible, it's appropriate to point out how their actions and politics don't match up to what they claim to represent. 

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Ideally, yes, but in reality a large portion of our government and politicians are Christians who are elected by Christians to implement laws and govern according to a Christian mindset. The constitution limits their ability to do things, but it doesn't stop our government from being heavily influenced by Churches. 

When so many of our politicians and citizens claim to live their life and govern by the principles of the Bible, it's appropriate to point out how their actions and politics don't match up to what they claim to represent. 

Do you believe Biden is a devout Catholic?  

45 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you believe Biden is a devout Catholic?  

I'm not Catholic and I've never heavily researched Catholic doctrine or belief's so I can't answer that question.

More importantly I don't believe that Joe Biden lets his faith primarily guide and influence his governing and policy decisions. 

If Republican politicians discussed in this thread were able to separate their faith and their governmental service and policies in the way Biden does then I wouldn't be criticizing their faith or the way they practice it either. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

No kidding? I’m not suggesting the US become a theocracy. I am suggesting that governmental leaders who claim to be Christian, or even decent people, not cruelly treat humans as props while doing their jobs and that those voters/citizens who claim to be Christian, or even decent, not revel in, or even excuse, cruel behavior just cuz it “owns the libs.” One can do one’s non-religious governmental duty with compassion.

I want elected officials paid by my tax dollars and that represent me to provide a secure border.  That is what I want. Do you want a secure border? 

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I'm not Catholic and I've never heavily researched Catholic doctrine or belief's so I can't answer that question.

I’m not Catholic either, but I do know Catholic are against abortion and sexually mutilating minors in order to placate insanity.

10 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

More importantly I don't believe that Joe Biden lets his faith primarily guide and influence his governing and policy decisions

From the above statement; obviously.

10 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

If Republican politicians discussed in this thread were able to separate their faith and their governmental service and policies in the way Biden does then I wouldn't be criticizing their faith or the way they practice it either. 

I’m not sure if you noticed, but the OP is a Biden cult leader judging people by the actions of a political leader all the while your buddy Biden has been transporting illegals all over the country in the dead of night.

Which is more disingenuous?  Transporting illegals in the dead of night and not telling the American people you are doing it, or transporting illegals in full view of the public?

And, to top it off, Biden admonishes Republicans for the exact thing he is doing and he is the cause of this because of his open border policy.

Maybe if Biden would use some of the integrity he learned being a Catholic, he could be more of a leader.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

I want elected officials paid by my tax dollars and that represent me to provide a secure border.  That is what I want. Do you want a secure border? 

I want a well functioning immigration system which would include a reasonably secure border. We have a heckuva long, largely desolate border, north & south so folks will always disagree on what constitutes secure. Most immigrants here illegally came legally and overstayed.

Our asylum system needs an overhaul. Legal immigration needs revamping and probably increased.

But economically distressed countries to our south will always create challenges.

• Like 2

End of the day people where not turned away or imprisoned. Landed in a church.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/greg-abbott-pushes-back-criticism-145216995.html

The White House is full of a bunch of hypocrites, led by the Hypocrite-in-Chief .... Instead of their hypocritical complaints about Texas providing much-needed relief to our overrun and overwhelmed border communities, President Biden and Border Czar Harris need to step up and do their jobs to secure the border—something they continue failing to do," Renae Eze, a spokesperson for Abbott, said in a statement.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

13 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

End of the day people where not turned away or imprisoned. Landed in a church.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/greg-abbott-pushes-back-criticism-145216995.html

The White House is full of a bunch of hypocrites, led by the Hypocrite-in-Chief .... Instead of their hypocritical complaints about Texas providing much-needed relief to our overrun and overwhelmed border communities, President Biden and Border Czar Harris need to step up and do their jobs to secure the border—something they continue failing to do," Renae Eze, a spokesperson for Abbott, said in a statement.

An utterly stupid appraisal of the law, government, basic human decency.  Immigration regulation could have been reformed were it not for the contingency in congress who will not compromise at all and, for the cowards who will not stand up to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

On 12/25/2022 at 1:29 PM, AUFAN78 said:

None of this would be happening if we had a border czar that actually cared about, you know, the border. 

This fake Christian nonsense is partisan clown work. Affects only low IQ individuals. Watch.  

Until we enact immigration reform, this will continue.  Unfortunately, some would rather have this as a political issue.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Until we enact immigration reform, this will continue.  Unfortunately, some would rather have this as a political issue.

Simple question; can you have immigration reform if our borders are wide open?  Wouldn’t the first step be controlling the border?

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Like 1

On 12/25/2022 at 12:57 PM, Didba said:

don't you just love Christians full of hate for non-whites.

not really no. everyone counts or no one counts. i know you were tongue in cheek so it is not an attack on you. christianity is big money and as long as they can throw their "horror" of the week out there for donations which does not have a damn thing to do with love. how refreshing it would be to see certain people meet somewhere and bask in the glory of jesus without bashing those we do not care much for. no money. no politics. no hate. if you are pushing anything like this  in the name of jesus you break his heart over and over again. jesus dies for our sins and what have we done with it? talk a big game and do the same ol crap at the expense and hurt of others. so my best guess is he is still weeping at those who change his words to fit a different narrative that does not have a damn thing to do with love. and folks if you pay attention to what jesus is saying it is simple.jesus is the higher law. he never gave you a list of whom to hate. the truth is many out there make themselves feel better by coming down on others. it makes me want to puke. and i am fine with jesus but not so much with many many churches. come at me. call me a hater all you want. i am not but neither am i a fool. some of you people tried to turn trump into the second coming of jesus. but go ahead and blast me. hell i expect it.

On 12/27/2022 at 7:41 PM, homersapien said:
On 12/27/2022 at 4:08 PM, autigeremt said:

Or when was the last time Democrats did a thing about the immigration crisis? Constructive that is? 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/09/08/republicans-and-democrats-have-different-top-priorities-for-u-s-immigration-policy/

So they conducted a poll? ;D

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, JMWATS said:

I think everyone wants a secure border, but not by just any method.  There are standards of humanity to uphold.

For example, Trump asked if he could deploy the military on the border and have them just "shoot 'em the legs". 

Would that be acceptable to you?

On 12/28/2022 at 7:22 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone:

And then go to St. Croix  

The hypocrisy is rich. This fake Christian nonsense is partisan clown work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I've stated many times I am in favor of border reform. It is indeed badly needed. But we also shouldn't dismiss how badly things are being run presently at our border. 

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6317848339112

8 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

So they conducted a poll? ;D

Yep. 

It reflects the sort of values Democrats might write into an immigration bill, if they had the power to unilaterally do so.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/01/20/fact-sheet-president-biden-sends-immigration-bill-to-congress-as-part-of-his-commitment-to-modernize-our-immigration-system/

Of course, Democrats - and some Republicans - made earlier efforts to addressing immigration (The "DREAM" act.)     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DREAM_Act

"On September 5, 2017 the Trump administration rescinded the program, while pushing Congress to enact a replacement to the legislation prior to the elimination of DACA protections.[41][42][43] The Dream Act of 2017 was introduced on July 20, 2017 by Senators Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Dick Durbin (D-IL), Jeff Flake (R-AZ), and Chuck Schumer (D-NY).[44] With potential to provide a direct process for gaining U.S. citizenship, this bipartisan act has been both championed and scrutinized, but again failed to pass. People eligible for citizenship are those who are undocumented, have DACA or temporary protected status (TPS) (people without lawful immigration status), and who graduate from U.S. high schools and attend college, enter the workforce, or enlist in the military.[44] Several other bills were introduced in 2012 meant to protect undocumented youth, all similar to the Dream Act, but never becoming law.[45]

The 2017 version of the Act would adapt the current law in several ways. It would give DACA beneficiaries permanent resident status and TPS beneficiaries the opportunity to apply for this status.[45] The pathway to U.S. citizenship would be first conditional permanent resident status for 8 years, apply for and receiving LPR status, spending 5 years in LPR status, and lastly applying for and receiving U.S. citizenship.[45] The Act would also terminate the deportation proceedings of anyone meeting the requirements of the Dream Act and those enrolled in elementary or secondary school over 5 years of age. It lastly would improve accessibility to college in-state tuition and financial aid for undocumented youth and immigrants.[45]

11 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

1) The hypocrisy is rich.

2) This fake Christian nonsense is partisan clown work.

1)How dare Biden go on vacation!  What a hypocrite!   :-\

2) It is what it is.   But you nailed it:  "Fake Christian nonsense"

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I've stated many times I am in favor of border reform. It is indeed badly needed. But we also shouldn't dismiss how badly things are being run presently at our border. 

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6317848339112

Yeah, we need to start separating children from their parents again. :-\

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Yep. 

It reflects the sort of values Democrats might write into an immigration bill, if they had the power to unilaterally do so.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/01/20/fact-sheet-president-biden-sends-immigration-bill-to-congress-as-part-of-his-commitment-to-modernize-our-immigration-system/

Of course, Democrats - and some Republicans - made earlier efforts to addressing immigration (The "DREAM" act.)     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DREAM_Act

"On September 5, 2017 the Trump administration rescinded the program, while pushing Congress to enact a replacement to the legislation prior to the elimination of DACA protections.[41][42][43] The Dream Act of 2017 was introduced on July 20, 2017 by Senators Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Dick Durbin (D-IL), Jeff Flake (R-AZ), and Chuck Schumer (D-NY).[44] With potential to provide a direct process for gaining U.S. citizenship, this bipartisan act has been both championed and scrutinized, but again failed to pass. People eligible for citizenship are those who are undocumented, have DACA or temporary protected status (TPS) (people without lawful immigration status), and who graduate from U.S. high schools and attend college, enter the workforce, or enlist in the military.[44] Several other bills were introduced in 2012 meant to protect undocumented youth, all similar to the Dream Act, but never becoming law.[45]

The 2017 version of the Act would adapt the current law in several ways. It would give DACA beneficiaries permanent resident status and TPS beneficiaries the opportunity to apply for this status.[45] The pathway to U.S. citizenship would be first conditional permanent resident status for 8 years, apply for and receiving LPR status, spending 5 years in LPR status, and lastly applying for and receiving U.S. citizenship.[45] The Act would also terminate the deportation proceedings of anyone meeting the requirements of the Dream Act and those enrolled in elementary or secondary school over 5 years of age. It lastly would improve accessibility to college in-state tuition and financial aid for undocumented youth and immigrants.[45]

My response was one of humor homes.