What a bunch of phony, Godless

TexasTiger

5 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Doing the right thing out of fear is meaningless. 

I don't think it's "meaningless."  Immature, yes.  We should do the right thing for deeper reasons than just fear of punishment.  But we should also have a respectful fear of God when we do abominable things.  Even Jesus says as much:

"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."  Matt. 10:28

On 12/25/2022 at 11:34 AM, TexasTiger said:

A*$holes doing this to other humans on Christmas Eve. I hope there’s a special place in Hell for false Christians who falsely evoke God’s name while practicing such cruelty. Greg Abbott & DeSantis— choice of phony Christians everywhere— top the list.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/24/politics/migrants-dropped-off-vice-president-christmas-eve/index.html

When was the last time President Biden visited the border?  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't think it's "meaningless."  Immature, yes.  We should do the right thing for deeper reasons than just fear of punishment.  But we should also have a respectful fear of God when we do abominable things.  Even Jesus says as much:

"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."  Matt. 10:28

Sorry but,,, I don't read that verse with the word "him" as capitalized. 

I believe God wants our love, not our fear.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

32 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

No one else has such power. 

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

And how is that relevant to this thread?

President Biden needs to see the border situation for himself and meet with regional and local officials so he can make informed decisions.  That is a responsibility that he has.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JMWATS said:

President Biden needs to see the border situation for himself and meet with regional and local officials so he can make informed decisions.  That is a responsibility that he has.

Fine. What’s the relevance to this particular thread?

19 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m guessing you don’t even claim to be Christian, do you?

You would be guessing wrong but I'm guessing you will never be the judge of that and thankfully NO one else here will be either.:cheers:

Edited by Son of A Tiger
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, JMWATS said:

When was the last time President Biden visited the border?  

Or when was the last time Democrats did a thing about the immigration crisis? Constructive that is? 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

You would be guessing wrong but I'm guessing you will never be the judge of that and thankfully NO one else here will be either.:cheers:

So you’re just another false one. Got it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

You obviously do not understand the Biblical meaning of fear. Tend to agree with Tex that these people should have been dropped at a prescribed destination. What is the protocol? Was it ignored?

Maybe these drops are the best way to attract attention to a real problem.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

On 12/25/2022 at 2:40 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Neither is allowing cartels to murder countless individuals, but somehow you are okay with it. Congrats?

I missed that part.  Can you find it for me? 

:no:

On 12/26/2022 at 9:02 AM, jj3jordan said:

Did you even read this article? 

It says the recipients were aware and prepared for the buses after being notified. The feds have been dropping off these migrants all over Texas and Florida in the middle of the night for two years of Biden and Harris.  Is your complaint about Christians related to the weather report? Yes 18 sounds very cold but the low Saturday morning at my house in Florida was 16. These migrants were going to be dropped somewhere in the US on Christmas Eve by the Biden administration. Where would you have recommended? Was it the choice of Harris house and the city? Question: Did Harris open her door and let the migrants into her very large and very warm house? 

The article says they were taken to shelters that were ready for them. So your primary complaint is the location of the drop off.  Is that wrong? Would it be  better to drop them in Florida where it is 16 degrees and there are no shelters available or if there are no notification to be ready?  Is the complaint that nobody gave them a coat? Seems like a simple solution to the t-shirt issue. 

Standard complaint from you Tex.  Bash Christians, bash republicans, don’t offer solutions, don’t even analyze the problem accurately before assigning blame and assassinating everybody’s character. Perhaps you could offer some of these good people some space on your ranch out there in Texas. 

These people could follow the laws of our country. The president and vice president could enforce the laws of our country. 

You Betcha.

This was all a good faith effort on Gov. Abbott's part to take care of a couple of busloads of refugees and their children.  Very CHRISTIAN of him!  What an inspiration he is for our CHRISTIAN nation.

:-\

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 2

3 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Or when was the last time Democrats did a thing about the immigration crisis? Constructive that is? 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/09/08/republicans-and-democrats-have-different-top-priorities-for-u-s-immigration-policy/

September 8, 2022

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

And you are a faultless one. Got it.

Nope. But you’re stating a position that couldn’t be further away from Christ’s teaching on this issue.

Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone:

And then go to St. Croix  

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Since this article points out that Abott is doing a bad job of managing the border. What organization can be leveraged to force him out of the equation and take over management and control of the border?

• Like 1

Jesus, His message of love have been lost to "christianity". 

Politics, power, money are the modern "church". 

The "christians" have devoured the followers of Jesus.  The religion has displaced it's God.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Could or couldn't?  What did He say about this issue?

Couldn’t.

I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.
Matthew 25:35

Truly I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of my brethren you did it to me.
Matthew 25:40

From Old Testament

You shall also love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
Deuteronomy 10:19 

The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.
Leviticus 19:34 

‘Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow.’ Then all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’
Deuteronomy 27:19

There are many others.

• Thanks 1