Is Finley staying?

gr82b4au

8 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Just wondering 

It’s floating around that he is finishing his degree so he can be a grad transfer and go back to Louisiana to play with his brother at Southeast Louisiana. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

It’s floating around that he is finishing his degree so he can be a grad transfer and go back to Louisiana to play with his brother at Southeast Louisiana. 

Yeah. I think if he leaves now he has to sit out. ( I could be getting bad info though)  If he waits and gets his degree he can transfer and play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

10 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Yeah. I think if he leaves now he has to sit out. ( I could be getting bad info though)  If he waits and gets his degree he can transfer and play. 

Makes sense and sounds like the smart move for him.

Just hate he didn't find the success here that he and all of us had hoped for.

• Like 4

i loved tj but he threw the team under the bus and i have not managed to g4t past that yet. they could have thrown him under the bus with some of his play. yalll go ahead and bang me but you guys know i am not hater.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i loved tj but he threw the team under the bus and i have not managed to g4t past that yet. they could have thrown him under the bus with some of his play. yalll go ahead and bang me but you guys know i am not hater.

Yeah I pretty much agree. He’s shown at LSU and Auburn he doesn’t really have what it takes to compete in the SEC. And the way he ghosted the team and was ready to jump ship in the back half of the season, he showed his backside. I hope he goes somewhere he can be successful and we have another roster spot open for someone who wants to be here when things are going well and through adversity. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Yeah I pretty much agree. He’s shown at LSU and Auburn he doesn’t really have what it takes to compete in the SEC. And the way he ghosted the team and was ready to jump ship in the back half of the season, he showed his backside. I hope he goes somewhere he can be successful and we have another roster spot open for someone who wants to be here when things are going well and through adversity. 

i wish him all the luck in the world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Is this Charles Barkley? Go ahead and bang me? 🤣

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Is this Charles Barkley? Go ahead and bang me? 🤣

i love when you talk dirty to me suga...........so where is my christmas present?

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

I'd be surprised if he is here next Fall. 

if i am not it means i am dead..............lol

• Haha 3

Seems like a good kid and he gave it his best shot.  Injury derailed last year when he was the best option for the offense Harsin was running.  Not sure if he fits what Freeze wants to do and I don’t think anyone would blame him if he looked elsewhere.  

Auburn is a program of ironies -- the latest being that after years of hearing people gloat over freeze"s malik willis qb development magic we are now faced with a couple qb's that should fall in his development wheelhouse.. On one hand i hope we get a transfer on the otherhand i hope he is forced to showcase his development talents. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Auburn is a program of ironies -- the latest being that after years of hearing people gloat over freeze"s malik willis qb development magic we are now faced with a couple qb's that should fall in his development wheelhouse.. On one hand i hope we get a transfer on the otherhand i hope he is forced to showcase his development talents. 

You’d always want to upgrade any and all positions if you have the chance, QB included. Has nothing to do with developing your current rosters spots imo. 

• Like 1

While TJ has had flashes of excellence, he looks like the same QB that started against us in 2020…loose with the ball, making bad decisions, etc. He played a lot after that but still was making the same mistakes and often. Lack of coaching? His fumble against Ole Miss was just being sloppy. I’m hoping Robby and Holden hang around and CHF lands a stud from the portal!

Y’all. Quit badmouthing current Auburn players. Mods, isn’t there a rule against character attacks of current players on here?

Finley got hurt last year, and didn’t want to go back out behind that terrible line and make his injury worse. Harsin tried to force a lot of guys on the field unnecessarily last year including Landon King, who everyone is speaking fondly of. Stop with the Finley attacks. He’s not a great QB. But there’s no reason to trash his character for how he responded to that awful coaching staff.

12 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Y’all. Quit badmouthing current Auburn players. Mods, isn’t there a rule against character attacks of current players on here?

Finley got hurt last year, and didn’t want to go back out behind that terrible line and make his injury worse. Harsin tried to force a lot of guys on the field unnecessarily last year including Landon King, who everyone is speaking fondly of. Stop with the Finley attacks. He’s not a great QB. But there’s no reason to trash his character for how he responded to that awful coaching staff.

Can you point out who above badmouthed/attacked/trashed Finley’s character? It doesn’t seem to me that anyone attacked Finley, at least not any more than you did with your statement “He’s not a great QB” 🤷‍♂️

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finley is not the type of QB that would flourish in a Hugh Freeze offense.

Finley does not have the talent to play QB in the SEC.  He has proven that at two different SEC schools (LSU, AU).

Finley does have the talent to play QB at a lower school, and I hope for his sake and ours, he pursues that.  He deserves the chance to play there, and we deserve the open scholarship to give to a true D1 QB.

Sometimes, it's better for a player and fans to part ways.  This is one of those times.

Goodbye TJ, and good luck to you.  I know your stay wasn't pleasant here.  It wasn't for us either. 

Edited by WillMunny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1