2023 Portal Discussion Thread

toddc

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Me too. I don’t know who she is but she’s Purdy.

Pretty sure it's Sabrina Carpenter. She's a singer/actress. She was on Girl Meets World on Disney (I have kids).

image.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I want the UTSA wr

#soft

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I want the UTSA wr

FWIW JHead thinks he will be a tough get. Thinks Oregon will be tough to beat because ZF's former OC is there now & apparently Phil Knight is pulling all the NIL stops out to put talent around Bo.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

I want the UTSA wr

ON WHO WILL BE COURTING USTA WR ZAKHARI FRANKLIN

"He's definitely one of the best receivers in the country. It certainly was a little bit of a shock for UTSA. I don't think they were expecting to see this. This is a guy who has definitely been tampered with throughout the offseason. There are a ton of teams that need an impact wide receiver. Nothing's really set for Franklin right now. But if you just look at the list of teams that need a receiver, you've got teams like LSU, Florida, Auburn and TCU that need a receiver. Everybody needs a playmaker of this level. He's the best player in the portal right now. He's not going to be short on options."

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, toddc said:

ON WHO WILL BE COURTING USTA WR ZAKHARI FRANKLIN

"He's definitely one of the best receivers in the country. It certainly was a little bit of a shock for UTSA. I don't think they were expecting to see this. This is a guy who has definitely been tampered with throughout the offseason. There are a ton of teams that need an impact wide receiver. Nothing's really set for Franklin right now. But if you just look at the list of teams that need a receiver, you've got teams like LSU, Florida, Auburn and TCU that need a receiver. Everybody needs a playmaker of this level. He's the best player in the portal right now. He's not going to be short on options."

Best WR by far, IMO

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW JHead thinks he will be a tough get. Thinks Oregon will be tough to beat because ZF's former OC is there now & apparently Phil Knight is pulling all the NIL stops out to put talent around Bo.

Makes sense, Bo is now one of the top QB's in the country, he's has proven he can produce in Oregon's system & he'll get the ball to his playmakers. 

Edited by JerryAU
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Best WR by far, IMO

On3 has Keon Coleman ranked right behind him in terms of uncommitted transfers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Get him on campus 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 10:50 AM, toddc said:

Get him on campus 

I had to open the tweet to see the AU logo. Was getting worried. 

Do we have an updated list of our main WR portal targets now that we have Thorne? I've lost track except for Thorne's ex-teammate Keon Coleman and Zakhari Franklin, who it sounds like will join Bo at Oregon. 

edit: here's 247's & ON3's list of top uncommitted portal WR's. I believe we've spoken with Craig & Hudson also, correct? 

image.png image.png

Edited by HAPvsOA
added top avail. 247 & ON3 portal receivers

On 5/3/2023 at 7:13 PM, ellitor said:

A Payton Thorne thread has been created. Please direct your posts on him here.

Good timing!

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

The ball is rolling 

OH MY LANTA! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Since Freeze and staff arrived they got the ball rolling now it is rolling down hill and picking up momentum. They got the QB they wanted and are now working on the WR's they want plus keep looking for depth in other areas.  We could end up being pretty darn good this year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Since Freeze and staff arrived they got the ball rolling now it is rolling down hill and picking up momentum. They got the QB they wanted and are now working on the WR's they want plus keep looking for depth in other areas.  We could end up being pretty darn good this year.

I still think we are a few years from being good, but we will definitely be better, and at least competitive. What this Coach has done is frankly unbelievable.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

About to add 2-3 receivers, another lineman, and some good defensive pieces. Auburn is going to be the most unpredictable team next year. I don’t know the numbers but I think the majority of this roster is going to be Freeze’s additions before long.

Wr: 2 

IOL: 1 

Edge: 1 

LB: 1 

S: 1 

I could see it breakdown like this 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

The ball is rolling 

This would honestly excite me more than Payton - I was watching the 2022 Michigan game and this guy just babied their DBs. You can get to the 3rd quarter and pretty much the only note worthy highlights from State's offense is jump pass to him or Jayden Reed (Tucker looked really bad as a decision maker in that game lol). 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This would honestly excite me more than Payton - I was watching the 2022 Michigan game and this guy just babied their DBs. You can get to the 3rd quarter and pretty much the only note worthy highlights from State's offense is jump pass to him or Jayden Reed (Tucker looked really bad as a decision maker in that game lol). 

Michigan State is very much a northern Auburn.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

The ball is rolling 

There is conflicting info on if he will be here or not

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

There is conflicting info on if he will be here or not

Gracious 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Gracious 

Let me clarify,  the main beat writers have conflicting info