2023 Portal Discussion Thread

toddc

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

If I recall I think the talk was him going down to D3 to join his brother at some small directional school in Louisiana…..I think D3 might have some different rules regarding transfers from D1/D2 but honestly this stuff is extremely confusing and it’s no wonder universities have an army of staff to weed through this.  

What I have noticed is what we refer to simply as a “grad transfer” they refer to as “post graduate transfer” or “post graduate athlete”….they are all the same. 

This is the first sentence of the article you linked:

Student-athletes who will enroll at another school after graduating are now allowed to enter the Transfer Portal at any time, the Division I Council decided during its virtual meeting Wednesday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, bigbird said:

McCall isn't coming. We moved on

I am just resolved to the fact that he is the 2023 version of Lache Seastrunk.  

We’ll be waiting for Auburn to take the field for game 1 and some will still have hope that McCall miraculously runs out of the tunnel with the team.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7vgtlf2nfhw5q5yqy9x

Going to speak this into existence now.

Kid grew up in Illinois and went to school at Mich St. God have mercy on his soul when he steps outside for the first time in full pads in August. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

This is the first sentence of the article you linked:

Student-athletes who will enroll at another school after graduating are now allowed to enter the Transfer Portal at any time, the Division I Council decided during its virtual meeting Wednesday. 

Correct.  They can enter at anytime. 

However you failed to read the rest of it…

Grad transfers have to be in the portal by MAY 1 to be eligible for fall sports.  

Postgraduate students will be subject to deadlines to enter the Transfer Portal:

• Fall and winter sports: May 1.
  • Spring sports: July 1.
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, bigbird said:

McCall isn't coming. We moved on

Bird be like 

image.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I am just resolved to the fact that he is the 2023 version of Lache Seastrunk.  

We’ll be waiting for Auburn to take the field for game 1 and some will still have hope that McCall miraculously runs out of the tunnel with the team.  

image.jpeg.2c7d42e565e81a3e69d0d54a8dbe4502.jpeg

24 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Correct.  They can enter at anytime. 

However you failed to read the rest of it…

Grad transfers have to be in the portal by MAY 1 to be eligible for fall sports.  

Postgraduate students will be subject to deadlines to enter the Transfer Portal:

• Fall and winter sports: May 1.
  • Spring sports: July 1.

I didn’t fail to read it. I read it differently and still think it is a confusing document. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aujohnson said:

I didn’t fail to read it. I read it differently and still think it is a confusing document. 

To me the 2nd comment is not about transfer ability but about eligibility. I bet coaches wanted this rule to help manage rosters. They can transfer anywhere anytime once graduated, but eligibility is managed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

It wasn’t Kiffin….it was some Michigan State fan that tweeted it then AU Rivals responded with a tweet about them calling Mel Tucker “the Portal King” and I think people saw that and automatically assumed Kiffin.

That's how I read it, I know Kiffin gave himself that nickname last year so that was the only portal King I had heard of. That's my fault and thank you for clearing that up.

7 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

McCall didn’t enter the portal by the deadline to play this fall so those rumors can officially rest in peace. 

If he graduates can he not enter anytime?

Nevermind...just read the other part about May 1sf

Edited by tbone4jc
I'm slow

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Bird be like 

image.gif

I really like the GIF you used 😍

28 minutes ago, DAG said:

If we did tamper, it is about damn time. Get over it, Michigan state.

We just got a lot more dangerous if we are blatantly tampering LOL

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I really like the GIF you used 😍

Me too. I don’t know who she is but she’s Purdy.

9 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

The risk here is that IF Thompson is ready to commit or move on, but we slow play him waiting on Thorne, we better be extremely confident that Thorne is in.  This seems like an unnecessary risk unless the staff is A.  Much higher on Thorne than Thompson AND B.  Very confident that Thorne is coming to AU.  
If we slow play Thompson, he moves on, and then Thorne decides to go somewhere else we’re forced to live off of McCall rumors until mid-August.  🤦‍♂️

Sounds like we’re getting Thorne but my god does the “thank you” gif from The Office apply here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Maybe it’s too soon, but can I start begging for the OSU WR now that our QB sitch may be taken care of?

It is never to soon to want Burton at Auburn.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And I want that WR as well!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Maybe it’s too soon, but can I start begging for the OSU WR now that our QB sitch may be taken care of?

If I have to ckoose I'd rather have Coleman.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

dominos-falling.gif

As I have been saying for the past 4+ months, in most cases you have to get the QB before you get the WRs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

The HS WR from Phenix Central?   YES!!!  But we need some help this year! 

@AUpreacherman22No. The Michigan St. Coleman.