2023 Portal Discussion Thread

toddc

16 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Twitter is going nuts about something.  J Lee's call in show was saying they brought Casey in through Freeze's personal car entrance. 

https://twitter.com/ZacEtheridge4/status/1652836903522058241?s=20

WTH is a personal car entrance.  I picture a road into campus with no cars but Freeze's.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

WTH is a personal car entrance.  I picture a road into campus with no cars but Freeze's.  LOL

F8042036-D463-4A7E-B799-1ED0C83AC9C5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Probably an edge rusher or 2? We need this as bad as we need a QB, imo.

Agreed on the need for an edge rusher. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

XutxT1.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, dilligas said:

I think Jalen McLeod is one of them and I’m guessing Casey Thompson is the other.

I hope So. That will solve our two biggest problems.

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Apparently there is a garage or gate of some nature that Freeze ,or whoever the head coach is, can enter presumably to not be bothered by press.  This would be in the new facility 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Thanks 1

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, toddc said:

I'm sure we have gotten a defensive player's commit and it will be announced anytime now but who do you think it is? Jalen McLeod?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Apparently there is a garage or gate of some nature that Freeze ,or whoever the head coach is, can enter presumably to not be bothered by press.  This would be in the new facility 

61n79n.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Does this mean anything?  Just the LB visit?

The thinking is McCleod is in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dilligas said:

I’m guessing Casey Thompson is the other.

Any other right now is more likely on defense also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, toddc said:

Tucker is already on the hot seat article from yesterday

But on the heels of this news, renewed criticism has been levied Mel Tucker's way. Fans are wondering how the Spartans' head coach could have let both Thorne and Keon Coleman walk. 

The unfortunate combination of Tucker's transfer portal shortcomings and his lofty salary have made him a hot seat candidate in the minds of some fans. 

"Mel Tucker’s 3 seasons at MSU: 2-5, 11-2, 5-7. Starting QB and best WR reportedly enter the transfer portal. Tucker makes 9.5 million a year I think his job is on the line this fall. It’s officially hot seat time in the Spartans HC’s office in East Lansing."

• Haha 1

• Like 1

So the portal is closed now?  J Lee and the On3 guys sounded a little concerned Gernier May jump in last minute.  

Hasn’t Mel recruited really well the past couple seasons to MSU?  Like better than MSU usually recruits?  The contract is dumb but recruiting usually takes a couple years to pay off.  

45 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Their extension was almost as bad as Gus'

Might be worse.  I think it is fully guaranteed 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

So the portal is closed now?

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@Win4AU For undergrads.

I wouldn't be shocked if a few names still trickle out.  Schools have 48 hours to add your name in once requested, right?  So if you sent the request to your school at 11:59am....it might take a day or two to process and then officially be in.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Most people are unaware of this, but there is a network of tunnels (wide and tall enough for service vehicles) beneath the central Auburn campus connecting each of the main buildings/event spaces together so that Aubie can travel quickly from one venue to the next.  Coaches and staff use it often.

If you Venmo me $250 I can get you a temporary pass.

Another fun fact, trash cans on campus are never more than 30 feet apart to encourage a clean and pleasing looking environment.  The idea was inspired by Walt Disney.

46 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Most people are unaware of this, but there is a network of tunnels (wide and tall enough for service vehicles) beneath the central Auburn campus connecting each of the main buildings/event spaces together so that Aubie can travel quickly from one venue to the next.  Coaches and staff use it often.

If you Venmo me $250 I can get you a temporary pass.

Another fun fact, trash cans on campus are never more than 30 feet apart to encourage a clean and pleasing looking environment.  The idea was inspired by Walt Disney.

I’ve also heard that on occasion if you miss the trash can, Mickey Mouse will appear and pick up said trash.