2023 Portal Discussion Thread

toddc

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

" That's why he is where he is in life". Come on bro... I ain't gotta dog in yalls fight and Bird don't need me sticking up for him and I have no idea where Bird is " in life " but according to your post u seem to have made it " in life". No need to drag someone else down Bro, Be grateful for what you have.

The only thing he has is an undeserved holier than thou complex 

(this isn’t in reference to my guy Bird, btw) 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Has he had any successes here?

No but neither has Bo for the most part. I took success in the OP as in landing a big time recruit, not success at AU.

46 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

why is it many on here dissed to notre dame QB? bama is looking to offer him a scholly if they have not already done so. unless this kids dad and nick are friends why would nick offer if he is no good? what am i missing here? different O systems?

Tommy Reese was his OC, QB coach and recruiter at ND.   Reese is now the OC at Bama.   Would make perfect sense to go there.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ellitor said:

No but neither has Bo for the most part. I took success in the OP as in landing a big time recruit, not success at AU.

Gotcha, I took it as success landing a QB

Just now, aubaseball said:

Tommy Reese was his OC, QB coach and recruiter at ND.   Reese is now the OC at Bama.   Would make perfect sense to go there.   

He also entered the portal with the "do not contact"  option

• Like 2

Just now, bigbird said:

Gotcha, I took it as success landing a QB

same. At least a quality 1. Unfortunately for Gus and us at the time, the word was out in the foorball world by then that Gus couldn't develop QBs so it was very difficult to recruit over Bo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

He also entered the portal with the "do not contact"  option

Makes sense and possibly already has his mind made up 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

thanx for taking the time to answer! you win today's "YOU ROCK" award. see golf for what you won................

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

same. At least a quality 1. Unfortunately for Gus and us at the time, the word was out in the foorball world by then that Gus couldn't develop QBs so it was very difficult to recruit over Bo.

How seriously are we looking at this cat from Notre Dame?

10 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Like the others above said, his former ND offensive coordinator or QB coach is now the OC at Bama. He also had "do not contact" set as he entered the portal. More than likely, he goes to Bama. So I'd say we're not seriously looking at him, that's just my guess. 

7 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Of course, more insults, shy on facts. I feel bad for you, but I guess that’s why you are, where you are in life. If you worked for me, (of course, I would never hire you) if say, one of my partners hired you, here would be some of your feedback.

Point 1. You seem to have a problem when you’re wrong and you have trouble admitting when you’re mistaken and feel you always have to be right.

Point 2. Please understand you’re not very intelligent, so you’re certainly going to be wrong sometimes.

Point 3. So when point 2 happens, you really need to work on Point 1.

Now back to point 2. At your age, I doubt you’re going to inherit any more wisdom or intelligence than you already have. So for your own sake and for the sake of others working around and with you, I would recommend you work on Point 1.

Now it is your turn… Questions for me?

God I admire you. 

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

AU is trying to get him to visit. That's all I've seen.

5 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

So I'd say we're not seriously looking at him, that's just my guess. 

@AUINSY Did you miss gr82be's post earlier this morning that said we are trying to get him to visit per JLee?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUINSY Did you miss gr82be's post earlier this morning that said we are trying to get him to visit per JLee?

I don't think I did see it. I'd assume our chances aren't great. Personally, I’d doubt he’d even give us a visit. 

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

So Walker White doesn't exist?

I suppose I should be more deliberate in what I type. I meant QBs that will be on the roster when this upcoming season kicks off and really was referencing the years prior to Freeze's arrival. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

I don't think I did see it. I'd assume our chances aren't great. Personally, I’d doubt he’d even give us a visit. 

Not necessarily, if e.g. Bama's looking at him for probable depth but we're looking at him to start while bringing Holden along he may be very interested in taking a short drive to discuss things w/ Hugh & co.

16 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Not necessarily, if e.g. Bama's looking at him for probable depth but we're looking at him to start while bringing Holden along he may be very interested in taking a short drive to discuss things w/ Hugh & co.

From the sound of things, Bama needs a new QB almost as bad as, if maybe not more than, we do. If this is my last opportunity to audition for the NFL as a QB, I’m not going to AU when Bama has my previous OC/QB coach and the talent on the team.

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Some of the ancient wisdom that I've gained ...never assume your the smartest person in the room, never presume another's status, and never draw attention to your mistakes.  0-3 is a bad way to start the day 

Ancient Wisdom ... Dang that means Golf is a genius 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, alabastertiger said:

Ancient Wisdom ... Dang that means Golf is a genius 

Who do you think I heard it from

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I don't get the credit, that was gr82b4au. We're the same but different 😁

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I don't get the credit, that was gr82b4au. We're the same but different 😁

I was talking about him, not you. Just didn't feel like typing the whole name out.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

thanx for taking the time to answer! you win today's "YOU ROCK" award. see golf for what you won................

50% discount on a golf lesson which means you only pay $150 bucks for a 2 hour session....great deal trust me 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

50% discount on a golf lesson which means you only pay $150 bucks for a 2 hour session....great deal trust me 

How about a case of PBR?

31 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

How about a case of PBR?

I hear they’re giving away Bud Light these days…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1