2023 Portal Discussion Thread

toddc

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

dude you are such a loser. you are like herpes..........you just show up and ruin the whole day for folks. hell flies that eat sh*t and bother people have a better rep than you do. you just cannot leave any doubt to anyone that you are a moron. give a rest. i can go stalker mode like you tend to do and i can hound you for weeks. bird has been a valuable member of this board but instead using him as a positive on this board you have let people cloud your mind.

Dude.... quit being mean.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:
4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Of course, more insults, shy on facts. I feel bad for you, but I guess that’s why you are, where you are in life. If you worked for me, (of course, I would never hire you) if say, one of my partners hired you, here would be some of your feedback.

Point 1. You seem to have a problem when you’re wrong and you have trouble admitting when you’re mistaken and feel you always have to be right.

Point 2. Please understand you’re not very intelligent, so you’re certainly going to be wrong sometimes.

Point 3. So when point 2 happens, you really need to work on Point 1.

Now back to point 2. At your age, I doubt you’re going to inherit any more wisdom or intelligence than you already have. So for your own sake and for the sake of others working around and with you, I would recommend you work on Point 1.

Now it is your turn… Questions for me?

This is, no joke one of the first times a post has made me laugh out loud in my office. 

I mean, this line alone;   Point 2. Please understand you’re not very intelligent, so you’re certainly going to be wrong sometimes.

Gold, pure comedic genius!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you are like herpes..........you just show up and ruin the whole day for folks.

spit-take-old-white-man.gif

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

This is, no joke one of the first times a post has made me laugh out loud in my office. 

I mean, this line alone;   Point 2. Please understand you’re not very intelligent, so you’re certainly going to be wrong sometimes.

i have tried to be nice and have offered to hang with the young man. mims you have been mean to me before. i value my friends and bird is one of them 24 runs with some folks that lie continually. but i am glad you liked my joke. i try to be funny is a way people might figure out i am not as mad as one my think but folks miss it. but mims me and you could a thang on here if you wanted..................

23 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

can i ask why this cat is being an ass and telling lies you aske me to quit being mean instead of him? just curious.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@gr82b4au If he's an upgrade to what we have now, then no.

Well it shows there is no other plan for a portal QB, or the plan fell through. 
If we were so sure that we had our quarterback, we would not bring this guy in for a visit… And On3 says we are trying to make this happen, which reeks of desperation. 

FYI: This is not on HF or the current staff. They have done everything they can the last 5 months to try and fix 1 million problems. The entire roster needed an overhaul. There was just not enough time in the first portal period (he had been on the job like a month) and the second one was a bust. It just is sad that we are where we are with QBs and it does not appear there will be a quick fix in time for the 23 season. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

It just is sad that we are where we are with QBs and it does not appear there will be a quick fix in time for the 23 season. 

It really is a marvel how poorly the QB position has been handled. Bo Nix really seems the last time any success has been had recruiting that position. I hope the defense plays above their heads this season, because it's hard to see how we don't look like a triple option team again with the roster we have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Bo Nix really seems the last time any success has been had recruiting that position.

And he was always going to go to Auburn. He was a Legacy. I mean his name is Bo for goodness sakes hahaha 

all we had to do is offer him a scholarship.

It looks like we have our future quarterback in this class, which is a tribute to how amazing of a recruiter HF can be… 

• Like 3

We are going to get a QB. No way Hugh doesn’t at least bring in one other guy to compete. I don’t think TJ is going to be here much longer. 

13 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

It really is a marvel how poorly the QB position has been handled. Bo Nix really seems the last time any success has been had recruiting that position. I hope the defense plays above their heads this season, because it's hard to see how we don't look like a triple option team again with the roster we have. 

The jury is still out on Holden. Holden was a pretty high profile QB out of high school and can hopefully still get it together. He’s just a RS frosh and unfortunately he spent his RS year being mentored and coached by a couple of guys who had no business coaching him.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

We are going to get a QB. No way Hugh doesn’t at least bring in one other guy to compete. I don’t think TJ is going to be here much longer. 

I just don’t think HF has any good portal options at the moment. I think he wants a guy that has started before and is somewhat competent. This ND QB is the only one in the portal that barely fits this narrative (and he is going to Alabama if they want him). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The jury is still out on Holden. Holden was a pretty high profile QB out of high school and can hopefully still get it together. He’s just a RS frosh and unfortunately he spent his RS year being mentored and coached by a couple of guys who had no business coaching him.

Actually, he was pretty much ignored by Papas fritas.  

From what I'm hearing, they may ride with HG/RA but it's not from a lack of trying, they arent overwhelmed by what's in the portal for QBs. 

• Like 3

The QB issues really arose once Bo signed and Gus wouldn't or couldn't recruit over or around him.  3 classes of nothing

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

can i ask why this cat is being an ass and telling lies you aske me to quit being mean instead of him? just curious.

One day Fifty.

One day you will know when I'm joking :lol: 

And to keep this on track... back on track... something.

25 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Actually, he was pretty much ignored by Papas fritas.  

From what I'm hearing, they may ride with HG/RA but it's not from a lack of trying, they arent overwhelmed by what's in the portal for QBs. 

Is this the general thought from most super genius posters? And by that I mean the people that have to... *ahem* 

understand they're not very intelligent, so certainly going to be wrong sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

the plan fell through

@gr82b4au That's been explained many times by McCall's having to be stuck at CCU.

If we were so sure that we had our quarterback, we would not bring this guy in for a visit… And On3 says we are trying to make this happen, which reeks of desperation. 

Who has said that? Haven't seen it from Hoke or JLee and in terms of On3 sources for AU info they are the only 1s that matter.

it does not appear there will be a quick fix in time for the 23 season. 

Regardless we still win 7-8 and make a bowl game this season.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Who has said that? Haven't seen it from Hoke or JLee and in terms of On3 sources for AU info they are the only 1s that matter.

Jlee

posted it about an hour ago 

6 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

One day Fifty.

One day you will know when I'm joking :lol: 

And to keep this on track... back on track... something.

Is this the general thought from most super genius posters? And by that I mean the people that have to... *ahem* 

understand they're not very intelligent, so certainly going to be wrong sometimes.

to be fair mims i have always you are one of many that do not care for me. i have always felt that. my apologies sir.

54 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Bo Nix really seems the last time any success has been had recruiting that position

So Walker White doesn't exist?

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Jlee

posted it about an hour ago 

Gotcha. Hadn't looked over there yet this morning.

why is it many on here dissed to notre dame QB? bama is looking to offer him a scholly if they have not already done so. unless this kids dad and nick are friends why would nick offer if he is no good? what am i missing here? different O systems?

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

why is it many on here dissed to notre dame QB? bama is looking to offer him a scholly if they have not already done so. unless this kids dad and nick are friends why would nick offer if he is no good? what am i missing here? different O systems?

His stats aren't all that great from what I'm gathering.

However, I'm a go with the HC kinda guy, until they prove I shouldn't be. If HF wants him, I hope we get him.

If HF couldn't care less about him, then neither do I :lol: 

It should be known I did the same with Harsin for a full season as well though LMAO

• Love 2

8 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

His stats aren't all that great from what I'm gathering.

However, I'm a go with the HC kinda guy, until they prove I shouldn't be. If HF wants him, I hope we get him.

If HF couldn't care less about him, then neither do I :lol: 

It should be known I did the same with Harsin for a full season as well though LMAO

harsin had me fired up. there is no shame in admitting it. when he fired out receiver coach i stated changing my mind about him.

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

So Walker White doesn't exist?

Has he had any successes here?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

However, I'm a go with the HC kinda guy, until they prove I shouldn't be

INCOMING!!!

Talk about opening a can of worms!

Don't you understand taking that position is a cardinal sin... according to two.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

The QB issues really arose once Bo signed and Gus wouldn't or couldn't recruit over or around him.  3 classes of nothing

Why Auburn is Auburn today.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, woodford said:

Why Auburn is Auburn today.

It's not a hard trail to follow.  Some just don't like where the path leads 

• Like 2