2023 Portal Discussion Thread

toddc

16 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am sure SMU is putting up a lotta moolah in an NIL deal to get him but I seriously doubt that they are buying his mother a house. Maybe helping her to sign a mortgage predicated on her income and income son would get from NIL deal. Not everything people say about NIL promises are 100% true.

Rumors are flying that this is the house....

image.png

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

Rumors are flying that this is the house....

image.png

I wouldn't turn it down...Unless you look at Lashlee's history of producing draft-worthy receivers at Auburn, Miami, and SMU and you could get a house twice as nice to be a Freeze-coached, drafted WR 😂🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, metafour said:

He was a True Freshman with 14 receptions for TCU. Most certainly not their leading receiver.

My fault. It was Colorado's leading WR, Jordyn Tyson, that said he plans to enter the portal. Got my Jordan's mixed up. Colorado has a few WR's in the portal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

My fault. It was Colorado's leading WR, Jordyn Tyson, that said he plans to enter the portal. Got my Jordan's mixed up. Colorado has a few WR's in the portal.

Err Jordan

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

If he chooses SMU over us, don't feel too bad because Oklahoma, Tennessee, West Virginia and several more schools are going after him pretty hard. So if he chooses SMU, then there will be other big schools missing out on him besides us. 

Somehow this does not make me feel better 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think its because those schools have other options and aren't reliant on finding our starting roster through the transfer portal. Lol. It hurts us way more than it hurts them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I've seen some on here saying he is supposed to visit us this weekend. If he does visit, that kinda makes me think that we may have someone coming in at QB. If you're getting offers from schools with good QB's and you still make a visit to Auburn knowing we currently have TJ, Robby and Holden as our 3 QB's, you either really love Auburn or you have been told that another QB is coming in. 

Do you kinda feel this way too or is it just wishful thinking on my part?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I've seen some on here saying he is supposed to visit us this weekend. If he does visit, that kinda makes me think that we may have someone coming in at QB. If you're getting offers from schools with good QB's and you still make a visit to Auburn knowing we currently have TJ, Robby and Holden as our 3 QB's, you either really love Auburn or you have been told that another QB is coming in. 

I can’t imagine us telling him we have a qb lined up that isn’t public knowledge yet. If we do I hope he’s tweet happy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I agree. Also, why would he leave TCU for SMU? Wasn't he TCU's leading WR last season? This doesn't make sense.

He also played in Garland, it's right there

• Thanks 1

Just now, bigbird said:

He also played in Garland, it's right there

Aren't you supposed to be funneling Texas kids to Auburn?

Fireworkssauce GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Auburn offers Colorado WR transfer Montana Lemonious-Craig

Cole Pinkston

(Bradford/Getty Images)

Auburn football on Monday extended an offer to Colorado transfer wide receiver Montana Lemonious-Craig.

Lemonious-Craig who is a third-year junior from Inglewood (Cal.) announced the offer on Twitter along with many other offers: UCF, Penn State, Colorado State, Arizona, Washington State, Liberty, USF, and Tennessee State.

Listed at 6-foot-2 190 pounds, Lemonious-Craig played in 25 career games, starting 12 while at Colorado. He has 33 receptions for 482 yards and five touchdowns in his career.

In 2022, Lemonious-Craig had 23 catches 359 yards and 3 touchdowns. 

In last Saturday’s spring game, Lemonious-Craig had a 98 yard touchdown reception. He finished the game with 154 yards receiving.

Lemonious-Craig was named first-team Academic All-Colorado by the Colorado Chapter of the National Football Foundation his true freshman season in 2020 according to cubuffs.com. He majors in Communication with a minor is Sports Media.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I want to believe!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, toddc said:

Auburn offers Colorado WR transfer Montana Lemonious-Craig

Cole Pinkston

(Bradford/Getty Images)

Auburn football on Monday extended an offer to Colorado transfer wide receiver Montana Lemonious-Craig.

Lemonious-Craig who is a third-year junior from Inglewood (Cal.) announced the offer on Twitter along with many other offers: UCF, Penn State, Colorado State, Arizona, Washington State, Liberty, USF, and Tennessee State.

Listed at 6-foot-2 190 pounds, Lemonious-Craig played in 25 career games, starting 12 while at Colorado. He has 33 receptions for 482 yards and five touchdowns in his career.

In 2022, Lemonious-Craig had 23 catches 359 yards and 3 touchdowns. 

In last Saturday’s spring game, Lemonious-Craig had a 98 yard touchdown reception. He finished the game with 154 yards receiving.

Lemonious-Craig was named first-team Academic All-Colorado by the Colorado Chapter of the National Football Foundation his true freshman season in 2020 according to cubuffs.com. He majors in Communication with a minor is Sports Media.

Wonder why he is leaving Prime Time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Wonder why he is leaving Prime Time

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that as a player Deon Sanders is one of those guys who you either embrace and love or he annoys the living sh*t out of you and he's just too extra. I would hate playing for a guy like Prime, personally. Too much ego for me. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that as a player Deon Sanders is one of those guys who you either embrace and love or he annoys the living sh*t out of you and he's just too extra. I would hate playing for a guy like Prime, personally. Too much ego for me. 

Pretty much all big time college coaches have big egos 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Pretty much all big time college coaches have big egos 

Nah not like Prime Time. That dude is a walking billboard for egomaniacs anonymous. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Where ?

I’ve heard it on a couple podcast.  JayG shut it down on his most recent pod but just thought it was odd.  

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Why does Bo Nix’s name keep coming up?  

Probably b/c he used to play here and people want a Cinderella story. Based on a little bit of the shade he’s thrown our way in the last few weeks (saying he’s having fun, running with the “dark horse for Heisman” meme, appreciating his current fan base that supports him), I wouldn’t count on him even giving us a look. I also don’t/wouldn’t blame him, he’s living his best life over in Eugene with soft defenses and above average/good-but-not-great teammates to showcase his abilities. 

• Like 1