2023 Portal Discussion Thread

toddc

Come on guys this is recruiting forum. Take it to the “Octagon “ forum please 🙏 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

Come on guys this is recruiting forum. Take it to the “Octagon “ forum please 🙏 

I'm done. Thanks for the heads up 

Just now, bigbird said:

I'm done. Thanks for the heads up 

Y’all are Harsin’en the vibe in here ! 😝 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No need to pick on Golf while he's sleeping.

Don't bring my ass into this mess of back and forth. I'm watching a marathon of Monk

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

to be fair this is what most of the sports writers have been saying. let me say two words about gus and to prove you wrong. "O LINE". i just want to know what happened to some of you that refuse to admit the truth. i liked gus quite a bit but he did harm as well as good. so you cover up the untruths about gus by mentioning hars who had everyone including yourself fooled mikey. this is fact because i read your statements.

Harsin had me fooled for exactly two months. By February of 2021 I knew we had picked a loser. Anybody who mis treats subordinate employees is no kind of leader. Contrast that with the Hard for Harsin group, some of whom are posting in this thread, who swore by him well into his second year here. If he had you fooled for a long time, too bad.

Just now, Mikey said:

Harsin had me fooled for exactly two months. By February of 2021 I knew we had picked a loser. Anybody who mis treats subordinate employees is no kind of leader. Contrast that with the Hard for Harsin group, some of whom are posting in this thread, who swore by him well into his second year here. If he had you fooled for a long time, too bad.

well thank you for being honest. i am pretty sure two months qualifies you are suppoerter...............

• Like 1

mikey i will take up for my friends. when you are right about something and getting heat i have taken up for you in the past.is this not true? i am about the truth always.

21 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i remember mikey praising harsin so he was pretty much fooled like everyone else. and no mikey i will not dig through all your posts to dig them up. i trust enough people have seen them to know i am telling the truth. i never lie.ever. not knowingly. if you cannot take a man at his word then he is pretty much useless to me.

Why am I not surprised?  You'd have to do a lot of digging just to come up empty.

The closest I came to something that might have been mis understood about Harsin was when I said a good coach would win 10 games in 2021. Obviously, Harsin wasn't and didn't.

I think maybe you should put that pipe or whatever it is you use to get stoned down and get back to being  grounded.

• Dislike 1

I have to think we take a look at this guy with the history of Coach Montgomery. Still fairly green.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DAG said:

I have to think we take a look at this guy with the history of Coach Montgomery. Still fairly green.

I would hope we do. His one highlight looks better than most I have seen from our existing group. We need someone.

• Haha 1

Just now, au701948 said:

I would hope we do. His one highlight looks better than most I have seen from our existing group. We need someone.

I just think at the very least we need to bring in a new look, especially since TJ will be out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Why am I not surprised?  You'd have to do a lot of digging just to come up empty.

The closest I came to something that might have been mis understood about Harsin was when I said a good coach would win 10 games in 2021. Obviously, Harsin wasn't and didn't.

I think maybe you should put that pipe or whatever it is you use to get stoned down and get back to being  grounded.

dude i am grounded. it is a bad look to get in someones azz for liking a coach when YOU did the same thing.time is irrelevant. then when you get caught in something you ignore it. i cannot put it any simpler mikey. whey even discuss ANYTHING when you are wrong about the facts on something? and again i have taken up for you in the past and you had no problem with that. learn to understand you screw up just like i and many more do.

• Love 1

17 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am one of many that were initially fooled by Harsin.  I liked Gus and still do like him as a very good man but he had reached his pinnacle as a coach and was slowly going downhill so we needed a change. 

Nobody is arguing against that.

The Hard for Harsin guys trying to re-write history and blame low roster numbers on Gus when 20 (smart) players jumped off the Harsin ship is somewhere between funny and pathetic.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I just think at the very least we need to bring in a new look, especially since TJ will be out.

man i feel bad for tj. i know he is probably hurt and if he was our best then play him. but he is wearing a little thin with me and i worry about the chemistry in the locker room.

• Like 1

Just now, Mikey said:

Nobody is arguing against that.

The Hard for Harsin guys trying to re-write history and blame low roster numbers on Gus when 20 (smart) players jumped off the Harsin ship is somewhere between funny and pathetic.

i agree with them. he hurt us bad on linemen and i felt we never lived up to getting great receivers like we used to get. most of your sportscasters are agreeing with the hard harsin bunch that gus hurt auburn with less than stellar recruiting. hell i agree with it and i like gus, but it is what it is mikey. how many games have we lost in the last few years with our line getting murdered on the field? i am not going to be mean about anything but you are not going to change my mind on this.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

especially since TJ will be out.

What's he waiting on? Clock is ticking

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Bro….TJ is going to end up being the starter. I can feel it. 

Great! I said last year about this time if TJ was our starting QB the 1st game , that I would slit my wrist(he was, I did) If that happens this year I will slit my other wrist and probly die.. Thanks for this devastating news...

• Haha 3