toddc

Would it be possible to get back to the topic of The Portal please? Thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Let me try to help with that Argo....Does anyone know if grad transfers have to be in the Portal by April 30th? I mean how will they know if they gonna graduate or not if the semester isn't over until May? TJ for example.  Does he have to be in Portal by April 30?

Edited by NWALA Tiger

10 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Does anyone know if grad transfers have to be in the Portal by April 30th?

To transfer to another p5 school, yes supposedly.

11 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I mean how will they know if they gonna graduate or not if the semester isn't over until May?

Because they all have academic counselors that let them know how close they are every step of the way even if the soon to be grad didn't keep up with it themself. That said nearly every SR I knew in school knew a good ways before this point when they were graduating whether it be May, June, or August.

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

TJ for example.  Does he have to be in Portal by April 30?

If he's going to a P5 school, yes supposedly. Down to D2 or lower, no.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

To transfer to another p5 school, yes supposedly.

Because they all have academic counselors that let them know how close they are every step of the way even if the soon to be grad didn't keep up with it themself. That said nearly every SR I knew in school knew a good ways before this point when they were graduating whether it be May, June, or August.

If he's going to a P5 school, yes supposedly. Down to D2 or lower, no.

Interesting is that more restrictive on grad transfers now than before the portal model?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

Interesting is that more restrictive on grad transfers now than before the portal model?

I forgot about that part. Not ure if it applies.

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Why you asking?

kind of scaring me fifty........................................

Predict Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

sorry about the confusion pea shooter..............grins

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I forgot about that part. Not ure if it applies.

Found this on an NCAA document dated September of 22. Not sure if this has changed since or not. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Q12: Does a student-athlete who intends to use their remaining athletics eligibility after graduation at another school need to provide notification of transfer during the appropriate transfer window for their sport?

A12: No. A student-athlete who plans to enroll as a postgraduate at another school during the next term or academic year may request to enter the NCAA Transfer Portal at any time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

Found this on an NCAA document dated September of 22. Not sure if this has changed since or not. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Q12: Does a student-athlete who intends to use their remaining athletics eligibility after graduation at another school need to provide notification of transfer during the appropriate transfer window for their sport?

A12: No. A student-athlete who plans to enroll as a postgraduate at another school during the next term or academic year may request to enter the NCAA Transfer Portal at any time.

@aujohnson Thanks! Do you have a link for that?

7 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I don’t think it’s humanly possible to do that much damage to a program unintentionally.   The ONLY explanation is that he was purposefully trying to destroy our program while doing just barely enough to legally keep his buyout.  
What a handful of people did to him was wrong.   What he did to all of us was also wrong!!!  My mama always told me, “2 wrongs don’t make a right.”    In this case, I’m just glad he’s gone and we now have a coach that gets AU, loves AU, and he’s working his butt off to fix what that ________ did!

Done wrong? *Auburn* did nothing wrong to him. It was between that or actually doing wrong to Mason.

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

Like if you knew this post was coming.

Yes, we knew this post was coming also. Good Lord man, just give it up!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, we knew this post was coming also. Good Lord man, just give it up!

Oh good, mini-mouse has flown in for daddy. How cute.

Keep up the good work, it's obviously on the right side of history 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Oh good, mini-mouse has flown in for daddy. How cute.

Keep up the good work, it's obviously on the right side of history 

You Hard for Harsin believers don't even realize how disingenuous you are, do you? Your boy Harsin can't manage a team and lets 20 guys jump ship between seasons one and two. Now you try to rewrite history and blame Gus for roster numbers being low. Admit your failures! Facing the truth will set you free.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For those that listen to the Auburn express podcast, and I know many of you do not, 3 days ago they did a deep dive into the recruiting classes from 19-22 - player by player. Long show. Great breakdown. 
Basically it breaks down the last few years under Gus and of course all of Harsin’s few years. 

Whether is was roster management, talent evaluation, or just flat out arrogance and laziness, these classes have led us to where we are today. 
Take a listen. It is an eye opener. 

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

If it is ever going to pick up with players, it will be over the next few days. I think Monday and Tuesday will be the biggest days. 
So far there is not much to talk about. 

39 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

If it is ever going to pick up with players, it will be over the next few days. I think Monday and Tuesday will be the biggest days. 
So far there is not much to talk about. 

I get that, but.  I work a full time job thru the week, and when I get on the portal or recruiting site, I would just like to see news about whatever the topic is.... Posters got off chasing rabbits such as Gus_ Harsin and smoking weed... All I'm saying is please keep it to informative posts like ToddC does and talk about other topics in their respective threads... Not trying to offend, but respectfully asking.

Edited by ArgoEagle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Well we have a DE from Cincinnati visiting on Sunday I think. 
We have offered 2 OL although neither have visited yet (we would take both today but they are hot commodities so we have to hope they visit). 
We are looking at the TCU WR. 

And we are waiting for a QB. 

there are a few exceptions, like another DE we have offered, but that pretty much wraps it up so far. 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Do we have any of them QB's yet?👀

Tyrone Biggums GIFs | Tenor

where did you get the video of mims? i knew he was cray cray...........lol

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

You Hard for Harsin believers don't even realize how disingenuous you are, do you? Your boy Harsin can't manage a team and lets 20 guys jump ship between seasons one and two. Now you try to rewrite history and blame Gus for roster numbers being low. Admit your failures! Facing the truth will set you free.

to be fair this is what most of the sports writers have been saying. let me say two words about gus and to prove you wrong. "O LINE". i just want to know what happened to some of you that refuse to admit the truth. i liked gus quite a bit but he did harm as well as good. so you cover up the untruths about gus by mentioning hars who had everyone including yourself fooled mikey. this is fact because i read your statements.

• Facepalm 1