2023 Portal Discussion Thread

toddc

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Matthew Jacobs is definitely a source I wouldn't look to. I'll rephrase things going forward. Nothing on the 2 guys you asked about from AU psy site reporters FWIW.

@HAPvsOAfixed FWIW

On 4/19/2023 at 11:39 AM, gr82b4au said:

Can you imagine not having the transfer portal? Goodness our team next year may not win 2 games. 
Without the portal additions just 3 months ago we would be down to 75 scholarship kids and we would be without our starting center, starting left tackle, starting right tackle, starting WR, starting DT, starting linebacker (maybe 2), starting DE… add to that we are desperately still looking for a starting QB, starting guard, and a starting Jack. Can you imagine? We would not be able to fill out a team without them. 
…what HF has done in the short time is frankly amazing, and without the portal we would be worse than Vandy for years.
We still have a long way to go just to compete …that is how bad it is because of the last few years of Gus and then Harsin. 

Quoted so others can read it again

• Like 6

On 4/19/2023 at 11:39 AM, gr82b4au said:

we would be down to 75 scholarship

Likely a good bit less than that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The messed up part about this is nobody at Auburn University has been held accountable for taking us from a team that played for a National Title 10 years ago, to a team that has been an SEC bottom dweller for 2 years. In fact, the two people who probably hold the most responsibility for it got millions of dollars and to keep their dignity. Personally I believe that Auburn should sue Bryan Harsin for breach of contract, due to his complete lack of planning and action on the recruiting trail. You’ll never convince me that after the investigation, that guy didn’t hang it up and purposely sabotage the football program. 

Leath, Green, JJ, Gus, Harsin is my Mt Rushmore of saboteurs 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, AUINSY said:

Are you a developer or an attorney in your trade? Just curious. I can't recall what you do for work

me and him drive the trash truck in auburn.............lol

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The messed up part about this is nobody at Auburn University has been held accountable for taking us from a team that played for a National Title 10 years ago, to a team that has been an SEC bottom dweller for 2 years. In fact, the two people who probably hold the most responsibility for it got millions of dollars and to keep their dignity. Personally I believe that Auburn should sue Bryan Harsin for breach of contract, due to his complete lack of planning and action on the recruiting trail. You’ll never convince me that after the investigation, that guy didn’t hang it up and purposely sabotage the football program. 

i believe you and agree with you. he sure ran a lot of folks off. i hope his genitals fall off. maybe then he will not screw up anything else. am i right? lol i love me sometimes..............grins

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Uh oh.

Mikey alert!!

i liked gus even tho i thought he was a goober. but let me say we let gus stay two or three years too long. i can like someone and still dislike the job they did.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i liked gus even tho i thought he was a goober. but let me say we let gus stay two or three years too long. i can like someone and still dislike the job they did.

community-high-five.gif 

Thank you!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Someone is tampering.  Apparently Bama needs a QB.  So Bama/UF/Auburn all looking for guys

“We passed on him.”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, aubiefifty said:

I do not find nobility in not doing your job to the best of your ability knowing one has a $24 million parachute.

I know too many people that are nice to your face.  His actions were the tell.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

community-high-five.gif 

Thank you!

need proof mr bird. i like golf and look at the job he is doing.............grins. he ignores my jokes and stuff so i guess i am too much for the little feller.........

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

I do not find nobility in not doing your job to the best of your ability knowing one has a $24 million parachute.

I know too many people that are nice to your face.  His actions were the tell.

i never said i would hire him bro. but when he beat jawja and said the "we beat the dog crap out of them kinda made me like him more. and yes i know people are nice to your face as  i post in the pols boards and i bet half those guys hate my guts. but hell i own it.

• Like 1

I don't think Gus was too far off from our ceiling in MOST of his years here but it definitely felt like we were setting up for where we are now thanks to his complete neglect of the OL. Potato Head accelerated/excacerbated it, obviously. Unfortunately, Gus was doing just well enough at the time that when combined with how difficult our schedule has been that we were going to look like early 2000s Nebraska if we fired him before the consequences of said OL recruiting came home to roost.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i liked gus even tho i thought he was a goober.

Well goobers look funny, especially when you have the smoke in you so yo're excused.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

Well goobers look funny, especially when you have the smoke in you so yo're excused.

to be honest i am barely high tonight and i am not sure why. lol my plans went awry. but ehy lets meet and stoned and eat a whataburger and go visit buccees.............grins.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

to be honest i am barely high tonight and i am not sure why. lol my plans went awry. but ehy lets meet and stoned and eat a whataburger and go visit buccees.............grins.

If you weren't medicated through the last half of Gus's tenure I would worry about your sanity.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not high i have like a dozen angry folks on my behind on other threads on the pol boards......

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

If you weren't medicated through the last half of Gus's tenure I would worry about your sanity.

i found legal delta 8 and 9 gummies that are stronger than regular pot. and legal so far in alabama. one half a gummy on an empty stomach and a few cups of coffe and oll fiddy stays home cus he does not need to drive. grins

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Leath, Green, JJ, Gus, Harsin is my Mt Rushmore of saboteurs 

I'd take another saboteur like Gus. Big hand in a national championship and an SEC championship, won another SEC championship and played for another national championship. Left us with an all-time total offense leader at QB. Yeah, give me another one of those!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Like if you knew this post was coming.

animal-house.gif

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

need proof mr bird. i like golf and look at the job he is doing.............grins. he ignores my jokes and stuff so i guess i am too much for the little feller.........

What jokes???????????????????:poke:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You’ll never convince me that after the investigation, that guy didn’t hang it up and purposely sabotage the football program. 

I don’t think it’s humanly possible to do that much damage to a program unintentionally.   The ONLY explanation is that he was purposefully trying to destroy our program while doing just barely enough to legally keep his buyout.  
What a handful of people did to him was wrong.   What he did to all of us was also wrong!!!  My mama always told me, “2 wrongs don’t make a right.”    In this case, I’m just glad he’s gone and we now have a coach that gets AU, loves AU, and he’s working his butt off to fix what that ________ did!

• Like 4
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

What jokes???????????????????:poke:

how big a boy are you golf?