Bellantoni not being retained

PigskinPat

I mean this is how it always goes when hiring a new head coach. I bet almost all of the current staff will be let go.

• Like 3

Yea, well based on the results from both recruiting, player development, and wins/loses, I don't see retaining all of the staff as a winning strategy. Yes, there are some gems like Cadillac, but I don't see how you can say that purging most of the staff is a bad thing overall.

Let the man do his thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I mean this is how it always goes when hiring a new head coach. I bet almost all of the current staff will be let go.

I want full autonomy so this does give me some relief. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Our recruiting up until now has been a wreck, and if any of these guys packed it in recruiting wise after Harsin was let go, then no problem with them not being retained.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

I want full autonomy so this does give me some relief. 

No one's job should be safe except Carnell's. 

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

How u fell about keeping Zach?

I honestly don't know TBH. I can understand Carnell. I do have a bright spot for Reed. I think everyone else is expendable TBH. I honestly want C.Rob gone too, despite his relationship with Freeze, but I imagine that will be the DC choice.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

No one's job should be safe except Carnell's. 

My biggest fear there, was that I thought no one should be dictated to whoever the next head coach was.  I thought Caddy's work spoke for itself, and the man bleeds Auburn, but I did not think it wise to force-feed retaining him down an incoming coach's throat.  Based on what Freeze had to say about him during the presser, Freeze sounded genuinely sold on him, and Caddy earned the job himself.  I think that is best for the work relationship for both of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, DAG said:

I do have a bright spot for Reed.

Carnell was the obvious keeper, but I also believe Trovon is very valuable. That dude loves Auburn and his energy is infectious. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, DAG said:

I do have a bright spot for Reed.

He's essentially back office.  I'd be surprised if someone like him would be on the chopping block this early

21 hours ago, Strychnine said:

My biggest fear there, was that I thought no one should be dictated to whoever the next head coach was.  I thought Caddy's work spoke for itself, and the man bleeds Auburn, but I did not think it wise to force-feed retaining him down an incoming coach's throat.  Based on what Freeze had to say about him during the presser, Freeze sounded genuinely sold on him, and Caddy earned the job himself.  I think that is best for the work relationship for both of them.

I mean seriously that was the easiest choice Freeze made. First who better to coach RBs than one of the best ever. Second he is Hugh’s ticket to getting the family behind him. A lot of folks would have been mad. Plus as I said yesterday, nothing against Freeze but Caddy was the AU presidents and AD’s ace in the hole to assure there are no repeats of past mistakes. And I think Hugh is fine with that. That might have been Kiffen’s reason for backing out and I’m good with that. Like I said Hugh is getting a great present in Cadillac . 😊👍

I think it is VERY safe to say that our edge rushers underperformed this year.  The amount of time opposing QBs had to throw the ball was ridiculous almost every game, even in situations where it was a given that the opponent was passing.  There were also a LOT of teams that broke AU's containment at the edge.  It was almost always a result of our guy not being able to get off the block or a result of our guy getting way too deep to contain anything. If not for some very nice tackles in the open field by guys in the secondary it would have been much worse.