The backlash will be really bad

gr82b4au

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I agree that this move is a big risk. If he fails in the coaching part , we are ridiculed for what would turn out to be worse hire than Harsin. If he fails on a personal level (from a moral standpoint), we get what we deserve. If he is successful, it will take many years of success for the risk to be abated. 

I agree.  I hope he exhibits some signs of character and integrity in his first address.  Still, coming from Liberty makes me very suspect.

19 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

So you're also well-informed about the character of the AD that CHF defended? An AD who wasn't even at Liberty when the alleged assault (thrown out in court) happened? 

Yeah, dude.  Go check out his time at Baylor.  

51 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

I could care less about his character. Can the dude coach? His coaching record says he's a mediocre coach doing mediocre things. Four to five loss seasons isn't going to cut it here.

Then we will fire him. It's what we do. I did not see a Saban type hire. Matt Rhule would have been fine, wasn't crazy about Kiffen, would have been pleased with Fickel , or Grimes. As long as Freeze will keep his pants on , I'll give him a chance. 

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

how would you feel if the posts were all about  posts about Allah,  Shiva, Buddha,  or Atheism.  This board is for talking football. 

have you heard the word of Buddha lately? i could care less if you worship the urinal of a crack house. i stand up for your right to be an athiest as well. more power to you. this football board is about human interaction and religion is part of it. what YOU miss is ichy is showing you love in his own way and you insult him. now do you understand? and trust me if someone jumped you and told you to shut up because of your beliefs i would be on them like a rat on a cheeto. you have that right as an american and i stand by that right.

Just now, icanthearyou said:

I agree.  I hope he exhibits some signs of character and integrity in his first address.  Still, coming from Liberty makes me very suspect.

I don’t have a poor opinion of Liberty. Their last president was terrible for sure, but as far as I know, nothing before jr. came on board. They will get past this too I believe. He definitely led them astray.

15 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Likewise, thank you for taking the time to understand the real situation, rather than running around in "sky is falling" mode! 😁

Thank you for sharing.

I have little respect for "mob" mentality as people can get stirred into a craze and at the end of the day, these same people have no clue why they are burning down the neighborhood. However, online mobs are a reality in the world we live in. We base a lot of our judgement on street corner gossip and social media fuels this. I have always been told to be wise to Firestarters. 

Every team has fair weather supporters,  BAMA swims in a sea of them. 

Thanks for providing some clarity. 

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Just prepare for it. Going from Cadillac to freeze is going to make a lot of people upset. It will wear off over time but it will be bad for a while. 

It won't wear off for me. Some things are just unacceptable no matter what, and time does not change that for people who have standards.  I'm appalled by this hire, and as long as Freeze is at Auburn I will keep my money, and most of my family feels the same way. No more donations. It will ALWAYS be bad. There is no way to sugar coat this. There's just people who don't want better.

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

No, I do not.  Do you know of something/anything he has done to show remorse or exhibit change?

I frankly don’t care. He made a big mistake and the whole world knows about it. When you and I make mistakes like that only a handful of people will really know. 

Being virtuous only leads to a hellish life where you can’t exist. We are all extremely flawed. Being idealistic is one of the worst things human beings can be. It has led to suffering beyond measure. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

He has no character or integrity to exhibit. He'll throw around a few bible verses and people will think he's changed. He hasn't. 

1 minute ago, woodford said:

I frankly don’t care. He made a big mistake and the whole world knows about it. When you and I make mistakes like that only a handful of people will really know. 

Being virtuous only leads to a hellish life where you can’t exist. We are all extremely flawed. Being idealistic is one of the worst things human beings can be. It has led to suffering beyond measure. 

What he did was not a "mistake". It was an exhibition of sociopathic behavior. There is a spectrum of sociopathy and I know he's on it because of his behavior. Then there's the recent harassment of that poor young woman. He has no understanding of appropriate behavior, and also, on topof that, has a disrespectful attitude towards women, including his own wife. 

CHF is lucky another school gave him a chance after OM. He put in the work and proved he can still coach. Now he would be the stupidest person in the world to go to another major program and go back to old habits, that would put him in the Art Briles school of future jobs. 

Edited by AlaskanFAN

59 minutes ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

So...if Hugh walked in to your place of ministry needing ministering (like we all do), you'd leave because you can't be associated with him or Auburn University? Or would you tell him to leave because your reputation in that place of ministry would be jeopardized?

Let me ask this question: if Freeze was submitting to a background check for coaching youth sports and you were on the review committee,  would you approve his application?

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

What he did was not a "mistake". It was an exhibition of sociopathic behavior. There is a spectrum of sociopathy and I know he's on it because of his behavior. Then there's the recent harassment of that poor young woman. He has no understanding of appropriate behavior, and also, on topof that, has a disrespectful attitude towards women, including his own wife. 

Speaking of sociopaths….. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

have you heard the word of Buddha lately? i could care less if you worship the urinal of a crack house. i stand up for your right to be an athiest as well. more power to you. this football board is about human interaction and religion is part of it. what YOU miss is ichy is showing you love in his own way and you insult him. now do you understand? and trust me if someone jumped you and told you to shut up because of your beliefs i would be on them like a rat on a cheeto. you have that right as an american and i stand by that right.

I don't push my beliefs on anyone.   Politics is also part of human interaction,  but it is not allowed here because it is a person and volatile subject.  So is religion.  

He shouldn't have been insulted anymore than some when Christianity  is brought into the conversation.    There should be a NO religious posts rule  here like the  NO  political posts rule.  Neither have anything to do with football.  Jesus doesn't care who we hire as a football coach.

7 minutes ago, woodford said:

You cannot be any more corrupt than to believe that.   Do you consider yourself to be a sociopath?

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I don't push my beliefs on anyone.   Politics is also part of human interaction,  but it is not allowed here because it is a person and volatile subject.  So is religion.  

He shouldn't have been insulted anymore than some when Christianity  is brought into the conversation.    There should be a NO religious posts rule  here like the  NO  political posts rule.  Neither have anything to do with football.  Jesus doesn't care who we hire as a football coach.

There actually is but it is not being well policed. Well, at least, I think one poster got the boot.

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

You cannot be any more corrupt than to believe that.   Do you consider yourself to be a sociopath?

Don’t really know how to answer this lol I come to this website to talk Auburn. Respectfully putting you on ignore. War Eagle, buddy. 

• Like 1

Baggage aside, why are so many people here convinced he's going to come to AU and win? Sure, he recruited well at OM but then he got busted paying them. Paying is legal now so what else does he have to offer?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

It won't wear off for me. Some things are just unacceptable no matter what, and time does not change that for people who have standards.  I'm appalled by this hire, and as long as Freeze is at Auburn I will keep my money, and most of my family feels the same way. No more donations. It will ALWAYS be bad. There is no way to sugar coat this. There's just people who don't want better.

So you know him? 

55 minutes ago, woodford said:

Being idealistic is one of the worst things human beings can be. It has led to suffering beyond measure. 

And yet you place your faith in a logo without issue. What a strange statement. 

1 hour ago, ursamajortoole said:

What the heck does JABA even mean

Just Auburn Being Auburn (or we are our worse enemy and most of our wounds are self-affected)