The backlash will be really bad

gr82b4au

3 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Neither, you would immediately give him a job worth 6.5 mil/year and make him the face of the ministry.  That is how true forgiveness, the grace of Jesus, works. 

Your argument makes no sense. He is not getting paid to be a minister. He is getting paid to win football games. 
And since you are without sin and you clearly know the man, you are free to judge him. Feel free to root against Auburn and maybe he will screw up again so you can have your “I told you so” moment. 
Me- I am going to support him and hope that he is a changed man. And I just hope my God is a lot more forgiving than you… or I am in trouble. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

How in the world does forgiveness have anything to do with making someone your football coach?

man bad so he does not deserve to coach? because he has a gift and he can use that gift to mentor kids. it is his life. you think he is not super grateful for a second chance? all i know is it is done and we should be lifting him up and supporting him up. man bad so he does not deserve to coach? he can preach to the kids about being among the fallen and with the grace of the good lord he could be a super remodel for those that maybe screwed up so bad they do not deserve a second chance.

Just now, aujohnson said:

You have a pretty low standard for harassment. If you are basing that on a dm where he said someone was a good man. 

Ha, we have different views of what a "good man" is

30 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

There is nothing to indicate that he has.  There are indications that he has not.  Liberty is certainly not a place for finding your way.

True character does the right thing whether being monitored or, not. 

Redemption is personal.  It requires soul searching and, communication with Jesus.  It has absolutely nothing to do with coaching football.  Winning football games is not redemption.

Redemption and Jesus are not intertwined. Statements like this may carry weight in your church, but that's not where we are.

Not sure what you mean by "Liberty is certainly not a place for finding your way", but it sounds like a negative personal opinion and in no way based on any sort of factual ground. 

1 minute ago, woodford said:

“OMG what a terrible person!!!”

:: Auburn 4-0 and Gameday comes to town for DSOR::

”y’all think we have a chance on Saturday??”

A toddler could lead Auburn to a 4-0 start next season. UMASS, Cal, Stanford, TAMU? Get real

1 minute ago, woodford said:

Playing in a bowl game helps the program. Play the game. 

Not sure it helps much with as many as we will be loosing. Several probably will choose to not play.

6 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

it's nice how Freeze has brought us together already and we are all back to doing what we enjoy the most: Complaining about our football coach.

Not my first choice, but it's done and I say give the guy a chance. If we are going to rip somebody, let's rip the guys who hired him.

the man wanted it bad and he said years ago when buddying with gus he loved or liked auburn. he is in a position to show the power of redemption. i think it is a chance because of the unknowns but if he is legit i believe he probably leaves auburn better than he found it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

man bad so he does not deserve to coach? because he has a gift and he can use that gift to mentor kids. it is his life. you think he is not super grateful for a second chance? all i know is it is done and we should be lifting him up and supporting him up. man bad so he does not deserve to coach? he can preach to the kids about being among the fallen and with the grace of the good lord he could be a super remodel for those that maybe screwed up so bad they do not deserve a second chance.

I do not believe he has shown any signs of change.  We are taking a huge risk with this hire. 

Now honestly, are you allowing yourself to be deceived because,,, you want to extend the love and mercy of Jesus or,,, because you want to win football games?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

You have a pretty low standard for harassment. If you are basing that on a dm where he said someone was a good man. 

This, and for those who don't understand the facts as outlined in a video linked in several other posts on this site:

For those who won't/can't watch a vid, the TL:DR version:

1. ALLEGED sexual assault at Liberty happened THREE YEARS BEFORE CHF even showed up on campus.

2. The assault charges were THROWN OUT in court. 

3. The players named counter-sued, also thrown out. 

4. The AD CHF defended IN PRIVATE to the girl who pressed the charges that the court threw out was also NOT the AD at Liberty when the false assault happened. 

I do not believe he has shown any signs of change.  We are taking a huge risk with this hire. 

Now honestly, are you allowing yourself to be deceived because,,, you want to extend the love and mercy of Jesus or,,, because you want to win football games?

quit pushing YOUR religion.  

Time to go home Sargeant Carter. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Ha, we have different views of what a "good man" is

So you're also well-informed about the character of the AD that CHF defended? An AD who wasn't even at Liberty when the alleged assault (thrown out in court) happened? 

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

quit pushing YOUR religion. 

quit being a richard. i have yet to see any rule stating none can share the love of religion here. you were crying a day or two ago because your post got ignored or you weren't included in something. for the record jesus was brought up several times so he was posting in the context of the thread. why is that so hard to understand. and seeing as how this board is mostly religious do you really want to push that?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

This, and for those who don't understand the facts as outlined in a video linked in several other posts on this site:

For those who won't/can't watch a vid, the TL:DR version:

1. ALLEGED sexual assault at Liberty happened THREE YEARS BEFORE CHF even showed up on campus.

2. The assault charges were THROWN OUT in court. 

3. The players named counter-sued, also thrown out. 

4. The AD CHF defended IN PRIVATE to the girl who pressed the charges that the court threw out was also NOT the AD at Liberty when the false assault happened. 

Thank you for the clarification. I hadn’t taken the time to look all of that up. 👍🏼

• Like 1

Just now, aujohnson said:

Thank you for the clarification. I hadn’t taken the time to look all of that up. 👍🏼

Likewise, thank you for taking the time to understand the real situation, rather than running around in "sky is falling" mode! 😁

• Like 1

Just now, aubiefifty said:

quit being a richard. i have yet to see any rule stating none can share the love of religion here. you were crying a day or two ago because your post got ignored or you weren't included in something. for the record jesus was brought up several times so he was posting in the context of the thread. why is that so hard to understand. and seeing as how this board is mostly religious do you really want to push that?

how would you feel if the posts were all about  posts about Allah,  Shiva, Buddha,  or Atheism.  This board is for talking football. 

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

how would you feel if the posts were all about  posts about Allah,  Shiva, Buddha,  or Atheism.  This board is for talking football. 

I believe in the context Jesus is being used as a standard. If you would like to compare to another standard feel free. 🤷🏻‍♂️

33 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Typical response of someone with no character. 

When leadership has no integrity, no character,,, a society, a culture will ultimately fail (see history of civilizations).

You mean like Urban Meyer whom many Auburn fans were clamoring for? He's a real saint. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Lol do you know him personally or something? Sorry you didn’t get your Lord and Savior Deion Sanders 😔

Edited by woodford

6 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

No one wants to hear about your imaginary friend in the sky.  

Does that offend  you? 

Not at all.  I certainly understand.

Still, I KNOW Jesus is real.  I am sorry that makes you upset.

16 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I agree that this move is a big risk. If he fails in the coaching part , we are ridiculed for what would turn out to be worse hire than Harsin. If he fails on a personal level (from a moral standpoint), we get what we deserve. If he is successful, it will take many years of success for the risk to be abated.