on coaching searches in general.............

aubiefifty

4 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Wait...are you equating being gay, non-white, or non-religious as morally objectionable to the level of ... *checks notes*... infidelity, violating recruiting rules, and contacting sexual assault accusers in a way that could and has been interpreted as using their power for intimidation?

Because Auburn University is not a religious institution. It's a secular one. If you want to get into the "morals are subjective and therefore slippery" argument then I guess go ahead. But it's quite silly to go the route you're going with this. Many fans can and do look at this from the reasonable level and say that he has enough accusations against him of things that, regardless of your belief system, are morally dubious enough to warrant going in another direction.

Oh, step back off the ledge Mr. Grumpy. I was attempting to draw a parallel but I guess we're all too jumpy for courteous discussion. 

7 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Wait...are you equating being gay, non-white, or non-religious as morally objectionable to the level of ... *checks notes*... infidelity, violating recruiting rules, and contacting sexual assault accusers in a way that could and has been interpreted as using their power for intimidation?

Because Auburn University is not a religious institution. It's a secular one. If you want to get into the "morals are subjective and therefore slippery" argument then I guess go ahead. But it's quite silly to go the route you're going with this. Many fans can and do look at this from the reasonable level and say that he has enough accusations against him of things that, regardless of your belief system, are morally dubious enough to warrant going in another direction.

Freeze is a divisive character, according to these forums but real fanbase support isn't measured by the internet opinion but by "buts-in-the-seats", which will be just fine regardless of who is hired. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Systems said:

Problem is: having moral objections to someone's employment is itself morally objectionable isn't it; and it's a slippery slope to stand on. One of our future coaches may turn out to be divorced or gay or atheist or trans/gender agnostic or even a non white guy - imagine that! Then what will we say or do if we're still clinging to our moral objections to the conditions of employment? Despite the collective opinion of the internet, our Administrators and Boosters are working very hard to do their best for Auburn. Coaches come and go. I'm pulling for my Tigers regardless. 

https://giphy.com/clips/TheDemocrats-dnc-democrats-dncclip-NMwfsTmo8Y5Mumi896

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Systems said:

Oh, step back off the ledge Mr. Grumpy. I was attempting to draw a parallel but I guess we're all too jumpy for courteous discussion. 

Was I discourteous in my response? Was I grumpy? I think your parallels are in and of themselves sort of ridiculous on their face. I say that with all the courtesy I have.

Nobody has argued for or against Freeze as a Christian or atheist, a republican/democrat, his skin color, or what brand of soda he likes. The objections to him have been for his actions and the myriad of things that follow him to where he is at this moment in his life. For many fans, he rises to the level that they don't want him representing their school and leading young men. Which is their right as much as you have your right to support him and disagree. I have said repeatedly that personally, I won't support the hire. If Auburn hires him, that's for me to follow through on. I'm not going to s*** on you if you decide to support him. 

54 minutes ago, Systems said:

Problem is: having moral objections to someone's employment is itself morally objectionable isn't it; and it's a slippery slope to stand on. One of our future coaches may turn out to be divorced or gay or atheist or trans/gender agnostic or even a non white guy - imagine that! Then what will we say or do if we're still clinging to our moral objections to the conditions of employment? Despite the collective opinion of the internet, our Administrators and Boosters are working very hard to do their best for Auburn. Coaches come and go. I'm pulling for my Tigers regardless. 

i agree and i will stand behind whomever they hire as well.

23 minutes ago, Systems said:

Freeze is a divisive character, according to these forums but real fanbase support isn't measured by the internet opinion but by "buts-in-the-seats", which will be just fine regardless of who is hired. 

if he has changed his ways i am all for being forgiving and giving him a second shot. if he messes up i am sure auburn will be on it real quick.

1 hour ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I would like to see the moderators make a sticky post closed to replies that lays out the FACTS of what Freeze was guilty of.  Because I'm not sure, and there are too many conflicting opinions on this web site.

he made a girl take her shirt off in his office because it was not proper. he paid players. had grades changed. and he used a company phone to call call girls. the phone i think it what got him busted. the girl thing was bad because no one was there when freeze told a girl to remove her shirt as it was not proper. it is all online if ya google it.